Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Found a CF Coworker!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Found a CF Coworker!
April 19, 2014
I recently moved to Cheyenne for a job promotion. I've been struggling to get used to the culture, since it's VERY famblee oriented in my office, and people my age are always going on about their kyds. I met a woman who I clicked with immediately- she's probably ten years my senior, but we share so many hobbies and interests it's uncanny.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon: someone brings their babeeee to the office. I try to avoid it at every turn, but someone comes to my area and asks if I want to hold it. I've gotten to the point of many members on this board and just shook my head, giving the straight answer of 'I don't hold babies.'

As I'm getting ready to head home, the woman I connected with comes by and says "So, I heard a rumor that would make me like you even more if it's true." Word had gotten around the office within an hour of my distancing myself between babies, and how I wasn't fond of them, apparently. She went on to say whenever someone brought their kyd in, she made it her business to run the opposite direction. For the first time in real life, I asked someone if they were childfree.

"Hell yes I am," she looked incredulous that I knew the term. "Childfree by choice all the way." I think I finally made a new friend here, and I'm so excited it's a person who is established in the lifestyle I've really come to identify as my own. Sorry for the novel, just wanted to share my joy at finding a CFer in the midwest :drkbddy
Re: Found a CF Coworker!
April 19, 2014
That's great!! I found one this past year too.. but she is up in Nova Scotia and I haven't met her IRL yet.. but I will in June. We have so much in common and I asked her if she had kids when we were just begining to talk. She said "No way.. just me and my hubby and my cats here. Never had any need or desire to have kids"
She's about 3 years older than me. (we're both in our 60's) Isn't it nice to find that we are not that unique?
April 19, 2014
Sarz, that is awesome, and it really does help to have a childfree co-employee you are friendly with.
April 20, 2014
External validation isn't necessary, but it's so welcome. Glad you found a kindred spirit in person!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 22, 2014
I have one, too! She straight-up told another employee who had just had a bayybee that she would buy a small gift for it, but please don't ask her to hold it. smile rolling left rightsmile
April 22, 2014
That is awesome! I would love to have even *one* CF coworker at some point! (I've had a few fencesitters, but no CF)
April 23, 2014
I don't have any CF co-workers at my current job (some at the last job, and some fencesitters), or at least none who present that way, but half don't have kids and everyone knows how I feel about them so I'm comfortable. (It's one of the nice things about a male-dominated environment - even the childed men just don't care the way many childed women do about my feelings toward children.)

It is nice to have people in your regular environment who share some of your views, or who you can at least be yourself to some extent with.
April 23, 2014
I recently found out that the safety manager here at the mine is married child free. We previously were on friendly terms. We are the only two people out if 500 people site wide who are married and child free.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login