Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My geriatric mother won't raise teh babbiez sad smiley

Posted by unicorn 
My geriatric mother won't raise teh babbiez sad smiley
April 17, 2014
http://mobile.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19849836/My_mom_is_refusing_to_help_my_sister_because_shes_pregnant_again

Stupid Cafemoo Twat
My sister is a single mom working two fast food jobs to support her two kids. She makes too little to pay for much, but too much to qualify for subsidized daycare or anything else. Because of this, my mom watches her kids while she works, which she openly complains about because she's 70 and watching a 6 and 3 year old 10+ hours a day, almost every day.

My sister just told her she's pregnant. My mom told her not to bother bringing the baby or any of the kids back for "free babysitting because you're too irresponsible to do anything right". She have my sister until next Friday to find care.

I live across the country with my husband or I would help in a heartbeat. She couldn't stop crying when she called me last night. She was hurt my mom reacted to her pregnancy like that, and she's scared to death about what to do with her babies. I tried to call my mom but she snapped "stay out of it" at me. sad smiley

Good on grandma for growing a spine, I hope she sticks to her guns.

Roy: Linda just had a baby? Wow, well you'd never know.
Moss: Ugggggggggh.
Roy: What?
Moss: Too much information!
Jen: What, that she had a baby?
Moss: Ugggggggggggggggggggh! Come on!
Jen: Moss, it's a natural part of life.
Moss: It's not a natural part of my life. And I aim to keep it that way.
Re: My geriatric mother won't raise teh babbiez sad smiley
April 17, 2014
Isn't it amazing how women get pregnant out of nowhere? I mean, look at that story! She just called her mother majikally pregnant. Isn't life just amazing?

Dear lady, unless you have been raped, you should have been on birth control. And in both case, you already have two kids you can't effort. Abortion, asap.

And good to see they are roasting her in the comments grinning smiley

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
April 17, 2014
The mother is 70?

How old is the pez-kid dispensing cow?

64 at the birth of the first burden (6yo kid), it sounds like she was a late birther with the irresponsible daughter. Or the daughter is up there in age, which makes it worse because she should damn well know better.

Either way, good on Grandma. It might be fun to watch one (if she wanted grandkids), but two, and now three? Nuh uh.
April 17, 2014
I'm sick of these implied immaculate conceptions too! Can't she sue some of these baby-daddies for support? You know there's got to be more than one, likely three. And getting prego when you already have two kids you can't support is supposed to be a celebration? Bringing another human into the world with a "Welcome, you're hopeless, sorry about your luck." really does suck!

How have we gotten to a point to where we believe that getting pregnant is always a cause for celebration? If this woman doesn't have an abortion, or give this one up for adoption, she's beyond ignorant. And to act like it is a 70 year old woman's responsibility to care for as many kyds as this irresponsible breeder wants to bring into the world is immoral.
April 17, 2014

How old is the pez-kid dispensing cow?

I read in the comments that the pez-kid dispenser is 36. Damn, I understood the use of birth control in college, she is way behind on the IQ scale.
April 17, 2014
Apparently the first two are from the same father who has never been involved in the kids lives (so why the fuck did she have a second with him?) who has skipped country so they can't contact him. And the third is from an on again, off again fuck buddy. Awesome life choices there.

Roy: Linda just had a baby? Wow, well you'd never know.
Moss: Ugggggggggh.
Roy: What?
Moss: Too much information!
Jen: What, that she had a baby?
Moss: Ugggggggggggggggggggh! Come on!
Jen: Moss, it's a natural part of life.
Moss: It's not a natural part of my life. And I aim to keep it that way.
April 17, 2014
crazy old crone
I'm sick of these implied immaculate conceptions too! Can't she sue some of these baby-daddies for support? You know there's got to be more than one, likely three. And getting prego when you already have two kids you can't support is supposed to be a celebration? Bringing another human into the world with a "Welcome, you're hopeless, sorry about your luck." really does suck!

How have we gotten to a point to where we believe that getting pregnant is always a cause for celebration? If this woman doesn't have an abortion, or give this one up for adoption, she's beyond ignorant. And to act like it is a 70 year old woman's responsibility to care for as many kyds as this irresponsible breeder wants to bring into the world is immoral.

When I worked in the welfare office, we did actually go after the fathers of these kids for support. In most cases, they were unemployed, in jail, some were deceased due to criminal or drug activity, or working for low wages. We once had a case in which a mother was awarded $50/month and another $35/month for child support, because it is based on the father's income. Even though this was in the early 90s, even then, that wasn't much money. I also some that were $10/week and they were in arrears. Going after child support is politically popular, but it doesn't usually make much of a difference.

It's like George Carlin said, it's all about the fetus, once it's here, it's on its own.
April 17, 2014
She's 36 and she doesn't know better???!!! And we're the irresponsible immature ones...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
April 17, 2014
JohnDrake
crazy old crone

When I worked in the welfare office, we did actually go after the fathers of these kids for support. In most cases, they were unemployed, in jail, some were deceased due to criminal or drug activity, or working for low wages. We once had a case in which a mother was awarded $50/month and another $35/month for child support, because it is based on the father's income. Even though this was in the early 90s, even then, that wasn't much money. I also some that were $10/week and they were in arrears. Going after child support is politically popular, but it doesn't usually make much of a difference.

It's like George Carlin said, it's all about the fetus, once it's here, it's on its own.

Women need to stop picking bad men to fuck. :sx Stop having sex with losers already! It's better to be single than in a crappy relationship. It's better than nothing does not apply to relationships.
April 17, 2014
With two kids by 36 she should be thinking "Yeah, I'm old enough to be done", regardless of economic/employment status. She should have already made arrangements for permanent birth control. And failing that, she should not be carrying this current mistake to term. She can't afford the baby, her mom is through with being the child-care mule train, and (it sounds like) the sperm donor is not in the picture. 500 dollars to terminate is WAY cheaper than 250K + stress and heartache of raising it. No sympathy for the pregnant one. Totally preventable, and still totally fixable via abortion.
April 17, 2014
What, did stupid cow slipon a banana peel and fall on a dick.... I hate when that happens.

When you are in a casual fuckbuddy situation, birth control is an absolute must. When you are working two minimum wage jobs to take care of the brats you have, birth control is an absolute must.

Good on poor old mom for telling her to piss off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 17, 2014
Well if she can't afford daycare for her little shits, then of course she can't afford birth control, but being a single mother, she certainly won't pass up the opportunity to fuck someone either. After all, those chances become few and far between once you've bred. But gosh golly gee, how ever did she just wind up pregnant? I thought Gawd doesn't give you more than you can handle, and it's obvious she can't even take care of her current bastards. Shucks. smile rolling left righteyes2

Good on the grandmother. She's already raised her children, one of whom turned out to be a waste of space. She doesn't need to be loaf-sitting a first-grader, a toadler and eventually an infant. Maybe Moo ought to go talk to the most recent baybee-daddy and see if he'd be willing to watch his progeny, assuming he's not in prison already. I hope Granny doesn't waver on her decision either. She has zero obligation to deal with her grandshits, even if their mother is stupid and irresponsible.

I bet Moo will go ahead and have the loaf without the means to care for it, and I would not be surprised if she just leaves the kids home alone while she works. The six-year-old might be seven by the time she sluices number three, so Moo might just make the oldest kid mind the younger two. Hell, my oldest cousin was expected to babysit his sister when he was only five (and she was three). But Moo will be sure to coach the kids to not tell anyone they're being left alone at home all day long. Then if it's discovered that the kids are all by themselves for hours at a time and CPS steps in, the Moo and her sister will be sure to blame Granny. "See Mom, if you just babysat for Sissy, she wouldn't have had to leave them alone and she wouldn't be fighting CPS to get them back. It's your fault. I hope you're happy that you destroyed her family."
April 18, 2014
So we had that other thread about how there were all these wannabe grandparents whose selfish children won't breed on demand. The answer, surely, would be to match them up with irresponsible breeders who can't take care of their brats -free baybee sitting for them and grandloaves for the grandparent wannabes. Win!
Thank GOD that so many of those CafeMoo people are telling the sis that they agree with the grandma! As much as I love to snark/hate on CafeMoo, I have to admit that sometimes, in that rare moment, they do come through and surprise me.

That being said, and I've said this to anyone who's ever had a conversation with me about sexuality, I don't care if you want to fuck everything with a pulse. I don't care if your sole ambition in life is to travel the world on your penis/vagina. Fuck your goddamn brains out, if you want! Your life, your choices, and I will never judge a human being just for having a more active sex life than me. HOWEVER, if you're going to make that choice, then YOU bear responsibility for the consequences that happen if you don't take steps to protect yourself. Wanna fuck the entire school basketball team? Use a condom! Wanna fuck every cheerleader in the state? Use a condom! Wanna be in a monogamous relationship but not ready to take the step of getting married yet? USE A FUCKING CONDOM!!!!

But, of course, I can't expect people to take responsibility for themselves. That's apparently too complex an idea for a Moo/Duh....
April 18, 2014
The troubling part is that a 70–year-old was watching two tots for so many hours per day.

My parents both died in their 60s. I have sincere doubts I'll see 70 myself because of issues hitting me now at age 50. Moo should have thanked her lucky stars she got the child care she did from her mother, instead of copping an attitude about her mother deciding enough was enough. By a simple twist of fate her mother might have been gone too.

But we've seen this entitlement mentality from breeders before. Some even think grandma should somehow be thankful to be able to spend so much (unpaid, of course) time with the grandsprogs. My brother's ex pulled that shit as our mother watched their daughter for over 50 hours a week. (Fortunately, he paid Mom for the care—but the ex certainly didn't want to.)
April 18, 2014
I wish people would just grasp a few simple concepts:

Nobody owes anybody kids. Just because a spouse, parents, random creepy people, society as whole think they get a vote, they dont. None are owed kids.

Nobody is owed child care. She needs to stop bitching and moaning about all the responsible people who will no longer pick up her slack. The only person who owes her child care is the man who knocked her up. There would be far, far fewer single moos if the duhs were ever held legally and physically responsible for all these kids they breed.

Nobody has a "right to be born."
April 19, 2014
kman
The troubling part is that a 70–year-old was watching two tots for so many hours per day.

My parents both died in their 60s. I have sincere doubts I'll see 70 myself because of issues hitting me now at age 50. Moo should have thanked her lucky stars she got the child care she did from her mother, instead of copping an attitude about her mother deciding enough was enough. By a simple twist of fate her mother might have been gone too.

But we've seen this entitlement mentality from breeders before. Some even think grandma should somehow be thankful to be able to spend so much (unpaid, of course) time with the grandsprogs. My brother's ex pulled that shit as our mother watched their daughter for over 50 hours a week. (Fortunately, he paid Mom for the care—but the ex certainly didn't want to.)

Your comment bothers me. I am just 46 years old. I have issues hitting me that hit me in almost as advanced a form as my mother had when she DIED at age 77. I have had a stroke that caused a brain bleed in November. I still have some wild vertigo and have a habit of falling down. I have a plethora of other fun gems.

I'm the result of an affair outside of marriage, but before the age of birth control and abortion.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 19, 2014
what part of the comment is bothersome?
we all have legacies from our parents, some good, some bad.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
April 20, 2014
I read in the comments that the pez-kid dispenser is 36. Damn, I understood the use of birth control in college, she is way behind on the IQ scale.

I gather then she had her first at age 29 or 30. I wonder if she was one of those people throughout her 20s who was "career student" or spent her time in some useless activity like full-time "backpacking". Y'know, it was fine until she ran out of people to finance her idleness. Then she started trying to "land" a guy to support her by getting knocked up, but that didn't work out for her, so she had to sign up at Burger King and McDonalds. By age 36 I had developed enough work and life skills I certainly did not and don't have to resort to working two full time minimum wage jobs to make ends meet, regardless of child status. I'm not trying to insult anyone here that might be working a minimum wage job. I just have trouble wrapping my mind around the thought of someone struggling so hard financially who was not a teenage moo that usually fits that poor stereotype.

Anyway. I'm glad the grandmother finally stood up to the breeder. Zero sympathy for any person who gets pregnant with a third and won't abort when she could not afford the first sprog.
It is true that it's often more trouble than it's worth for the govt to go after deadbeat duhs but the threat of being on the hook for child support is the only thing keeping at least some men wrapping it up. I know this from years of personal observation in male dominated industries.
April 20, 2014
twocents

It isn't the comment itself or that you made it, both are fine.

It scares me in that I may not be long for this world or Bratfree. The likelyhood of me seeing retirement age is like me seeing lottery winnings. The end of the next decade will be the challange.

I rarely speak of this, as this would horrify my late sister's children. I am the last of that line, other than those two. This family, from that line, has been almost exclusively childfree. (I'm adopted, but my mind is of the line.) Their father's line of the family, I know little about although he does has a brother and a few nieces and nephiews about. I've an aunt and two cousins, but have no idea what happened to them as we lost touch, and no touch, no line.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 20, 2014
craftyzits
twocents

It isn't the comment itself or that you made it, both are fine.

It scares me in that I may not be long for this world or Bratfree. The likelyhood of me seeing retirement age is like me seeing lottery winnings. The end of the next decade will be the challange.

I rarely speak of this, as this would horrify my late sister's children. I am the last of that line, other than those two. This family, from that line, has been almost exclusively childfree. (I'm adopted, but my mind is of the line.) Their father's line of the family, I know little about although he does has a brother and a few nieces and nephiews about. I've an aunt and two cousins, but have no idea what happened to them as we lost touch, and no touch, no line.

I'm sorry to hear that your health is so perilous.

As far as the line? ***pffft** Take it from someone who is an obsessive genealogist (I've been bouncing back and forth between this page and ancestry.com), lines die out all the time. And even in the lines that are fertile and continue (as several of mine have and will, if I go by the number of kids my siblings and their kids produced), in a few generations, you are forgotten. I know that I will be. I'm close to my two sisters, I've sort of seen a couple of their kids grow from babies to adults, but I will be known as "Aunt Dorisan; she moved to North Carolina. Guess she died there, too. I remember going to see her when she came to visit my mom (in Missouri)." And that's probably it, for me. My sisters, who are bearing the children that will at least go on for a couple more generations? They'll become Grandma Kackie and Grandma Shan, or Aunt Kackie and Aunt Shan to their kids who are cousins to one another (those are nicknames lisped by the grandkids, btw). They'll be names in the tree that I hope to see preserved, but they won't be known as whole people. Not after a couple of generations pass.

One BIG reason why I don't worry about lines moving forward is because people so rarely know about their past. In my research, I've discovered notable - famous - people in my family tree. Did anyone in this generation know about them? Nooo. And if you one doesn't give their past history any value, why worry about going forward?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login