Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lose the match online, send a SWAT team to your rival's house:mad2

Posted by orangeflower84 
Teen sprog decided to get even with his rival by calling 911 using his rival's name to send a SWAT team there.

Why?

Because he lost the match on Call of Duty so being a sore loser he is, he just wasted the taxpayers money.

I played online games a lot but now I'm getting worried that if I beat someone online, they'll get butthurt and do a swatting at me.

I hope they trace that Special Snowflake down and make him and his Breeders to pay the damages that he cause to everyone.
Re: Loose the match online, send a SWAT team to your rival's house:mad2
April 23, 2014
Teens.

They need to be supervised and managed better.

You hear that - Cows and Duhs? Mind your damn kids. And teens ARE kids!

I'd make the kid pay for this - if / when he's caught - you get your ass out there and get a JOB.

Parents these days don't seem to hold their kids accountable though.

Back in my day ~

And it wasn't that long ago, either. Say 25 years ago. One lesson that was hammered home - you fuck up? We're not bailing you out. We all knew this. I knew a girl who got pregnant young - she was warned and they followed through - tossed her right out onto the street. Another kid who got a DUI - called parents from jail - they hung up on him. Our parents *meant business*. There was NONE of this parental crying for the kids - nope - you fuck up? You are *on your own*. And they followed through with it, too.

I never fucked up - but I saw others who did - and the consequences they had to live with. THAT was a learning experience, to be sure. Which kept me from *fucking up*!

Oh Gawd, I sound like An Old. Ha, I guess I am. Hey, WE were made to deal with our own issues. These days it seems parents baby their kids, including teens, and make every excuse in the book for them.
orangeflower84
I hope they trace that Special Snowflake down and make him and his Breeders to pay the damages that he cause to everyone.

Which (if the report on the evening news is accurate) may run as high as $100,000.
Zzelda
Back in my day ~

And it wasn't that long ago, either. Say 25 years ago. One lesson that was hammered home - you fuck up? We're not bailing you out. We all knew this. I knew a girl who got pregnant young - she was warned and they followed through - tossed her right out onto the street. Another kid who got a DUI - called parents from jail - they hung up on him. Our parents *meant business*. There was NONE of this parental crying for the kids - nope - you fuck up? You are *on your own*. And they followed through with it, too.

I never fucked up - but I saw others who did - and the consequences they had to live with. THAT was a learning experience, to be sure. Which kept me from *fucking up*!

Oh Gawd, I sound like An Old. Ha, I guess I am. Hey, WE were made to deal with our own issues. These days it seems parents baby their kids, including teens, and make every excuse in the book for them.

I hear you, Zzelda; this was pretty much the attitude in the house I grew up in.

These days, parents of kids who get pregnant/arrested all whine "But *everyone* deserves a second chaaaaance!" Or a third chance. Or a fourth chance....
Re: Lose the match online, send a SWAT team to your rival's house:mad2
April 24, 2014
I remember when I was a kid when we played board games, there was always someone who would get mad if the they lost or started losing and would throw the board. Some grow out of it, some don't. I guess now they do worse than just flip the board.
Re: Loose the match online, send a SWAT team to your rival's house:mad2
April 24, 2014
skyeyes
These days, parents of kids who get pregnant/arrested all whine "But *everyone* deserves a second chaaaaance!" Or a third chance. Or a fourth chance....

Exactly! Back in the day, a long, long time ago, lol, it was almost unheard of for a teen to be pregnant while in high school/college. There might be 1 girl in the whole school. Nowadays I hear that there's tons of pregnant teens. WTF?!

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
April 24, 2014
By coincidence here's a recent column by John Rosemond discussing teen boys and video games. You know that few pahrunts will accept his challenge at the end of the response...

Video Game Obsession

Apr 11, 2014

John K. Rosemond

Question: Our 14-year-old son seems depressed—to us, at least. His principal sees no sign of depression but thinks he’s socially anxious. The subjects of counseling and medication have come up. We have suggested to him that he get more exercise and spend less time playing video games and watching TV, but he says he hates sports. He appears to be withdrawing more and more into his video screen world. Our plan of action is to insist that he take up a sport if he wants the freedom to have a computer and video game. We want him to have balance in his life. Your thoughts?

Answer: I’m in no position to know whether your son is depressed or anxious. If you want answers to those sorts of questions, you and your son would need to see a skilled mental health professional in your area. Then you would have to determine for yourselves whether or not you feel comfortable with his conclusions and recommendations.

However, if my experience is worth something, I can tell you with a good amount of confidence that the syndrome you’re describing—obsession with video games, withdrawal from the real world, lack of motivation—is becoming increasingly familiar to me, and more often than not if the teen is a male, video games are part of the picture. Video games are proving to be very problematic for teen boys. More and more researchers are coming to the conclusion that they are addictive—not figuratively, mind you, but literally. They are, after all, a form of gambling. The fact that they don’t involve money is beside the point.

In the last few months two separate sets of parents have asked me what to do with 20-something unemployed sons who play video games all day and through most of the night. Those two sons represent thousands of young “men” who are wasting valuable years of their lives playing electronic games that have no redeeming value and pose a real hazard to their emotional and social health.

Before any evaluation of your son can yield a reliable picture of his mental health, the video games have to go. To accomplish that, you have to recognize that you are part of the problem. You’ve become enablers. First, you cannot “suggest” to a methamphetamine addict that he shouldn’t use so much meth, that he needs to get more exercise. If the addict won’t give up the drug, then people who have influence and authority in his life need to take it away and make sure he can’t get his hands on it again…ever. Second, there’s no such thing as an addict being able to strike a “balance” in his life between the addiction and healthy activities. As seems to have happened with your son, an addiction takes the place of healthy activity. As any former addict will attest to, you’re either addicted or you’re healthy—you can’t be both.

I don’t know whether your son would benefit from a psychotropic medication, but I can say with reasonable certainty that medication or not, he needs to be released from his slavery to video games. He is not going to voluntarily give them up, so you’re going to have to step up to the plate and take them away.

For your son and thousands of video-addicted teen boys, I’m hereby proclaiming Thursday, May 1, Take Their Video Games Away for Good Day. In my fantasy, millions of boys come home from school that day and find their video game consoles are gone…forever!
You'd be surprised how many young men go to college and flunk out because all they is sit in their dorm rooms and play video games. I worked on the MIS desk in a Residence Life unit at a major land-grand university, and I can tell you that the majority of calls to the help desk were male dorm rats who were having problems with their game machines (which we didn't support, but they didn't read the instruction booklet I published saying that you could *have* games, but that you had to install and run them yourself, that the university provided technical support for computers *only*).
April 25, 2014
With all the garbage that goes on in schools, and I'm sure it's probably 10 times worse than it was when I graduated 28 years ago, who can blame them for wanting to withdraw?
orangeflower84
Teen sprog decided to get even with his rival by calling 911 using his rival's name to send a SWAT team there.

Why?

Because he lost the match on Call of Duty so being a sore loser he is, he just wasted the taxpayers money.

I played online games a lot but now I'm getting worried that if I beat someone online, they'll get butthurt and do a swatting at me.

They will know exactly who the looser of that Call of Duty match is and where he is. Winner will tell the Swats what character the twit played, and the name of the character he played. The two characters can be tracked by IP address.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
craftyzits
orangeflower84

Why?

They will know exactly who the looser of that Call of Duty match is and where he is. Winner will tell the Swats what character the twit played, and the name of the character he played. The two characters can be tracked by IP address.

Which shows that this kid is an even bigger dumb ass than I gave him credit for. Anyone who knows anything about computers knows that you can be traced fairly easily with an IP address, and if he is playing an online game, he knows something about IP addresses.

He and his parents should be charged for this flagrant misuse of police time.
October 02, 2017
chevygirl54
craftyzits
orangeflower84

Why?

Which shows that this kid is an even bigger dumb ass than I gave him credit for. Anyone who knows anything about computers knows that you can be traced fairly easily with an IP address, and if he is playing an online game, he knows something about IP addresses.

He and his parents should be charged for this flagrant misuse of police time.

Don't count on that one chevygirl54. Many computer users use the minimum of their PC's capability and learn even less about the ins and outs of the PC.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login