Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Does this happen to you?

Posted by starlady 
Does this happen to you?
May 20, 2014
When I do some catching up via email or a little FB or another group I go to where, this morning they posted some stupid grandmoo to be screeming like a banshee (scaring the dog) because she just learned her daughter was inpig. Then the 'oh that is so cute' crap started... and... I have to quickly run to my CF boards so the heart palpitations go away. Seriously... when I see loaf pics or this screeming because a loaf is on it's way or somebody posts pics of their kyd doing some stupid thing they think is cute.... my heart begins to race and I need to escape. It's getting worse as I get older. I am going to be one nasty old crone. LOL
Are any of you like this?
Re: Does this happen to you?
May 20, 2014
I don't think it has anything to do with age--I detest squeal-y people, whether they are young or old.

Even when I was a child myself, I hated that squeal-y thing that some women do when they get excited, usually when they are acting in some kind of gender-approved behavior, such as: seeing a baybee, hearing about baybee-related news, attending a baybee shower, attending a wedding shower, going ape shit over some material good.

Now that I'm older, I think, Gawd that's just trashy. I'm not a fan of PDA and screaming in public but so many people want to be loud because they think people are interested in every moment of their lives. Is it because of Reality TV?

I guess I am a curmudgeon.
May 20, 2014
I also tend to avoid screechy, loud people like the plague. I especially hate it, because it tends to give me an instant migraine headache. Why do idiots have to behave this way over stupid shit, I'll never know.

"Oh, you've wrecked your life? EEEEEEE!!!!" It's like they're super excited that yet another one has bitten the dust and is going down with the rest of 'em.

Breeders are fucking pathetic.
May 20, 2014
Oh hell yes. It's stupid to squeal and scream about mundane/maudlin stuff. Reality TV probably plats a part in that. IIRC, a book called Modern Manners had a line (paraphrasing) that "almost everyone these days thinks they are in a movie." Peeps who watch lots of TV probably subscribe to this. Of course, P.J. O'Rourke was being ironic.smile rolling left rightsmile
May 20, 2014
I'm talking about seeing babby faces and stories in general (though that screeching was NOT in any way funny or entertaining) Seems that every other day I get these babby things sent and I get anxious over even seeing a pic of a kid lately.
May 20, 2014
I can sympahtize, starlady. I too have begun to resent the "li'l tykes" angle on everything. Sort-of related: a college-age guy knocked on our door Sunday morning(!) selling magazines. Okay, hubby is polite to him till goofball guy asks "what kind of hobbies do you have? Do you have kids?" At that point, hubby politely wished the dude a good day and shut the door on him.

It's good to know it isn't just me! Kids, kids, kids--is there nothing else to talk about?
May 20, 2014
Yes it does happen all the time. People have no lives other than kids. I do have some decent PNB friends but one has been a particular disappointment of late. She retired and is giving up her life to watch her grand-brats. Yes, there are TWO grand brats, despite the fact her daughter was separated at the THREE MONTH mark and for reasons known only to her, got back with her husband and had TWO KIDS.

All my friend can talk about now is the cuuuute things they do, between bitching how tired she is an how she has no life. She's just been diagnosed with a very serious illness too and I could smack her selfish daughter.

If you don't have kids people can't think of anything else to discuss. Facebooger is all about teh bratz.
May 20, 2014
bell_flower
I don't think it has anything to do with age--I detest squeal-y people, whether they are young or old.

Even when I was a child myself, I hated that squeal-y thing that some women do when they get excited, usually when they are acting in some kind of gender-approved behavior, such as: seeing a baybee, hearing about baybee-related news, attending a baybee shower, attending a wedding shower, going ape shit over some material good.

Now that I'm older, I think, Gawd that's just trashy. I'm not a fan of PDA and screaming in public but so many people want to be loud because they think people are interested in every moment of their lives. Is it because of Reality TV?

I guess I am a curmudgeon.

Squealing in that manner should be trained out of people when they are young.
It is an unacceptable way to communicate and I do not tolerate it in other people.
May 20, 2014
cj
Oh hell yes. It's stupid to squeal and scream about mundane/maudlin stuff. Reality TV probably plats a part in that. IIRC, a book called Modern Manners had a line (paraphrasing) that "almost everyone these days thinks they are in a movie." Peeps who watch lots of TV probably subscribe to this. Of course, P.J. O'Rourke was being ironic.smile rolling left rightsmile

Some of my relationships (friends, work, romantic, volunteers, etc ) seemed to be people who were raised in dysfunctional homes and imitated communication and attitudes from soap operas.
May 20, 2014
bell_flower
Yes it does happen all the time. People have no lives other than kids. I do have some decent PNB friends but one has been a particular disappointment of late. She retired and is giving up her life to watch her grand-brats. Yes, there are TWO grand brats, despite the fact her daughter was separated at the THREE MONTH mark and for reasons known only to her, got back with her husband and had TWO KIDS.

All my friend can talk about now is the cuuuute things they do, between bitching how tired she is an how she has no life. She's just been diagnosed with a very serious illness too and I could smack her selfish daughter.

If you don't have kids people can't think of anything else to discuss. Facebooger is all about teh bratz.

A stunning number of seniors that I have met are sacrificing most of their time, energy, space, privacy, money, etc for the grandchildren of their severely dysfunctional adult children.
May 20, 2014
My cousin and I were close and enjoyed doing things together.... until her son got married and sprogged. suddenly... she had the kid whle they worked. Kid even had a room, toys, playset in the yard all at it's grandmoo'shouse. It was like she became a parent all over again after her kids had grown up. It' sjust wrong. I mean... my grandmother babysat for me and I stayed over a few nights when my parents were out late... but my home was my home. My grandmother's house was just to visit.
May 20, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UcnhzOvUQeg

Above is the 'screeming mimi' that was posted in my email this morning. After that I was entertained by a kid with chocolate all over itself on FB and then some newborn making a funny face on another group....That was it. I had to come here for refuge.
May 20, 2014
Curmudgeon too. I took one of those stupid online tests: What kind of old person will you be? Grumpy non social neighbor. Get off my lawn !!:satan
May 20, 2014
barren4ever
Curmudgeon too. I took one of those stupid online tests: What kind of old person will you be? Grumpy non social neighbor. Get off my lawn !!:satan

I'm not naturally grumpy, I just get that way when people can't stop talking about their kids, their grandkids, their kids' school, their kids, what their kids ate for dinner, what their kids are allergic to.... you get the point.

I'd love to have more conversations, deeper conversations about politics, philosophy, science, books, society... but somehow the conversation always gets redirected back to how politics impacts kids, philosophy of childrearing, the science behind breastfeeding, books about kids, and how kids need to be more accepted in society.

I just scratch my head because there are so many other interesting topics to discuss and we keep coming back to the most boring topic...
May 20, 2014
bell_flower

Not entirely about brats, but you have to know the right people and these places are definitely NOT SAFE FOR WORK! The younger set in my family, my sister's kids, work in a video shop and a hair shop, and freelance as an artist and a lead singer of a rock band. They are hopelessly childfree, their only dependents have feathers and fur.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 20, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
barren4ever

I'm not naturally grumpy, I just get that way when people can't stop talking about their kids, their grandkids, their kids' school, their kids, what their kids ate for dinner, what their kids are allergic to.... you get the point.

I'd love to have more conversations, deeper conversations about politics, philosophy, science, books, society... but somehow the conversation always gets redirected back to how politics impacts kids, philosophy of childrearing, the science behind breastfeeding, books about kids, and how kids need to be more accepted in society.

I just scratch my head because there are so many other interesting topics to discuss and we keep coming back to the most boring topic...

Kids DO NOT need to be accepted in society. They need to be housed ELSEFUCKINGWHERE where they are not such a fucking pain in everyone's asshole!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
May 20, 2014
Good Lard, I watched that video all the way through. It was completely creepy. That daughter should be very afraid--her mother is waaaaaay too invested in the state of her uterus.

At the end, I can't hear all of what Grandmoo says, but she starts interrogating her daughter about when she knew. The daughter admits she lied to her mom at the first doctor's appointment because she wasn't ready to tell her.

The screaming and the interrogation.....Grandmoo has no dignity whatsoever.

Stuff like this makes me even more glad I didn't sprog, because of parental and in-law expectations. No Thank You.
May 20, 2014
Speaking of brat-related anxiety, I actually had heart palpitations today when this obese loaf was crying on the bus over absolutely nothing. I seriously wanted to bash his head in. I don't get the crying and whining all day every day over nothing. I don't know how breeders tolerate it. I don't see why there are not more Casey Anthonys.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
May 20, 2014
My God, the talk has to be about babies and chyldren even at yoga class. Better Half and I go to the same class, and a few other men go too. But we must be the only people there without kids or grandkids. FFS, yoga is one of the few exercises I can do thanks to my creaky joints. I don't want to hear about how bloody important proper childrearing is while I'm there. For me, that is NOT relaxing. Cripes, I get the feeling that a childfree woman in her late 40's really doesn't belong in a rural area. Too bad my family is almost 500 miles away, it seems they don't have a problem with their sis/aunt being different.sad smiley
May 20, 2014
When I was a kid I learned young that I better have damn good reason to scream or else I would get my ass beaten. Too bad that lesson is lost in the sands of time.
May 21, 2014
I just saw the video...Grandmoo-to-be needs to be locked the fuck away. I almost (yes, I said almost) feel sorry for the loaf's future. Grandmoo won't give that kyd nor its parunts a moment's fucking peace. ranting

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
May 22, 2014
I must be truely evil. I was watching part of some documentary on the 1 year anniversary of an Oklahoma tornado. So I see someone carry a chyld from a leveled home to the safety of it's parent and I feel nothing... but then they show some guy rescuing a small dog from the rubble and.. I bawl my eyes out. Okay... so I feel a bit bad for the kid... but I feel just heartbroken that the poor puppy may have lost it's owner. sheesh!
May 22, 2014
barren4ever

LOL That would be me. You'd be amazed how many old folks like that live here in Floriduh.
May 22, 2014
Ugh. I understand your reaction, starlady. I can handle excited, loud adults. I can avoid and/or bullshit my way through impending-baby announcements. But screaming adults are a no-go...adults should know better than to scream over mundane shit.
May 22, 2014
I could do without 'squealing' on any subject. Have some decorum FFS smile rolling left righteyes2

Squealing reminded me of another 'behavior' that I truly detest - and it's a thing that, as far as I can see - only certain types of women / Breeder Brained Conformist Women - engage in.

- The "Little Clap". Picture a person with their hands held in front of them as if in prayer. And instead of 'regular' / normal "hand clapping" - they just do their "little clap" with their hands held carefully in front of them. Little Twee Finger Claps.

Squees and squeals usually accompany this. Squee, squeal, hair toss, OHMAHGOD! AMEEZEEN! coupled with those Little Tiny Prayer Claps with their hands and arms held close to the chest. Little Girly Claps.

I HATE THIS!

If you wanna clap and yell - CLAP AND YELL!!!

I HATE! that stupid little cutesy poo 'clap'!

smile rolling left righteyes2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login