Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One of Our Own Gets His Ass Handed to Him By Breeder Tech Men

Posted by loavesstillsuck 
One of Our Own Gets His Ass Handed to Him By Breeder Tech Men
April 21, 2014
I know this guy from my ventures into website development and online publishing; I keep trying to get him to come over here. He and his wife are childfree by choice and sometimes he tries to communicate with men in the tech/web/online marketing world the simple notion that maybe they don't have to have kids. Which rarely goes over well!

He alerted me to this thread he started the other day. So as not to make it obvious that people are visiting from here, the name of the site is Wickedfire.com; you go to the Shooting the Shit thread and then the specific thread is a new one from the other day called "Any childfree by choice here?"

This guy needs to join here! I'm so pleased that he decided to "come out" more, especially since the crowd he was speaking to (90% male, web dudes from all over the world, many of them Muslim, Hindu, etc.) was not likely to appreciate his posts.

Anyway, thought it might be worth a laugh to have a look at their lame responses to his entirely reasonable ideas!
Re: One of Our Own Gets His Ass Handed to Him By Breeder Tech Men
April 22, 2014
One of the tech people over there admitted that he had a sprog at 18 that died in a car accident. He then admitted that it was not the worst thing that happened in his life and that now he wants to remain without kids, (If you can be CF with a dead baby that you would get back if you could I don't know) Almost all the posters there are men and none of them flamed him for admitting the dead kid was not the worst thing that ever happened to him. I can imagine if that was a moo board and that was a woman. They would find her address and put her personal info out there and she would be harassed for years
As the thread evolved it was very surprising; most posters were in alignment with at least the idea of choosing consciously to have a kid, not letting an "oops" happen. I gave dan some of our fave bingoes to post as part of a list of common ones to debunk and helped him out a bit with it. I think he did a good job fending off the baby rabid.

This is the thread but you should post it in your browser so as not to reveal that you're coming from here! smiling smiley

http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/179808-any-childfree-choice-here.html
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login