Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entitled parents drop children at relative's house unannounced. Damage ensues...:wtf

Posted by kman 
Surprised not to see this here before now (but maybe I missed it). The comments are gold.

http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/1wnrzs/entitled_parents_i_know_think_they_can_get_away/

I will try to make everything sound easy as much as I can, but I'm fuming right now and can't really think clearly and need to vent/rant.

Let me just say that my wife and I are really the "typical" stereotypes when it comes to being childfree. My wife and I both make incomes that are six figures, we own a 4 bedroom/3 (1/2) bathroom house, own 3 cars, and practically do and buy whatever we want. In our house we have our Master bedroom, our offices (one for the each of us), and our library which is being decorated with the likes of limited edition comic books, manga, textbooks, and fantasy stories of our liking. Also in our library are statues of our favorite comic book characters and other sculptures of the characters in which we love. We are both huge nerds, whether it be comics, anime/manga, video games, science, band, you name it, one of us fans over it. Since neither of us have or more specifically want kids, we have our 3 dogs. All of this is important for the situation that I am about to tell you.

So this morning, our place of work got closed due to the weather (hey, weekend starts early) so the wife and I decided to get some more sweet shut eye since we have been working so hard. Fast forward to about 9:47 am. My wife and I get woken up by the sound of something like glass breaking. Immediately my dogs take off running downstairs in order to investigate (they sleep in bed with us, or as I should say, I sleep in bed with them). My wife got out of bed and ran to the nearest phone in order to call 911. I get up and grab my baseball bat (it was the nearest thing to me at the time) and tell my wife to run into our master bathroom and don't come out until I know what was fully going on. I leave my bedroom and hear footsteps running all over downstairs. At this time, I'm pretty sure its a robber and don't want to let them notice that I'm here. Once I get halfway down the stairs, I peak into my living room and notice that there was a shadow lurking in the kitchen, I yell "Hey come out of there now! The police are on their way!" at the top of my lungs. Low and behold, look who comes out of my kitchen. It was my niece and nephew.

My jaw drops because I had absolutely no idea that they were here in my home. By the time I got down the rest of my stairs, the police were banging on my door. I went to answer it and invited them in. Still wondering what they were doing in my house, I called my wife down and made sure my dogs were ok. When the police asked what had happened, I told them exactly what happened and now these kids were in my home without my knowledge. The officer looked at me surprised and asked "Aren't these your kids though?" and I replied "No." He then asked do I know whose these kids were and I replied yes, but I have no idea what they were doing in my house. He asked for the parents phone number, so I gave it to them. The police then called the parents (my brother and his wife) to inform them that there kids were at my house, in which at this time I'm fuming to get answers from my brother. 10 minutes later, here comes my brother and his wife, with a look of worry on their faces that something had happened to my niece and nephew. I ran up to him and asked him what the hell did you think you were doing dropping them off at my home without my knowledge, how did you know that we (my wife and I) weren't at work. He replies that since our job wasn't opened today, he thought he could drop them off and get some alone time with his wife. When I was about to reply here comes a woman from CPS.

The woman walked up to my brother and his wife and asked them why would you drop your kids off at someone's house and they not know that they were there. My brother then replied that he and his wife just wanted some alone time and that was it, so they dropped them off at my house because he has a key and thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The woman then replied with the best line ever, "If you wanted some alone time, then you should have just put a condom on and not had had them in the first place if you weren't going to take care of them 24/7." I grinned from ear to ear and my brother and his wife shot me a death look. My brother said that it shouldn't matter that they were here because we're family. The woman then replied "Your child broke a $6,000 statue and the residents at this home thought it were a robber, now, whose fault would it have been if your brother had attacked your children because he didn't even know they were in HIS home?" My brother's jaw dropped. He didn't have a reply and then got marked by CPS for potential child endangerment. Now this was the point I was trying to make, I love my niece and nephew, but because of their dumb ass parents, I could have hurt them. The children got to go home and he will have to pay for my $6,000 batman statue. After clearing things up with the police, my brother told me that he will never let his children come back into my home again because I was selfish and not understanding to his problems and I wouldn't know what it was like to have kids. And I was like yes, I wouldn't know what its like to have kids, and don't care to know either.

But yeah, that was my morning, how was yours?
That guys needs to demand his house key from his brother, then make sure he never gives another one to any more childed relatives.
I already read thru the comments and OP said he went to Home Depot, probably the same day I imagine and changed the locks. Which I say good for him, if my siblings pulled that crap the cops would be arresting me as well as calling an ambulance. Because bro would had to have been moved in traction.
I would have attempted a record home run on duh's junk. No more sex for you asshole bro. Too bad he did not put baseball bat to good use. And the sprogs would have gotten their behinds raw for breaking my stuff. spanking with a whip on the ass Ban that whole mess of a famblee from the house forever. Not even me and I am seeing red. My dog would have attacked them, then I'd lose my dog. Fucking stupid breeders!!!cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck
would CPS get involved that fast?

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
twocents
would CPS get involved that fast?

An instant response from CPS would happen if it was a direct request from the police for an emergency (ie abandoned children).
CPS has staff and programs for such purposes.
Wow, entitlement much? I wonder if Duhddy realizes that just dumping your kids somewhere without actual supervision is considered abandonment? Whether it's leaving the brats in the toy aisle for three hours to shop on the other side of town or hauling them to their uncle's house and driving off without telling the uncle they're there. Good on the homeowners for changing the locks - if the asshole Duh brother can't be bothered to call ahead and ASK if he can leave his spawn off at a relative's home, then I could easily see him busting into the CF brother's house when he and his wife are at work and stealing shit or breaking shit using his key to get in.

If Moo and Duh needed alone time so bad, did they honestly not have anyone else to leave the kids with? Why was it so hard to call the CF relatives first? Were they they horny and out of control that they just drove by the house, threw the kids out of the car with a key and drove home to fuck (and probably conceive another kid)? It would do these morons - and ALL parents - well to understand that you lose all those fun, spontaneous privileges you have prior to spawning. This includes sitting on your ass on a Saturday and watching movies all day long in your jammies, having wild sex on the living room floor before lunch, or deciding at 9 on Friday night that you're going to just go out to eat. Breeders THINK they can still do these things and attempt to maintain their pre-children freedom, but the end result is that they take advantage of people, piss everyone off and possibly endanger their kids.

I bet you anything the Duh won't pay for the ruined statue, or if he does, it won't be without epic amounts of whining. I'm sure other relatives will side with him too. "He's your brother! And he's got kids and he can't afford to give you six thousand dollars! You know, if you grew up and read real books instead of comics, you wouldn't have to worry about anyone breaking your toys. If you can spend that much on a Batman toy, you should give your brother money so he can afford to do things for his family. When you grow up and have kids, you'll realize that kids are the most important thing in the world."
This sounds too much like CF fan fic, if you get my drift. I'm not sure I buy it.
I smell a whiff of bullshit. How would the brother absoultely know they weren't at work? No CPS worker would have made that condom comment. And most signifigantly, no pricey statue-collecting anime fan makes six figures and lives in a four bedroom house with three cars.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
I think I read that one a few weeks ago.

Anyways, I don't really find it hard to believe that the business was closed and the brother knew they'd be home. The time stamp says 2 months ago, which would be Februaryish. There were lots of big storms in certain areas at that time, many of which closed schools and businesses. Look at the big Atlanta storm that happened, with people stranded on highways and whatnot.

We don't know the ages of the kyds, but if they were school age and school was closed, it seems likely that businesses were closed as well, and the brother would think of that. If it's a big storm, obviously, many businesses aren't going to bother even opening, but there could've been a TV crawl on the news/weather saying that business was closed; or they could've called or driven by and seen that it was closed. So, that doesn't really trip the hinky meter for me.

Honestly, it's possible that brother-Duh didn't even know whether his brother and SIL were in fact home. We don't know the ages of the kyds, so, if they were teens or even pre-teens, Moo and Duh could've been dumb enough to figure they could drop the kyds in an empty house for a few hours and pick them up before brother even knew they were there. Maybe they only told police and Child Services that they knew famblee was home to look after the kyds?

If teens or pre-teens, they probably figured, well it's a "kyddish" house with comic books and probably video games, etc. And the kyds could play with all that "kyd-friendly" stuff -- thus the broken statue -- or with the couple's dogs, and be entertained enough to be left alone for a while.

Don't really know, but, as appalling as the story is, I have no trouble at all that breeders could do such a thing. The mind of a breeder is a scary thing.
I think it's fake too. No CPS worker would say something like that.

If this happened in an upper class neighborhood with white children, much chuckling would ensue and that would be the end of it.
I think some of the story might be embellished, but it wouldn't surprise me if at least the basic part of it, i.e. the parents dumping the kids at a CF relative's house without permission, could be true. I can also understand why CPS was involved since these days there's so much paranoia about anything kid related. The homeowners told the police they had no idea why the kids were there. It's possible the kids could have been runaways or abandoned. I think the comment from the CPS worker was probably made up, just to make the story more amusing.

I've heard stories of childless relatives getting sucked into doing babysitting for the one who has kids since after all, a childless person has nothing to do or even if they do want to do something, they can do it anytime since they don't have kids, so there's no reason they can't be available for babysitting anytime 24/7.
bell_flower

If this happened in an upper class neighborhood with white children, much chuckling would ensue and that would be the end of it.
I think a pissed off CPS worker, disturbed for such a stupid situation, could say something like that. Or even worse. They witness parental fuck-ups all the time. But this one takes the cake, entitlement wise.Dunce cap :scr :smn

P.S.Am I glad the only childed relatives of my husband live in Maine, far enough, and are terrified of our dog. He is a true relative repellant.grinning smiley
I still think it's fake. Too cliche: dinks with fancy stuff versus Breeders and Breeders get their comeuppance.

I think a pissed off CPS worker, disturbed for such a stupid situation, could say something like that.

Not if he/she cares about keeping his/her job, particularly in this age of cell phones, videos and Breeders crying foul to a pronatalist media, which is more than happy to present a story on how "victimized" parents are these days.

Just ask any school teacher.
I think it is fake because of the dogs. He says that they have 3 dogs, and yet none of the dogs hear the car pull in the driveway, the brother unlock the front door, and the two kids come in? The dogs sleep soundly until the kids break the Batman statue? That doesn't sound like any dog I know, let alone three dogs.

Plus, he says that once the dogs hear the noise, they race off to see who is in the house. But he doesn't say anything about how as he came down the stairs, he heard the kids calming the dogs, or that the dogs had the kids cowering as they all barked at them. He says that he came down the stairs very quietly, and waited until he saw a shape in the kitchen. Where are the three alarmed and barking dogs in all this?
barren4ever
bell_flower

I think a pissed off CPS worker, disturbed for such a stupid situation, could say something like that. Or even worse. They witness parental fuck-ups all the time. But this one takes the cake, entitlement wise.Dunce cap :scr :smn
Agreed. I've known grocery cashiers to say such things to sucky customers once in a while, and there are often cameras and other customers around when they say it. Unless they say something royally atrocious, they don't always get in trouble for it.

I think what the CPS worker said actually did get said, and the brother, knowing he was the ass, would end up being more mad at the OP for putting his foot down then the CPS worker saying what she did.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login