Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pro-Liers Seal off $500,000 in "Memorial" to "Abortion Victims" :wtf

Posted by Anonymous User 
BREAKING NEWS! ...And by "breaking", I mean that this has been around for a few years and I only just saw it today on tumblr.

The Mississippi Baptist Convention (an ardent anti-choice group in America), collected 50 million pennies (or $500,000 USD) and sealed them in a glass case to stand as a memorial to the victims of abortion. No, I'm not talking about the unfortunate cases where the surgery goes wrong, or in remembrance of what is, for many women, one of the hardest decisions that they'd ever made up until that point. This memorial is to honor and remember all of those aborted clumps of cells that apparently have more value than actual human fucking beings.

Here is a picture of the memorial.

When reached for comment, Paster Goober McShitheel was quoted as saying, "This is an excellent use of $500K! Every penny represents one of the 50 million lives lost to legalized abortion (or as we like to call it, "Murder Satan Evil Killing Time")."

However, this memorial does not in any way represent the millions more clumps of cells that are routinely flushed out of a woman's uterus by her menstrual cycle. This reporter is forced to conclude that when God does it, it apparently isn't abortion...

Members of the cult - err, the church - are fully supportive of this use of donated money.

"I love the idea!" Raves Moomoo Pancake-Tits, a long time member of the church. "I mean, what else could we do with $500K? Use it to help living kids who don't have food or shelter? HA! How silly!"

Strangely, when this reported pointed out that the "monument" was essentially comparing the "pwecious babehs" to the most worthless currency in the country, she was asked to leave the celebration immediately. She agreed and made her escape post-haste, realizing that she'd never really acquired the taste for Kool-Aid...
I have no words for how disgusting this is, when there's people out there suffering, starving, and dying. Including baybeez. More proof that fundies only care about the clumps, not the actual baybeez or moos.
They should donate that money to better the lives of living children instead of mourn clumps that never were. That would really be pro-life.
Re: Pro-Liers Seal off $500,000 in "Memorial" to "Abortion Victims" :wtf
April 13, 2014
Agreed. But they probably prefer grandstanding to doing some actual good.
That money would go to better use to me paying off my debts and going to grad school without going into to debt again.

*starts planning a penny heist*

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
cj
Agreed. But they probably prefer grandstanding to doing some actual good.

This! So, so much this.

Instead of stupid memorials and stalking women for city blocks, they should get OB/GYNs to set up a table on public property with a sign that says "I will provide all your prenatal care for free." Their crisis pregnancy centers should set up a table that says "I will pay for the hospital expenses." Other tables that would be helpful are a "I will buy all your diapers for two years" or "I will buy all your formula for two years." All of these people would have shelled out a couple hundred bucks to have an attorney draft a legal, binding contract that these women could sign right then and there legally binding these anti-abortion people to provide very specific services other than the vague, non-binding promises made by crisis pregnancy centers that usually amount to a dollar store pregnancy test and a non-diagnostic ultrasound. Don't get me wrong, this wouldn't stop every abortion. I would be there for clump removal in a New York minute. However, I don't doubt some women do see abortion as the only option when they would choose another if they had the financial rescources to do otherwise. Since this ultimately is about controlling other people's lives rather than saving all the precious snowflake babies they won't do anything that actually helps women or current living children, they need to fuck off and die in a fire.
paragon schnitzophonic
That money would go to better use to me paying off my debts and going to grad school without going into to debt again.

*starts planning a penny heist*

Seriously! 500K would easily pay off my student loans. Come on, you fucking assholes, I'm practically a fetus! I'm just a little older and actually contribute something to society! Let me know when you're planning that heist, paragon! I'll hijack a crane with a wrecking ball!
April 14, 2014
Well then surely women should have more abortions so the pennies will reach all the way to the ceiling of their little glass piggy bank. Looks only half full. Let's all have more abortions so they can have a million dollars in pennies. smile rolling left righteyes2

So do they actually use that money for anything, or does it just sit there as a reminder? I know it's in coins, but who is to say a bunch of determined homeless people wouldn't bust the memorial open and help themselves to the coins? Think of how many cans and bottles they'd need to find to equal $500K.

Yay for priorities. With ALL the other issues going on, either local to these people or otherwise, THIS is the biggest issue they can think of? How's about taking all that money and using it to help poor women be on birth control for free, or for sex ed classes? You know, stuff that could prevent the need for abortion instead of telling every woman who has one that she's a filthy whore that should keep her legs closed.

I really hope someone breaks that thing open and steals the money.
Reason #34582043752 that forced-birthers are full of shit when they say they care about children.

They're sitting on half a million dollars, and doing what with it? Pouring it in a giant glass box and letting it collect dust there, at least until someone steals it.

How many poor children would half a million dollars help? How many poor piggos could they give free pre-natal care? They could help dozens if not hundreds of people with that kind of money.

But no. They're not going to actually help children with this money. They're not going to offer the money to women who are thinking of abortion for financial reasons. It probably never even occurred to them. They're just gonna let it rot in a box as some sort of convoluted attempt to shame women.

Because that's all they really care about -- trying to control women. They don't give a fuck about children.
April 15, 2014
WOOOO this is SO useful! What a grand idea! I am sure it will help those stupid wombyn who wants to abort change their minds! HUZZAH! smile rolling left righteyes2 sarcastic clapping

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
I have this Dremel and a glass cutting bit...
This pisses me off for all of the above, plus because I'm obsessed with collecting wheat pennies and there's 50 damn million pennies I can't rake through now! angry flipping off
Is this for real? The memorial looks like a bus shelter.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 15, 2014
byrdistheword
Paster Goober McShitheel ...Moomoo Pancake-Tits

STOP IT waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

Pastor Goober McShitheel is, of course, full of shit as every last Baptist pastor is. He's a wannabe Scrooge McDuck who worships money above all else, like every last Baptist pastor does. But he had to have a good excuse to fulfill his lifelong dream of diving headfirst into his moneypiles without being accused of serving mammon. How best to do this? Ummm, something about abortion. Viola, a bus stop full of chump change and everyone said HUZZAH!

evilchildlessbitch

Instead of stupid memorials and stalking women for city blocks, they should get OB/GYNs to set up a table on public property with a sign that says "I will provide all your prenatal care for free." Their crisis pregnancy centers should set up a table that says "I will pay for the hospital expenses." Other tables that would be helpful are a "I will buy all your diapers for two years" or "I will buy all your formula for two years." All of these people would have shelled out a couple hundred bucks . . .

Therein lies the rub: to make an effective change and to really help, they're going to have to spend their money. They are not willing to do this, because it's just easier for them to tell other people what to do and how to do it; and, oh btw, they also can't be "inconvenienced" or "burdened" by having to spend their own dough OR adopt hard-to-place kids.

Funny, isn't it, how so many of their very own excuses for not going all in sound remarkably similar to reasons for aborting. Many of them sound as if they're living very comfortable lives and none of them seem to want to upset their carefully loaded apple carts. Why, you could almost call them "selfish."
Cambion
How's about taking all that money and using it to help poor women be on birth control for free, or for sex ed classes?

It's Mississippi. I remember there being a shitstorm because my teacher showed pictures of a penis with genital warts during sex ed. They wanted sex ed to be about abstinence only and in some places (especially in the northern areas such as this) they have succeeded. They even got pissed when a group tried passing out condoms in Jackson. Even though the "Personhood" amendment was voted against, the "governor" went right around and had done everything he could to shut down the only abortion clinic in the state as soon as the vote was in. They are doing everything they can here to remain last in education, first in teen pregnancies, and first in the number of welfare recipients. Thankfully I live on the coast where it's a bit more liberal, but the place where this took place....you wouldn't catch me there.
I was all ready to say that this can't be real and just HAS to by a hoax or urban legend, but apparently it's real:

http://www.mbcb.org/missing.aspx
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login