Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

11-year-old bullied for his MLP bookbag attempts suicide

Posted by brown-eyed diamond 
Re: 11-year-old bullied for his MLP bookbag attempts suicide
April 20, 2014
I also agree with the above 3 posts.

As soon as bullies find someone to single out they will find something no matter what you do. As someone who was bullied, I know this all too well. At 11, you don't understand enough about the world to have a "thick skin" and let it wash over you. My "zero fucks to give" attitude towards bullies and bitches didn't develop until much later. I was bullied in my last contract by two vile nasty women, but I just put it down to the fact that they were pathetic and had nothing better to do or think about than what someone else wore or ate or said. How very dull. But I'm in my thirties, and I doubt I'd have coped with that shit in my early twenties even, let alone as a child.
April 20, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
I watched the documentary Bully a few weeks ago and the real solution is to stop calling it "bullying." It's a sugar-coated general term for sexual/verbal harassment, assault, battery, and a hostile environment. This one kid was literally being stabbed with pencils, choked, punched, and receiving death and rape threats. Arrest the kids doing this shit, charge and convict them, and do not seal their juvenile records when they reach the age of majority. Just like they would if they were doing this as adults.

Another girl got so tired of the bullying she dealt with on the bus, that she took her mother's gun just to put some fear into her tormentors. She then gets arrested and charged with 90+ felonies just because she took an extreme way of fighting back (and you know that the people who have responsibility like the bus driver and school officials didn't do jack shit when she told them what was going on). Luckily, all charges were dropped.

What drives me nuts is that the parents of the bullies, if their little rotten assholes they call their children actually meet some consequences, will moo and low about their child's "right to education," completely ignoring the fact that the victims also have that right as well as the right to a non-hostile environment. And it's not like it only happens at school. Thanks to technology and kids allowing to have social media accounts, these kids get it at home as well. Quite frankly, if a household has children under 18, their Internet should automatically have a net nanny on there that bans social media. No kids or breeders need to be on Facebook (and the Megan Meier case also proves that breeders can't be trusted with the Internet).

It's already been proven time and again that the victims of bullying deal with mental and emotional issues for decades while the bullies develop some sort of amnesia that allows them to forget what they did. It's time for some actual fucking consequences. Maybe when the breeders of bullies have to shell out money for lawyers and get to be the breeders of convicted criminals and when the bullies themselves now have a record of violent behavior and felony convictions follow them around for the rest of their lives, we'll see some actual change.

Oh, and quit hiring passive assholes in school faculty and administration. The assistant principal in the documentary was full of victim-blaming, non-action, excuses, and double-speak that would make George Orwell proud.

Agreed completely. Also, I have to watch this documentary. Sounds interesting.

And the thing is, this is a behaviour that CAN be stopped. Kids are kids, and they know they have less power than adults. If the adults around them show 0 tolerance for "bullies", they will stop eventually. Of course the younger you do it, the easier it is. Stopping 10, 11 years old from bullying is far easier than stopping 16 years old.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
April 21, 2014
cassia
I also agree with the last two posts.

Most people get too focused on what the bullies are targeting specifically this time.
The target is almost always irrelevant.

The issue is that certain people are being allowed to be horrid to another person and are being allowed to have power and control over others.

The item/person/ subject/issue can be sparkly, dull, purple, pink, or blue, popular, out-of-date, unusual, typical, slightly wider, narrower, taller or smaller and the bully will pounce.

Change that target and the bully will continue on another excuse, until repeatedly stopped by punishment.

I agree too. Once you're targeted, that is pretty much it, it will not stop. No matter what changes you make, they'll still find something new. Fighting back doesn't always work, especially with groups or if the bullies are the school gods, aka the jocks are cheerleaders. Take one on and you've got a whole bunch of people pounding you or worse yet, if you dare stand up to the school gods, others will shun you as well because you dared challenge the gods.

Another problem I had was some of my bullies were girls. Back when I was in school, nobody wanted to acknowledge girl bullies for some reason so even if it was reported, nothing was done because nobody thought girls could bully.

Nobody did anything about the bullying I had to deal with and when I did something myself, I was in the wrong. With bullies, you just can't win.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login