Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Teen gets free trip to Hawaii by stowing away in the wheel well.

Posted by JohnDrake 
Teen gets free trip to Hawaii by stowing away in the wheel well.
April 21, 2014
Makes me wonder how good enhanced airport security really is.

Link
Re: Teen gets free trip to Hawaii by stowing away in the wheel well.
April 21, 2014
"He could suffer neurological problems, memory problems and a lower IQ. :bawl Poor kid. He should be punished to the fullest extent of the law an adult would. hitting over the head with a hammer He endangered not only himself, but the whole aircraft with his shenanigans. News outlets are all happy he survived. Meanie me thinks his demise would have been a minor loss to the world. Way to show potential terrorists how to bypass security. Damn kid should be grounded until he is old enough to join the military, and forced to enlist.
April 21, 2014
Am I a cold-hearted bitch for wishing he would have died doing this?

Darwinism missed out on a good chance to clean the gene pool with this kid.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
April 22, 2014
Drake. I am with you on this. I bet his parunts would have sued Homeland Security.smile rolling left righteyes2 He will surely find another lame brain way to off himself, so all is not lost for the Darwin awards.thumbs upwink
I think this could be some more made up bullshit. Not to say the boy didn't stow away somewhere on the plane, but 38,000 feet is to high to breathe without oxygen or some way to keep warm.
April 22, 2014
I am interested in a scientific sense. HOW did he survive? It could be interesting, if we learn how to put people in such a state safely we could use this technique for surgery.

Now lets use idiot teen as a lab rat.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
April 22, 2014
Very few people have managed to survive. Something tells me he lacks brain cells to begin with, which probably helped.

Youth was one factor; most older people don't survive. Luck was another...the wheel well has very little room for your ass once the landing gear retracts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
April 22, 2014
I've heard of people trying stuff like this, but they usually don't make it.

Something else has surfaced, it seems the kid was trying to get to Africa and not Hawaii and stowed aboard the first plane he saw.

Link
April 22, 2014
t.
I am interested in a scientific sense. HOW did he survive? It could be interesting, if we learn how to put people in such a state safely we could use this technique for surgery.

There are already studies and uses of Therapeutic Hypothermia After Cardiac Arrest. it is standard of care now for an unresponsive patient with Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC) post Cardiac Arrest.

https://circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/1/118.full

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/812407-overview

https://acls-algorithms.com/post-cardiac-arrest-care

https://my.americanheart.org/idc/groups/ahamah-public/@wcm/@sop/@scon/documents/downloadable/ucm_427331.pdf

There is also a pending study on the use of deep cold for Gunshot victims:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/04/140402-suspended-animation-gunshot-victims-science-death/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129623.000-gunshot-victims-to-be-suspended-between-life-and-death.html#.U1aOslf69Po

Whether this kid's event will contribute to that body of knowledge remains to be seen. However is surely will help promote them in the media.

JohnDrake

Link

TSA is not really a security. It is more of a jobs project. It keeps many people working that otherwise could have been without a job. Yes, enhanced security is kinda useless.

With that said, no amount of security is ever 100%. As soon as a security is in place, someone figures out a way around it.

This kid is a dumb dick - I wonder if he had a clue what he was up against. He could have died a very painful death. I also wonder why is this kid not in juvenile detention? Am I the only one who thinks the kid did enough to earn some juvi time?
April 22, 2014
JohnDrake

Link

And by the way, don't you ever even think about sneaking an extra bar of soap or a tube of toothpaste. You will be pulled aside, ridiculed, get your private parts touched and be forced to surrender the "offending" toothpaste or soap. You wanna bring a bottle of water? Assume surrender position. Place your arms up and your legs at shoulder width. The blue glove and the sheep prod will be utilized. waving hellolarious
April 22, 2014
I also think the little punk is old enough to serve time. Too bad that probably won't happen.
April 22, 2014
satansbitch
I also think the little punk is old enough to serve time. Too bad that probably won't happen.

I agree there. He trespassed for one thing and he stowed away, that should be worth something.
April 22, 2014
navi8orgirl
Very few people have managed to survive. Something tells me he lacks brain cells to begin with, which probably helped.
:iwswaving hellolarious
Yeah, I agree the little shit needs to be charged, but why would an extra bar of soap cause any problems? I fly at least 4 times a month and I have yet to experience any TSA trauma. We have all been doing this for over 10 years. If I don't like the rules, I can stay home.
April 23, 2014
evilchildlessbitch
Yeah, I agree the little shit needs to be charged, but why would an extra bar of soap cause any problems? I fly at least 4 times a month and I have yet to experience any TSA trauma. We have all been doing this for over 10 years. If I don't like the rules, I can stay home.

The rules are ridiculous and everyone knows it is security theatre, not real security. That's what's wrong with it: it's not making us safer and it's just an excuse to reduce privacy.

I was recently going on a short trip where I had just a carry-on bag. It's so much fun to play the "What toiletry shall I do without?" game. In the end I should have picked the sunscreen, because it rained the entire trip, but instead I skipped the deodorant and had to wash my armpits a lot. Because of course more than 1 liter of liquids in more than 10 bottles is a huuuuuge security risk in an internal EU flight where they never once checked my ID before I boarded.
Yurble, I'm surprised you never had to show ID. If I check luggage or fly with the dog I have to show ID at check-in and always before even entering security. When I fly overseas they also ask to see my passport along with my ticket as I board the plane. I agree, the liquids thing is a pain in the ass although I hate lugging around a carry on so I check everything but a small backpack with my laptop and ID. I also have the "pre-screen" status so I may just miss the worst of it.
April 23, 2014
thom_c
t.

There are already studies and uses of Therapeutic Hypothermia After Cardiac Arrest. it is standard of care now for an unresponsive patient with Return of Spontaneous Circulation (ROSC) post Cardiac Arrest.

https://circ.ahajournals.org/content/108/1/118.full

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/812407-overview

https://acls-algorithms.com/post-cardiac-arrest-care

https://my.americanheart.org/idc/groups/ahamah-public/@wcm/@sop/@scon/documents/downloadable/ucm_427331.pdf

There is also a pending study on the use of deep cold for Gunshot victims:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2014/04/140402-suspended-animation-gunshot-victims-science-death/

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22129623.000-gunshot-victims-to-be-suspended-between-life-and-death.html#.U1aOslf69Po

Whether this kid's event will contribute to that body of knowledge remains to be seen. However is surely will help promote them in the media.

Thank you Thom! It is very interesting grinning smiley

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
April 23, 2014
evilchildlessbitch

The last time I traveled by air was in 2011 and I didn't have any problems either, other than long lines in one airport, but that airport always has long lines so it probably wasn't because of the TSA.

There probably have been some incidents involving the TSA, but the problem isn't as bad or widespread as some journalists with an agenda want us to believe.
April 23, 2014
evilchildlessbitch
Yurble, I'm surprised you never had to show ID. If I check luggage or fly with the dog I have to show ID at check-in and always before even entering security. When I fly overseas they also ask to see my passport along with my ticket as I board the plane. I agree, the liquids thing is a pain in the ass although I hate lugging around a carry on so I check everything but a small backpack with my laptop and ID. I also have the "pre-screen" status so I may just miss the worst of it.

Overseas, sure. But within Schengen it's usually minimal, although I was surprised they didn't check even when boarding. I didn't check luggage and I did online check in, so at the gate was my first contact with any airline personnel, and that's where I expected them to check. Security only wanted to see my laptop and liquids, not my boarding pass or ID.
When we were in Europe I guess because we were from out of the EU we had to show ID. In the US, you can't even enter the security line without showing ID and a boarding pass, even with online check-in and for a domestic flight.
April 24, 2014
evilchildlessbitch
When we were in Europe I guess because we were from out of the EU we had to show ID. In the US, you can't even enter the security line without showing ID and a boarding pass, even with online check-in and for a domestic flight.

Note that the EU doesn't completely overlap with the Schengen treaty zone. The UK is notably not in it, so any travel from the UK to the mainland is treated as international. I always find it amusing to have to go through passport control just to take the Eurostar.

You wouldn't have to show your ID because you're from out another country. They wouldn't know that until you showed your ID. Note that it isn't the norm to show no ID at all, usually I would expect to show it when boarding, so that is why I was bemused by the no ID whatsoever but still having to do without personal hygiene products.
OK. That makes more sense. Still, the rules do seem very random. I have carried solid deoderant on but have seen people ahead of me have toss spray-on. Clearly, the way to go is to just jump fhe fence :-)
April 24, 2014
I ran away as a teen, and when caught, was sent to juvie. I had not endangered anyone's life but my own. But I had greatly inconvenienced my parents, It was done during their annual two week vacation. This young Rambo-wannabe should do the time, unless he's too retarded to grasp the seriousness of his actions. :drool
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login