Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why I never want to live near breeders

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Why I never want to live near breeders
April 18, 2014
My mother lives in a gated community type setup, I was just there for a couple of days, and most of the residents bar my mum and one other retired older lady are famblees with rugrats.

I took my dog with me. He's pretty placid, but he doesn't like being crowded by kids. I put him in my mum's yard, with the gate closed, to lie in the sun, and the next thing, the local brats had opened the gate, without permission, and were all jostling to pet him. These breeders clearly haven't taught their shitlings not to pet strange dogs without the owner's permission - no wonder these kids get bitten, and you bet it would be the dog's fault.

Later on, we brought my van up to the house to unload some stuff from the garden centre. We took a pile of stuff through to the back and put it in the shed and when I come out, some kids are using my van as a goal, playing football. I told them, stop doing that NOW, pretty sternly, and the duh comes over and tells me don't yell at my children. I said ok then, do you want to pay for the damage to my van if they continue? Surprise surprise, he calls the little twuntlings back to their own yard.

I sure hope when we move house next year we can try and vet the neighbours and make sure there aren't any free range brats around. It seems that breeders and their offspring thing that everything, and everyone else is there for their own amusement. Fuck that.
Re: Why I never want to live near breeders
April 18, 2014
I would have turned the garden hose on the little bastards. I also would've told duh to remove his bastards from my property before I called the police. I commend you, yet again, for the fact you're a far more civil human being than I am.
April 19, 2014
My mother says it's normal for the brats to just go in and out of everybody's yards. I said fine, if that's how it is but they have to understand they can't go unsupervised to pet a dog. These kyds are all aged between 3 and 8, that is NOT old enough to be unsupervised with an animal. So she says she will talk to the parunts about how the kids need to wait for an adult if they see the dog in the yard and want to pet him. I'm fine with it if they are supervised and I can see they aren't crowding him or upsetting him.

She told me I was intolerant when it comes to children, and I said ok, would you have let me kick a ball against someone's car, and she admitted no, she wouldn't, but she can't make enemies because they live in such close proximity.

I wish I could have turned the hose on the little fuckers and then on duh too.
April 19, 2014
I live on a street with a huge park at the end of it, and two schools less than two blocks away, and yet, there are no little kids on my street. Why? It is in the city limits: the houses are close together, the yards are small, and the taxes are high. Famblies don't want to live here! It's wonderful. I highly recommend the city for single people. You may pay more intaxes but it's totally worth it: No screeching, no splashing pools, no trampolines,etc.
April 19, 2014
yummynotmummy
She told me I was intolerant when it comes to children, and I said ok, would you have let me kick a ball against someone's car, and she admitted no, she wouldn't, but she can't make enemies because they live in such close proximity.

Yanno, one thing that is missing these days is the right kind of fear. Your mom is displaying the wrong kind: if I raise a fuss, there will be retribution, no matter that I'm in the right.

When I was a kid, it seemed like every neighborhood had a Mrs. Dubose

Boo may be the ghost of Scout's neighborhood, but Mrs. Dubose is the dragon. Scout introduces her as "plain hell":

Jem and I hated her. If she was on the porch when we passed, we would be raked by her wrathful gaze, subjected to ruthless interrogation regarding our behavior, and given a melancholy prediction on what we would amount to when we grew up, which was always nothing.

Like Jem and Scout in 'To Kill a Mockingbird,' we kids regarded our Mrs. Dubose with fear and gave her home a wide berth. It seemed like her mission in life was to keep watch out the window for any infractions for which she could launch herself from the front door and scream at us. Any balls that might land in her yard were considered lost, or only retrieved when Dad came home from work. If he was in a good mood, he might venture into the yard, apologize to Mrs. Dubose for our rowdiness, then return the ball to us and make sure she saw that we got popped on the top of the head with the flat of his hand.

Unfortunately, the Mrs Dubose characters of the world are gone, replaced by women who fear that kids - or even parents - will vocally or physically assault them for speaking up in defense of their property. That's a damn shame. It was the Mrs Dubose of our neighborhood who first taught us kids about respecting the property of others.
April 19, 2014
My neighborhood is actually full of kids.. but I rarely see them. It's a group of about 100 homes on a hillside. Yards are 1/4 to 1/2 acre though the homes are close together. Yet.. there is a certain respect for property around here and everyone seems to mind their kids. Amaizing. My dh wanted to move about a year ago because taxes are kind of high ( but not that bad as I have checked other places) and the house is just a bit too big for us. We looked at smaller communities (full of kindercrap and kids running around) we looked at townhouses (kids hanging around all over the place and moovans parked side by side all the way up the streets. So I told him that I was NOT going anywhere. Our neighborhood is about as close to perfect as you can get. Everyone is quiet and respectful and basically keep their homes looking tidy. Kids play ..on.. would you believe it... a community PLAYGROUND!! Which is no where near our house. For now I am just thankful for the peace and quiet and absense of the sight to kids... even though I know there are a bunch of them living here. So, see... it can be done. We can all live together if parents parent, dog owners are responsible and people just respect eachother. I am not moving unless this changes... and then... I'm on the first moving van outa here. Heh.. as a side note.. when you drive or walk around here.. everyone still says 'HI' to eachother. Rare neighborhood.. and we really lucked out 17 years ago when we stumbled on it.
April 19, 2014
So basically, these little shits trespass in everybody's yards?saying 'wtf' I guess the breeders love raising their free-range kyds there, "The Village". I could not. Kyds messing in my yard would get an earful. and bitten if dog is outside. Seriously, just as seniors have communities catering to them, breeders should build , start communities catering to their sprog. I advocate segregation by age/family status. We, hopefully, one day get our own CF communities, gated and locked rather than not.:litebulb
April 20, 2014
My mum loves kids so she doesn't mind that they come into her yard to play, and she's quite happy to do The Village thing, she minds them when their handlers go shopping or whatever. Which is fine, it's her business. Would be a cold day in hell before you'd find me watching my neighbours' spawn or letting them wander in and out of my yard - I have far better things to do with my time. Thankfully the spawn who do live near me don't do this shit and the parents seem like PNB, mostly. They keep themselves to themselves.

Funny you should mention the Mrs Dubose character Dorisan, we definitely had one when I was young. Our parents thought she was grumpy, sure, but she wasn't accused of being a chyyyld haaaater and nobody tried to persuade her she should allow us kids to trample her plants or frighten her cat because "kids will be kids". Actually, she was a nice lady, if you were a well behaved kid, but woe betide you if you crossed the line. And our folks respected the fact that she wasn't overly fond of children and told us to behave accordingly. She just wanted to live quietly with her cat. These days, she would be at the mercy of the kids and would get abuse from the breeders if she complained.
April 20, 2014
yummynotmummy
Funny you should mention the Mrs Dubose character Dorisan, we definitely had one when I was young. Our parents thought she was grumpy, sure, but she wasn't accused of being a chyyyld haaaater and nobody tried to persuade her she should allow us kids to trample her plants or frighten her cat because "kids will be kids". Actually, she was a nice lady, if you were a well behaved kid, but woe betide you if you crossed the line. And our folks respected the fact that she wasn't overly fond of children and told us to behave accordingly. She just wanted to live quietly with her cat. These days, she would be at the mercy of the kids and would get abuse from the breeders if she complained.

The Mrs Dubose in our neighborhood didn't like kids - at all, but the parents acknowledged it in a matter-of-fact way "leave the old lady alone. She doesn't like kids. If I catch you bothering her, you'll get popped." It wasn't a crime in those days to not like kids.

It would certainly put a crimp in the 'self-esteem' movement if twerps today realized that there were people who didn't like them, but the parents can't have that. We're all supposed to luv kids *puke*
April 22, 2014
gymrat
No screeching, no splashing pools, no trampolines,etc.

OMG, the trampolines!!! Breeders' brats behind us have been on that damn thing non-stop!!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
April 22, 2014

saying 'wtf'

I would never have gone into someone's yard when I was little, mainly because my parents raised me not to trespass.

There are more kids living by me than I am comfortable with, but they know to give me a wide berth. A few years ago I put the fear of God into a neighbor kid by screaming "Get the fuck away from my cat!" when she was teasing my cat through my screened in patio. The neighborhood loaves have apparently not forgotten this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login