Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders Ruin Easter Egg Hunt

Posted by Medusa 
Breeders Ruin Easter Egg Hunt
April 20, 2014
Sorry I could only find the story in French, but you can translate the page if you want; I hope you can at least see the video!

http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/regional/montreal/archives/2014/04/20140420-125436.html

or

http://fr.canoe.ca/infos/societe/archives/2014/04/20140420-151209.html

The Cocothon, an Easter egg hunt, was not a success Saturday morning at the Laval Nature Centre. This holiday event attracted at least 10 000 people, especially toddlers. (...)

"We had access to the site much later than expected. Parents were getting impatient", said Ms. de Luca. (...)

The children began to scream. People were stealing eggs from the baskets of other participants. Parents allowed their children to jump over the barrier to access Easter eggs before everyone else.

And, of course, they blame the organizer and the security staff - not their rude, greedy selves. Frak, when they opened the gates, it was like general admission at a Metallica concert or something. Get a load of the moo with the stroller! And all this for cheap plastic eggs. :smn

ETA: Looks like my local breeders weren't the only ones! This story from NZ is even worse:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11241513

Organisers of a public Easter egg drop have apologised after children were injured during the event - by parents desperate to get their share of the chocolate treats.

A 3-year-old was reportedly taken to hospital after his fingers were stomped on and a 7-year-old had her face scratched.
Re: Breeders Ruin Easter Egg Hunt
April 20, 2014
Medusa, are you a Quebecker?
How disappointing to see people from my home state acting worse than apes, and demanding apologies from those who organized and gave their time to amuse stranger's sprogs. I've been to a Rolling Stones and a Motley Crue concert, and attendees were far more civilized. And there was drugs and booze consumed.blushing If they plan another one next year, they should have snipers with tranquiliser guns. Or give up the concept. These people acted like their team lost the fricking super bowl, all for plastic crap. Humanity makes me two faces puking and :bawl
April 21, 2014
Wow, that rivals someone's kid not getting to start in a little league game.
April 21, 2014
Of course when they stop sponsoring these Easter Egg hunts because of all the problems, these same people will complain there is nothing for their kids to do.
April 21, 2014
Whatever happened to getting a bag of plasic eggs and a bag of candy from the dollar store, filling them yourself, then hiding the eggs around the house? That way you can be certain that your kid gets the eggs.
April 21, 2014
JohnDrake
Of course when they stop sponsoring these Easter Egg hunts because of all the problems, these same people will complain there is nothing for their kids to do.

Oh for shit's sake. When I was in elementary school, the private school, held in a church, had a budget smaller than a jelly bean so they tended to get creative. They also had an aversion to sugar. What does that leave you? Arts and crafts. Out comes the newspaper, the cheap paint, the crayons, the construction paper.

This place was decades ahead of it's time as it believed that sugar had a negative effect on children's learning, and also discouraged medication for behavior modification. This was 1976.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
April 22, 2014
What a pile of uncivilized monkeys! (My apologies to monkeys everywhere for making the comparison.)

Breeders will ruin everything because they are so damned immature themselves! They can't wait a few extra minutes to let their pwecious little sprogs go on a frigging Easter egg hunt? GMAFB. Breeders want it all NOW and on their own terms. If they don't get what they want, they pitch a fit, just like their semen demons. No wonder modern-day brats act like assholes. Look at their examples.
April 22, 2014
barren4ever
Medusa, are you a Quebecker?

Errr... let's say I'm a Canadian who happens to have been born in this province! Because I've never been into the whole "culture" here and I would totally move to Vancouver or Toronto if I could.

There's finally an English version of the story available, and I am so surprised that most of the comments are blaming the breeders! Here:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/easter-egg-hunt-laval-goes-horribly-wrong-134016600.html

Whatever happened to getting a bag of plasic eggs and a bag of candy from the dollar store, filling them yourself, then hiding the eggs around the house?

That's kinda what my Mom used to do! She'd buy a dozen miniature chocolate eggs and hide them all over our apartment. It was fun and no one got hurt!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login