Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Existential Angst Post

Posted by loavesstillsuck 
Existential Angst Post
April 17, 2014
Confluence of things: Some stupid show on NPR from some breeder twat at some university doing some stupid ass study about how middle class kids are raised vs. "working class" kids; waste of time; but at the end everybody was all "The goverment needs to hand out a STIPEND to parents so that their kids can have equal opportunities." Sad stats about how 40% or more of US kids are at the poverty level or worse; of course, no discussion about abortion or birth control, just that the solution is more gubment hand-outs like with the oldsters and Social Security.

Fast forward: getting my hair cut and everybody there from the stylists to the customers (mostly duhds) are multiple breeders; the woman doing my hair proudly displayed pics of three kids of hers and then went on the WHOLE fucking time she was cutting my hair about how glad she was to get the kids to spend part of Easter weekend with their duhd so she could have some "off" time.

You know what?

Kids are fucked.

Future kids are fucked.

SO many "single moos" and disinterested duhds. Or just really STUPID duhds.

I just fucking don't get it. The sacrifices our moms made trying to get the word out about how important birth control was and abortion was, all swept under the fucking rug; it's like none of it ever happened and everybody is just fucking standing around going, "How did that baby get here?"

And FORTY FUCKING PERCENT OF US KIDS ARE POOR; what the fuck can they possibly do, education-wise, life-wise, etc?

Major existential angst for me today. I have spent almost three decades in a counselling/advocacy type role and you just see how useless the time you've spent trying to make the world a better place is; not that I ever thought I was anything special, I just fucking worked with tens of thousands of (mostly) women trying to educate them about truly being empowered, educated, enlightened, etc; so if they did choose to have kids, those kids would have the best possible potentials for some type of future.

What a fucking waste of time it's all been.

I feel like some wonderful person who joined the military and wanted to genuinely protect loved ones or disadvantaged folks overseas, whose innocence, time, energy, money and life force got fucking hijacked by a system SOOOOO stacked against them, it was never going to work.

Only, without the pension, healthcare, etc. Oh well. Sucks to be me, heh! smiling smiley

I won't even get into the death threats, attempts on my life, whistleblowing work, etc. That's where the REALLY fun stuff starts.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant.
Re: Existential Angst Post
April 17, 2014
I have Existential Angst, too. I am disgusted by just about *everything*.

I feel like I better keep my yap shut though - because people would think / say - oh boo hoo for the Poor Hipster Yuppy sitting in her half M house fretting over her 40K Benz. (Car is sick, is in the hospital. They have not called - I am very worried ~ )

Yeah and said car - has it's own specialized Engineers that travel the US to consult on the serious cases.

Yeah, a car gets better care than many people.

So ~

SHUT UP YUPPY!

The thing is though - I work (ed) for all this. And you think I paid full price for these (or any other) things? Pfffft. NO. I got a really cheap deal on the house, the sort that goes down in the legalese (for appraisal purposes) as "NOT an Arm's Length deal". Yeah, they put that right on the paperwork and on other reports, various public record publishers. Yes, it is legal. And - this place is falling apart. Has some serious issues. There are times when I feel sure it IS an arm's length deal - of the sort where I got fisted up the ass on this.

No, not really - that's why I got it so cheap. Because - issues. Biz partner sold it to me, and I trust him. I lived here 'for free' while I was deciding. The property tax is a JOKE also. But I knew full well what I was in for, and *I chose* to go ahead.

And of course I bought my car used! I always buy used cars. I know what depreciation is. Uh, DUH (I do have a biz degree but that's not necessary for simple common sense), And I'm cheap.

This is part of 'working' for things too - try to find the best deals. And not make more debt for yourself. I try to pay cash for *everything*.

People may think I'm some sort of an asshole. Not even close! I have always worked and saved! I got some 'clearance bin' Lavender soap the other day - Yardley Lavender soap - two bars for 62 cents!!! I felt like I had struck gold!

But, I don't like it. I like liquid bath soap (and you KNOW it will be the Suave $1 stuff when it's on sale), and I just don't like the smell of it really. I don't like bar soap, period, I shouldn't have bought it.

Throw it away? I would feel guilty. The unopened one I will give to some friend, someone will want it. The other? I was even contemplating what other use I might have for it - scrub the floor? Uh, probably not.

Epiphany! - It can go in the basement, one often needs to wash up there - and - it's Flood / Sump Pump Season! That's my "Great Escape" (name of a local pool / outdoor crap store) - no, there is no pool or hot tub or back yard bbqs for me - more like - bailing out the basement ~

OK, that's what I'll do with it then.

Yeah - I'm worried about wasting 31 cents. smile rolling left righteyes2

I hate to waste though, forget money, I just hate to waste. There is no need for it. Use your brains. There are microbeads of plastics in the Great Lakes now. I'm drinking that.

I do care too, and I put it into practice.

I have never done such work as you, Loaves, and I commend you for it! I figured out young that I was NOT that much of a people person, and frankly I think many of these peoples' issues are of their own making. No, I'm not a hardass, - I'm very liberal, vote Democrat, don't have a problem paying taxes. I'm paying 11K in property tax on this junk heap - I'm almost afraid to say so, for fear that someone here my call the people with the butterfly nets to cart me off to the nut house ~

And I would gladly give more to people who genuinely need help.

People just don't *think* or *plan*. Forget welfare - Average Suburban Breeders - they over spend, they have to have the brand new top of the line gas guzzling SMooV, McMansion, or any over price home so long as it's in the "Good School District", and you know what? Let's go ahead and ignore that, too -

How about all else they *flat out* waste on? Instead of cooking they eat much fast food. The concept of time management seems to baffle them. Say you'd need to shop, pick the kids up at school, and take one to a sport practice. For them? These are all separate trips - that could've been combined.

Look at the Famblee Trucksters you see driving around. More often than not I see ONE person in that gas guzzler!

And I overhear things in stores, see things online, what I know of my own Breeder Relatives. Yeah. Alot of them ARE like this!

And they got plenty of money to live just fine, too. I will guess that at least 15% of these peoples' incomes goes to waste. If not more.

Again, I'm speaking of the Typical Suburban People here. Not 'welfare' users. I am not familiar with them and I do not have a problem with welfare. For those who truly need it.

Fraud and excess? Sure. NO ONE wants to see fraud and waste, of course! Lib or Conservative.

You can combine the two as well - Conservatives rail on about Welfare Queens, promote Boot Strapping and etc. - which I would agree with, and did for myself, too - but what about these people who are bilking the system and they are not really "welfare queens" - they are Joe and Jane Suburbia - who voluntarily remain unmarried to collect various bennies? And *both* often have fairly good jobs, too.

I see and hear plenty about this, too. I know people who work with these types - they talk about it, make no bones about it.

This is how they are able to boost themselves up into "Yuppy" range, while I did it by working hard and pinching pennies! angry smiley

And these are also the types (IMO) who point the fingers of jealous rage at the successful CF and rage at US that things are unfair!

And I'm sitting here worrying about wasting a 31 cent soap I don't like ~

smile rolling left righteyes2

There is no getting through to Morons though; Or the people who exploit them.

I just 'did my own thing'. Be the change, as they say. Looks like plenty have done sim, too. The CF anyway, and any person with half a brain. I will leave the Social Work and Social Commentary to those who are the experts in that, I'm not.

I have problems too you know! Breeders think they're the only ones 'hard done by'. We all got issues. Das Benz is sick. And it might be serious.

Does anyone care? NO.
April 17, 2014
http://www.henrilechatnoir.com/

Zzelda
People may think I'm some sort of an asshole. Not even close! I have always worked and saved! I got some 'clearance bin' Lavender soap the other day - Yardley Lavender soap - two bars for 62 cents!!! I felt like I had struck gold!

But, I don't like it. I like liquid bath soap (and you KNOW it will be the Suave $1 stuff when it's on sale), and I just don't like the smell of it really. I don't like bar soap, period, I shouldn't have bought it.

Just a heads-up, do you have "Dollar Tree" stores near you? If so, they're *great* for personal products like shampoo, liquid bath soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste. (I got a two-pack of toothbrushes there for a buck, and the toothbrushes were better than what you get retail, although not a name brand.) I get all my personal products (except deodorant) there. Everything is $1.00 - and they're not "sample" sizes, they're real, normal-sized products. If you haunt the place you can score on name-brand stuff for a buck each. I'll never buy personal-care products anywhere else, now that I've found that chain.
April 18, 2014
Zzelda, Don't EVER apologize for your pain or your problems. I find that that breeder tendency to go, "But MY difficulties are SO much worse than yours because I HAVE KIDS" so annoying; try not to internalize that dialogue! (And I hope your car gets better! smiling smiley )

When I was caregiving for my mom unexpectedly last year I had a "friend" suddenly lecture me about how my exhaustion, depression, and illness throughout that experience and afterwards meant I was an entitled little shit because.....SHE knew a woman who had been caregiving for a cancer-ridden husband for years...while of COURSE also raising a couple of kids.

Funny thing was, it's not like she was volunteering to HELP this woman; she was just using her situation as an excuse to berate and abuse me at the worst possible time in my life.

Breeders; fuck em all up the ass with one of those nice Joan Crawford wire hangers! smiling smiley
April 18, 2014
LOOVE the vid, Thom! I didn't realize there was a new Henri video out; thanks so much for sharing it! smiling smiley
April 18, 2014
loavesstillsuck
Breeders; fuck em all up the ass with one of those nice Joan Crawford wire hangers! smiling smiley

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

Can I use this? It sums up my feeling about breeders! :yeah

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
April 18, 2014
I feel your frustration, loavesstillsuck. I don't know what's wrong with humanity, or maybe it's just that there are so many more of us on this rock than ever before, but there seems to be this creeping devaluation of life, more pointless hatred and a fascination with violence that makes me unhappy. I see my adult peers falling into the same Lifescript traps that their parents were in, but their generation doesn't have the same safety nets (company pensions, more affordable cost of living and education) and they are more than happy to screw themselves over financially and wreck themselves emotionally and mentally to chase the unsustainable American Dream fantasy.

I saw a newspaper ad the other day for some charitable organization that was soliciting donations to "help prevent child abuse". How is throwing money at the problem going to help anything? In fact, as far as I can tell, incentivizing breeding through handouts is doing the exact opposite. Forty percent of kids living in poverty is ridiculous, but bleeding hearts will want us to believe that we just need to open our wallets and provide more funds to The Village.

I think collectively we've known that things are not getting better, they are getting worse, for a few decades now. Yet people just keep making the same choices, become enslaved to their famblees and to debt...why would anything change? As much lip service as we give to bullying and "Just Saying No" to peer pressure, I sure don't see that happening among adults of my generation. There is plenty of bullying to go around if you don't conform to the 'Script, and the peer pressure gets especially bad once you hit your 30s. God forbid you be a 30-something in this era and not have the trappings of Lifescript success, lest your peers and the media never let you forget what a failure you are.

Sorry, I get a little existential about this stuff too!
April 18, 2014
loavesstillsuck
Zzelda, Don't EVER apologize for your pain or your problems. I find that that breeder tendency to go, "But MY difficulties are SO much worse than yours because I HAVE KIDS" so annoying; try not to internalize that dialogue! (And I hope your car gets better! smiling smiley )

Thank you for the kind words L, glad to hear it. Esp. because I was gonna gripe some more ~

grinning smiley

No, not really. I just have a bit of a tummy ache. Some low grade bug I've had for about two weeks now. I wonder where I picked *this* up? smile rolling left righteyes2

I find myself observing peoples' cleanliness - this too may be something that's 'falling away' in people. It seems to be.

I was thinking about this topic and an idea I came up with is - people seem to be operating more off emotion. And in many ways, our Overlords encourage this. There is a marked decline in critical thinking.

I think many problems in society may stem from this. For any people. Think about it. I was reading earlier on Jezebel (yeah, I know) some essay about 'Mommy Wars', which they drag the CF into as well as everybody else, some quality eyerolling right there. I'd put a link but a) my net is goofy b) all of Gawker's sites are now FUBAR. The interested can go look if they want.

Point being - I'm reading this, and the comments, most of which boiled down to - Mom's need better choices. Daycare! Why don't WE have like this Other Place has - Moo, Low, Moo, Low.

And all I was thinking is - this is not a 'choice' problem - it's an economic issue. Many various economic variables are skewed. Look at it this way - there are also tons of homeless, unemployed, (US) min wage is too low, cost of living is too high, it's an across the board issue. They're conflating things here.

And something else came to me, when these types - many do strike me as the Suburban Middle Class types - OK when they go on about their 'careers' and should they leave, not leave, blah blah blah -

I think I picked out where they're making a mistake in this area - and it's simple numbers. In ANY field - there are a whole lotta grunts, a few better positions, and the tip top positions, or even something halfway decent - these are FEW.

The Car. Eek! She's on cars again, LOL - no, what I was going to say is - what's there? About a dozen mechanics, a few more experienced / Senior, and the 'bosses' who own the shop. Much grunts, few better positions.

*Everything is like this*. And emotion, again - I get the idea that these Cows get Whatever Degree (probably not practical to begin with) and then think that THEY are going to be the Grand Exalted Chair of Classical Lit'rature at Super Most Best Ever U. It does not occur to them that the majority of teachers are low paid Adjunct Professors, and / or - that's not going to be them.

And we KNOW they do this with their "Family Planning". You may as well call it Kodak Moment Planning because *that* is what they fully expect *to get*.

Emotion based reasoning. I don't mean to point at women, either - everybody seems to be geared this way now. Absolutely, men too.

Now. Did you really think you were going to get off with *no* car story? grinning smiley I only mention the following because it struck me as weird ~

So a mechanic calls me up this morning, not the owner's son who usually handles me, it's a Holiday, I'm pretty sure I've spoken to this guy before though. So he's yakking a mile a minute, it's the crack of dawn, I'm like - wha? What, you all smoking crack there? I didn't catch the first few things he said. Then, he slows down a bit, and says in kind of a suspicious tone -

I've been looking at your records and I notice that you're in here about once a year. Yep, it was right around this time last year.

So what I'm wondering is - where else have you been taking the car? Where are you getting oil changes, repairs, are you taking it to a dealer?

This was stated to me along the lines of a suspicious lover saying - who have you been seeing? It struck me as really weird.
Just the tone and phrasing the guy used. WTF?

Don't you think that's kind of strange? Then he goes back to Speed Speech and starts rambling on about oil this, fluids that, yak yak yak, I couldn't get a word in edgewise so I interrupt the guy - and said - wait - before you start wondering who may have done what - I DON'T take the car anywhere else - YOU GUYS have done all the work on it since I have had it. Why? Because I just don't drive the car that much - look at the mileage between then and now.

Oh. OK. Right. So then the issue might be - do you have this on a trickle charger? More blabbing -

So then we get to the point of what all he wants to maybe do, OK, hold on there, what money are we at here? OK, you're at 180 now, and you do need an oil change so that would be another 25 -

WAIT. STOP. NO. It will be MORE than that - the car takes synthetic oil. Lots of it.

Well, if you had that done last time it might not really need it and......

YOU GUYS DID THE LAST OIL CHANGE! Yes it *does* have to have synthetic oil.

Oh. Right. OK, I see here, yes it's probably going to to need the synthetic oil....

I know. I just *told you that*. AYE CARAMBA! :crz

You know, this does illustrate too what I'm talking about in general here - Emotion based thinking, lack of logic, lack of *taking the time to read a frigging file that's right in front of you*, paranoid insinuations that *someone else* has fucked things up / done YOU wrong at the same time -

Think about it.

Yeah, and I'm trying to have some integrity here - I *pointed out* that the guy was about to way undercharge me for an oil change. But, that was also *for me* too - I don't want you fucking up my car.

I have half a mind - when I go in there - I was going to bring a red Sharpie marker with me. And then I will hand it to the guy and say - take this and write across the front of my file: Customer is a Mechanical Engineer.

Maybe they'll do a little thinking first, eh? grinning smiley But - they know this too. I *know* I've spoken to the guy on the phone today, before, and in fact I remember *telling him this* - I always try to slip it into any car repair convo so people don't try to rip me off.

And these people don't. And seem fairly intelligent / do high tech cars. Anyone can get sloppy though, - hey - it's just like with people and medicine - you do need to self advocate! And why do we? That points to a slippage in professionalism in many arenas also.

Idiot.

Where have you been taking this car? Who ELSE have you been seeing?! What have you DONE?!

:crz :crz :crz
April 19, 2014
popcornculturejunkie
loavesstillsuck

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

Can I use this? It sums up my feeling about breeders! :yeah

FEEL FREE to use it! smiling smiley
April 19, 2014
Service folks of so many persuasions seem to be trying to get away with similar shit these days.

And of course, almost ALL of them are breeders claiming the "I didn't get any sleep last night/I had to drive my kids to soccer practice then Sunday school then Grandma's" or similar bullshit.

My honey just had a huge deadline in his business; throughout his career he has gone out of his way to be women-friendly and has hired lots of very nice (and mostly childfree) women. Unfortunately many of them went on to get other jobs recently so he was left with this one childed asshole female who kept changing her hours on him, even though she KNEW this huge deadline was going on; I tell you, these bints don't seem to even "KNOW" when their kids have doctor's appointments, soccer practice, etc; (not really; they ALL fucking know and just take advantage of nice guys like my honey).

Anyway, breeders on a scale of one to ten seem to operate at about a three level; three in terms of competence, focus, work attendence, respect, etc;. This one shit breeder woman was bitching about my guy not offering health insurance and keeping his people on as freelancers (which is the only thing that has allowed him to stay in business the past six years while most of his contemporaries went out of business).....even THOUGH her husband works at a huge architectural firm with GREAT health insurance and bennies, and she really only has to work when she "wants" to.....what a fucking piece of shit.

Anyway, breeders suck, and I'll bet those car guys you're dealing with have LOADS of kids and are used to taking advantage of people, especially non-childed seeming women, so FUCK THEM! (Not literally; they dont' deserve one moment of your energy/life force/money!) smiling smiley
April 19, 2014
Hey Loaves -

I was thinking about illnesses again, I'll try to spare you all - but - it did give me an idea for you, if you are fed up with your work: Public Health. Could you do something in this field? I really don't know much about all this. There might be something in this arena that could be more rewarding.

What I thought of - as I said - I think I picked up a bug, yet again smile rolling left righteyes2 So, what I'm thinking is - OK, remember "irradiated fruit"? OK - gross germ bag kids can be irradiated! Could this work? What about some kind of hand held - ray gun.

I NEED THIS.

It's funny too - I literally do not interact with kids or breeders. Where am I picking this stuff up from? Stores? It is transferred from others, maybe, third hand.

About appointments, and not keeping them - what I thought of when reading that - all these many gadgets now to supposedly keep track of all this. There's an app for the app that runs the app that tells you where your appointment book is smile rolling left righteyes2 With all the (IMO largely un necessary) crap that's out now - how funny is it that people can't keep their shit together? Pffft.

Huge Architectural Firms reminded me - I know an Architect who does 'government buildings' (as I understand, mostly schools and fire stations) - and he says they're swamped with work - I guess the government has created a few jobs, eh? In this area anyway, and I suspect plenty of others - the schools, and PDs, FDs, all look *pretty modern* and perfectly functional to me. I haven't noticed or heard about any new building of these around here. And I hope there is not much un necessary waste / make work / political cronyism, going on with this - ah - but who am I kidding? Well, The Economy is cranking right along in this arena, anyway. Moar Schools! Gah.

Just some thoughts.

Public Health. Children's Irradiation Chambers. Tellin Ya grinning smiley
April 19, 2014
Zzelda
Hey Loaves -

I was thinking about illnesses again, I'll try to spare you all - but - it did give me an idea for you, if you are fed up with your work: Public Health. Could you do something in this field? I really don't know much about all this. There might be something in this arena that could be more rewarding.

What I thought of - as I said - I think I picked up a bug, yet again smile rolling left righteyes2 So, what I'm thinking is - OK, remember "irradiated fruit"? OK - gross germ bag kids can be irradiated! Could this work? What about some kind of hand held - ray gun.

I NEED THIS.

It's funny too - I literally do not interact with kids or breeders. Where am I picking this stuff up from? Stores? It is transferred from others, maybe, third hand.

Oh, I have NO doubt that you're picking it up from breeder infested places! It's pretty much unavoidable, and since most kids are kept as prisoners inside for most of the winter and are only now being allowed outside, they are "free range" and highly contagious right now! smiling smiley Hope you feel better soon!

Zzelda
Huge Architectural Firms reminded me - I know an Architect who does 'government buildings' (as I understand, mostly schools and fire stations) - and he says they're swamped with work - I guess the government has created a few jobs, eh? In this area anyway, and I suspect plenty of others - the schools, and PDs, FDs, all look *pretty modern* and perfectly functional to me. I haven't noticed or heard about any new building of these around here. And I hope there is not much un necessary waste / make work / political cronyism, going on with this - ah - but who am I kidding? Well, The Economy is cranking right along in this arena, anyway. Moar Schools! Gah.

Just some thoughts.

Education and public work type projects kept my honey's business afloat the past few years; it's funny how even when there's officially 'no money" schools and public sector type places STILL manage to pony up some dough, although not much.
April 20, 2014
Yeah, there's always money for subsidized child care education. Illinois is slowly going broke, but the teachers all need to keep their pensions, a luxury that the private sector has all but eliminated.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 21, 2014
loavesstillsuck
Confluence of things: Some stupid show on NPR from some breeder twat at some university doing some stupid ass study about how middle class kids are raised vs. "working class" kids; waste of time; but at the end everybody was all "The goverment needs to hand out a STIPEND to parents so that their kids can have equal opportunities." Sad stats about how 40% or more of US kids are at the poverty level or worse; of course, no discussion about abortion or birth control, just that the solution is more gubment hand-outs like with the oldsters and Social Security.

Fast forward: getting my hair cut and everybody there from the stylists to the customers (mostly duhds) are multiple breeders; the woman doing my hair proudly displayed pics of three kids of hers and then went on the WHOLE fucking time she was cutting my hair about how glad she was to get the kids to spend part of Easter weekend with their duhd so she could have some "off" time.

You know what?

Kids are fucked.

Future kids are fucked.

SO many "single moos" and disinterested duhds. Or just really STUPID duhds.

I just fucking don't get it. The sacrifices our moms made trying to get the word out about how important birth control was and abortion was, all swept under the fucking rug; it's like none of it ever happened and everybody is just fucking standing around going, "How did that baby get here?"

And FORTY FUCKING PERCENT OF US KIDS ARE POOR; what the fuck can they possibly do, education-wise, life-wise, etc?

Major existential angst for me today. I have spent almost three decades in a counselling/advocacy type role and you just see how useless the time you've spent trying to make the world a better place is; not that I ever thought I was anything special, I just fucking worked with tens of thousands of (mostly) women trying to educate them about truly being empowered, educated, enlightened, etc; so if they did choose to have kids, those kids would have the best possible potentials for some type of future.

What a fucking waste of time it's all been.

I feel like some wonderful person who joined the military and wanted to genuinely protect loved ones or disadvantaged folks overseas, whose innocence, time, energy, money and life force got fucking hijacked by a system SOOOOO stacked against them, it was never going to work.

Only, without the pension, healthcare, etc. Oh well. Sucks to be me, heh! smiling smiley

I won't even get into the death threats, attempts on my life, whistleblowing work, etc. That's where the REALLY fun stuff starts.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant.

All my life my family was working class if not lower, and a few homeless spells dotted the way. However, if I had not gotten sick I would have climbed out of the muck because I had three PNB's behind me.

The family ate their meals together. No table, wouldn't fit in the apartment, so on laps. Yes, the television played the news, about which we would discuss over pundits.

Books were - everywhere - . They were thumbed through too.

Then there was my sister, and how she had her children. Education in the arts wasn't a chore, it was a family gathering time. Pens, musical instruments, don't know what all.

Her eldest knew just about every dinosaur known.

I thought my family was usual. Finding out it was NOT!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 22, 2014
Existential Angst PLUS cars! grinning smiley

Picked up car. Drove to gas station. On major rd here, goes to an x way and I saw on an Advertise Here! electronic billboard that 100K cars passed through that intersection daily.

Speed limit is 40, that means 50 +. And at Rush Hour? PACKED. And the antsy romping on it once they get the chance. Oh, and plenty of sharp curves.

Out I come from a side street, from the car shop, turn R onto this road, get up to speed, round a curve, FAMBLEE TRUCKSTER STOPPED in the right lane, two teens climbing into the vehicle.

THESE IDIOTS! have no idea how close they came to meeting Jesus!

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

Good thing for them I am an excellent driver. AND that the left lane was clear so I could swerve over.

The cars behind me? Well - let's hope they noticed too. Not to mention the Semis (is a truck route, goes to major xway) - which would have crushed these fuckheads FLAT.

I'd like to think that such near misses cause fools like this to gain some sense - but I'm not holding my breath.

Car repairs = $481. smile rolling left righteyes2 No, scratch that - it should be - smiling smiley Because for that I got - an oil change (which is not cheap for weird cars), they fixed the elec issues including two new head lights, and it was 're aligned'. I think this is a pretty good deal. And - I was thinking to myself when leaving / going to the gas station - yes, the steering IS much better now!

So, these people got lucky in that the car has good maneuverability from excellent mechanics, too. And a sharp driver.

Plenty of others - are ROTTEN drivers! Or - they could be the best - but a Semi can't maneuver nor stop like I can.

smile rolling left righteyes2

And I'll bet these idiots do the same damn thing tomorrow! There's a HS back in there - that's likely where the kids came from. Pick them up THERE then - not on a *fucking highway*!

FOR FUCKS SAKE! angry smiley

These assholes don't know HOWCLOSE they came to a hard core serious existential crisis - of the *cease to exist* kind.

Just for laughs I thought I'd Google this road, no need to get overly local, dangerous shit done by morons is dangerous shit anywhere, it's all the same - but I thought I would, just to see - so I punched into Google "Dangerous roads and First Avenue Chicago".
And up came 1.65M results.

:goggle

So, while I try to avoid being too local, because who cares? I will say - to any Local Lurking Breeders: DO NOT STOP ON MOTHER FUCKING FIRST AVENUE!!! WHAT IN THE FUCK IS WRONG? WITH YOU????

I thought I'd add that because I'm trying to convey how absolutely, idiotically, dangerous this was! Basically like one step below coming to a full stop on the Autobahn, or perhaps even the Indy 500.

JESUS H. CHRIST!

:crz

These idiots better thank their lucky stars it was me coming up behind them, and not some overloaded Semi.

:crz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login