Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wouldn't have been the cleavage that bothered me

Posted by Dorisan 
Wouldn't have been the cleavage that bothered me
April 20, 2014
A CNN slideshow about prom dresses that got women barred.

Ummm ... worried about cleavage in this one?

Second from left. Usually there is a concern about a girl becoming pregnant after the prom, not coming to the prom pregnant. :goggle
Re: Wouldn't have been the cleavage that bothered me
April 20, 2014
I guess her parents don't have to worry about her getting pregnant on prom night.
April 20, 2014
I wonder if there are prom matern .... oh, let me just go check

:::googles:::

Oh good lord saying 'wtf'

LINK

2013 Prom Dresses Empire Sweetheart Chiffon Evening Party Maternity Dresses

Well, the preggo in the picture could have benefitted from this style. She wouldn't have appeared like she swallowed a basketball.

She might be proud of displaying her bump at the prom, but what it signalled to me was "kiddo, enjoy this last display of glamour because after the bump drops, your life is over."
April 21, 2014
I didn't realize it was that time of year again.

I remember that photo because it took place in my own state of Louisiana. I didn't think some of those dresses were that bad, but that's just me. I read that article and one thing that was brought up was those are the only kind of dresses the designers are pushing these days, so there's not much choice. If people would stop buying this stuff, in time it would change. More young people should shun prom and have their own event free of it's insane excesses. I never went to the prom and I never had a single regret.
April 21, 2014
I went to prom junior year. I actually decided that I wanted go to (because all my friends were) the week before, so there wasn't much time for excess or stupidity. I wore one of my mom's dresses from the 90s, a shawl lent to my from my grandmother, and I made some sparkly jewelry thing to go with it. I enjoyed the time with my friends, but it honestly wasn't worth going again the next year. The music was terrible. I don't get why one dance was such a big deal to everyone else. I'd much rather go to a fairy festival or the Renfest any day.

More on-topic, the cleavage there isn't hardly anything. Maybe it's how they are posed, but I'm not that impressed. There are definitely more extreme options out there.
April 21, 2014
Let me get this straight, just so I understand:

These dresses are considered too lewd, too risque for the prom? Too much cleavage? They gotta be kidding me!

Yet it's seemingly OK for fat cows to pull their leaky udders out in public for all the world to see, and that IS OK?

To be cliche here, what is wrong with this picture?!? :crz
April 21, 2014
Peace
To be cliche here, what is wrong with this picture?!? :crz

^^
There's no baybee attached to those tittays!!!!

Teen at prom with a nursing baby? No problem -- she can wear whatever she wants!!! waving hellolarious
April 21, 2014
Looking at the size of that preggo teen, it looks like she'll be giving birth in the limo ride over to the prom!
April 21, 2014
Peace
Let me get this straight, just so I understand:

These dresses are considered too lewd, too risque for the prom? Too much cleavage? They gotta be kidding me!

Well, the preggo is an indication that at least one of them is sexually active. Kinda late to be worrying about the dresses being too sexual.

I like how those in authority get all fluffed about the girls being too enticing when they should be considering sex ed classes to keep them from ending up like Preggo in Red.
April 21, 2014
I'm sure you've all seen these, but these prom pics have way more flesh showing.

http://www2.youknowdamnright.org:81/ghetto-prom/

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
April 21, 2014
Dorisan
I wonder if there are prom matern .... oh, let me just go check

:::googles:::

Oh good lord saying 'wtf'

LINK

2013 Prom Dresses Empire Sweetheart Chiffon Evening Party Maternity Dresses

Well, the preggo in the picture could have benefitted from this style. She wouldn't have appeared like she swallowed a basketball.

She might be proud of displaying her bump at the prom, but what it signalled to me was "kiddo, enjoy this last display of glamour because after the bump drops, your life is over."

I like these dresses in your link, Me Wantee! Now! I could see several 'alternative' uses for these too - bride's maid's dresses, maybe for some kind of 'even't' -

Before I saw that, I was going to say - the Preggo would've done better in an out fit like the girl 3rd from the right. Or an "Empire Waist".

I also like the other two on the R, the green and orange thumbs upwink Those would be too form fitting for the Preggo though.

And, there are tons of things out there / alternatives - fairly easy to find as Dorisan has shown us here, or - use your imagination. Shop around.

I really don't think any of these girls look offensive. What, do these Stick Up Ass Old Men want to return to the days of Little House On The Prairie? Victorian Era? I'm not seeing that happening.

I don't see it getting all that much worse, either. Remember what Carrie wore to the Prom? That was a straight up slip.

I myself was thinking of taking up a Lady GaGa type of style grinning smiley

Hey - If I were a few years younger - I might.
April 21, 2014
Miss_Hannigan
I'm sure you've all seen these, but these prom pics have way more flesh showing.

http://www2.youknowdamnright.org:81/ghetto-prom/

Now I have to go put some eye drops in. I'm blind :goggle
April 21, 2014
Zzelda
Victorian Era?

Now that I wouldn't object to. The clothes, not the era. This was the pattern I used to make the dress I wore when Dh and I repeated our vows on our 10th wedding anniversary

It turned out something like this, only in a blue colonial print and the ruffles weren't so dramatic

The concept of Victorian gowns seen in prom and wedding dresses is soooo incorrect. You don't have to look like a cream puff, be drowned in taffeta or shaped like a lamp shade because of hoops. Some of the clothing of that era was quite stately and dignified.
April 21, 2014
Zzelda
I like these dresses in your link, Me Wantee! Now! I could see several 'alternative' uses for these too - bride's maid's dresses, maybe for some kind of 'even't' -

I started browsing the site once I got past gawking at Prom Maternity dresses saying 'wtf'

Seriously?

MOB dress

Not supposed to upstage the bride! That seems like something Kris Jenner would wear to compete with her daughter (Kim Kardashian) when she marries.

Then I looked at the prom/homecoming dresses. The old toots who had their eyes gouged out by the cleavage dresses? Hah. Probably have vapors if a young woman sashayed onto the gym floor in something like this drinking coffee

Feathers

And then going to Flower Girl dresses. This poor kid looks very uncomfortable in this getup

It Itches! It ITCHES!

I like how many of those outfits look, but viewing myself now in my standard issue jeans and hiking boots, I just can't imagine wearing that stuff.
April 22, 2014
Dorisan. Your dress is wonderful. You could start a business making them to be sold, $$$$.
And thank you for the lol links. smile rolling left rightsmile :yr
April 22, 2014
barren4ever
Dorisan. Your dress is wonderful. You could start a business making them to be sold, $$$$.
And thank you for the lol links. smile rolling left rightsmile :yr

Thanks. I'm too slow on the production to ever turn out clothes like that in an amount of time to be cost efficient but I do love period clothing.

It's typical of youngsters; I'm sure their thoughts were "I wanna look sex-ay!" or "I'm going to be shocking!" (most of the pictures in Hannigan's link. oofah :goggle ); but those will be the pictures they'll wish were never taken when their kids get hold of them.
April 22, 2014
The most risque dress is the middle white one with the plunging back, but none of these dresses are obscene.

The inpig showing off her terminal fuck tumor is the obscenity. When I was in school, inpigs did not parade that shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 22, 2014
navi8orgirl
The most risque dress is the middle white one with the plunging back, but none of these dresses are obscene.

The inpig showing off her terminal fuck tumor is the obscenity. When I was in school, inpigs did not parade that shit.

It's not a two-ma /arnold_swantzanager waving hellolarious

I can't see anything remotely problematic about the dress third from the right, even if I try to look at it with the eye of someone who cares about women's bodies being exposed.
April 22, 2014
I'm not seeing anything wrong with any of these dresses. I admit I don't have the figure for the white with a plunging back and I think the orange is hideous but again, I don't feel they're inappropriate. I love the black and white third from right and I would ask the girl where she got it. I also like the long black fourth from left. Is there a link to go with this pic?
April 22, 2014
None of those dresses look inappropriate to me, in fact, I think they are fine. I think I own a couple of cocktail dresses that are more revealing than those...but I love to dress up, and sometimes I'm in the mood to look sexy.
April 22, 2014
Guess I'm glad the high school (parochial) I attended had no proms nor dances. Would not have been able to afford a dress if we did, not to mention the fact I don't "dance" (I was trained in ballet, tap, and jazz, not couples dancing) and the guys well they were not dating material for me.
April 22, 2014
I wonder what they'd say if someone wore one of these.

April 22, 2014
selidororous
Guess I'm glad the high school (parochial) I attended had no proms nor dances. Would not have been able to afford a dress if we did, not to mention the fact I don't "dance" (I was trained in ballet, tap, and jazz, not couples dancing) and the guys well they were not dating material for me.

I wish I could have gone to a place like that. My school was a private Christian school and they seemed to have a lot of dances and those who didn't attend any of them were subject to harassment. I have no issue with the dances, it's just some people are interested and some aren't, and nothing should be said about it. Those who want to go should go and those who don't shouldn't, and that should be the end of it. At my school it wasn't.
April 22, 2014
Wow, that's sad. The fact that maternity prom gowns are available means there is actually some kind of a demand. Which shows that people find it totally acceptable and okey-dokey for a teen girl to get knocked up and flaunt her fat gut. Gods, when I was still in high school, there was some policy floating around some schools about how the girls had to hike up their dresses at the door for an underwear check. If they were wearing thongs, they were denied entry. But it's okay for the heavily pregnant irresponsible teenager to waddle around to bad music, hoping her water didn't break? Why did her parents even let her go? She would be grounded from leaving the fucking house for anything besides class until she turned 18 if she were my daughter.

But in regard to the dresses in general, I don't really see where any of them are particularly revealing. Most prom dresses are either strapless or have mostly tastefully low necklines. These look like normal gowns to me. Some girls like to wear their gowns backwards:

This is what I would call too much cleavage, what little she has to show to begin with.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login