Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh Busted For Intentional PNA Via Car

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Re: Duh Busted For Intentional PNA Via Car
November 14, 2016
This was outstanding news! Maybe pahrunts will stop torturing their children in this way. Now they can't get away with it, it does make me wonder what new version of SIDS they are going to come up with sad smiley.

"It is better not to look like what you are; it is better to look like a bourgeois woman because then all the doors are open for you and then you can just go and make hell." - Marjane Satrapi
November 14, 2016
The new methods will have something to do with animals, after all, it has worked with African Painted Dogs (but not with gorillas) so I think sharks, pythons, and piranha fish will be next, not to mention the trucks of Kilamanjaro Safari and Kali River Rapids.
November 14, 2016
I'm glad the suffered enough defense failed. It really is idiotic that BNPs try to use that. Imagine if other matters were settled thus?

A pilot gets drunk and crashes their plane. All the other 300 people on board die and the pilot lives. But don't revoke his license, he's suffered enough!

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
November 15, 2016
Most of the commenters on the yahoo version of the story were very suspicious of the moo. All she went on in court about is how he was a great father and how humiliated she was by his sexting to the underage girls.
November 15, 2016
mr. neptune
The new methods will have something to do with animals, after all, it has worked with African Painted Dogs (but not with gorillas) so I think sharks, pythons, and piranha fish will be next, not to mention the trucks of Kilamanjaro Safari and Kali River Rapids.

I resent the hell out of the breeders who've used the Disney parks for their PNAs. The kid who made it past multiple fences and security, all while his parents supposedly didn't know he was missing, and the one who got killed by the fluctuating number of alligators while playing in the "No Swimming" water while his parents watched...those weren't accidents.
November 15, 2016
cfdavep
Most of the commenters on the yahoo version of the story were very suspicious of the moo. All she went on in court about is how he was a great father and how humiliated she was by his sexting to the underage girls.

What? Nothing about her son? So much for not knowing real love until she had a child. One would think she would at least put some effort into pretending to giving a shit about her kid, but she can't even do that it seems. Not that anyone would dare to question her. After all, the poor thing suffered enough. She'll move onto the next wallet and crank out a replacement loaf, and hopefully that one won't end up roasting in a car/drowning in a bucket of water/scarfing down an entire bag of laundry pods/drowning in some unfortunate neighbour's pool/falling into a tiger cage or various other creative ways she can off her kid and get away with it. Or for the sake of any potential future loaves - 'cause you know this class act will get busy trying to pop another one out, we can only hope her uterus falls out.
November 15, 2016
addiea raine
This was outstanding news! Maybe pahrunts will stop torturing their children in this way. Now they can't get away with it, it does make me wonder what new version of SIDS they are going to come up with sad smiley.

I've always wondered why they haven't tried more subtle approaches, say with every day common items so it wouldn't be as obvious? Even the safest household cleaners and some spices, etc. can make you really sick in even small amounts, for one. I don't know if that is true though. Maybe there is more than meets the eye to those pod stories. Or maybe they do this stuff already and court decides they've suffered enough.
December 05, 2016
BBC News

Life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

Good and too lenient. Hope Bubba shows you as much compassion as you did to Cooper.
Georgia duh in car heat death guilty
December 05, 2016
google it. appears to be just in. the linky was too long.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 05, 2016
Looks like former Duh might have trouble sexting sweet young things while in prison, but who knows? He will be on the low end of the totem pole now.
Re: Georgia duh in car heat death guilty
December 05, 2016
twocents
google it. appears to be just in. the linky was too long.

Imma post many because this makes me tap dance for joy. Parenting makes you a better person doesn't it lurking duhs!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/man-convicted-in-sons-hot-car-death-gets-life-no-parole/ar-AAlaXfF?li=BBnbfcL

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/05/us/justin-ross-harris-sentence/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/justin-ross-harris-sentenced-life-parole-sons-hot/story?id=43980462

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/hot-cars-and-kids/georgia-dad-justin-ross-harris-sentenced-life-son-s-hot-n692086

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/05/georgia-man-convicted-murder-in-hot-car-death-to-be-sentenced.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/justin-ross-harris-sentenced-in-sons-hot-car-death/

http://www.univision.com/noticias/crimenes/condenan-a-cadena-perpetua-a-hombre-que-dejo-morir-a-su-hijo-de-calor-dentro-de-su-auto

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ga-man-convicted-murder-hot-car-death-sentenced-article-1.2899174

cj
Looks like former Duh might have trouble sexting sweet young things while in prison, but who knows? He will be on the low end of the totem pole now.

Oh, he will be so low he won't even BE on the totem pole if they put him in with the general population....which is why certain criminals (those who molest/kill kids, for example) are kept separate from the general population inside. I say put 'em in with the general pop, and see what happens. They often wind up being assaulted, tormented, or shanked.
December 06, 2016
randomcfchick
cj

Oh, he will be so low he won't even BE on the totem pole if they put him in with the general population....which is why certain criminals (those who molest/kill kids, for example) are kept separate from the general population inside. I say put 'em in with the general pop, and see what happens. They often wind up being assaulted, tormented, or shanked.

I've seen this opinion on this board a lot but I don't get it.

I don't believe that killing a child is worse than killing an adult. The adult, after all, is able to comprehend and fear death, and thus suffers at an additional level. I don't understand why so many people want someone who kills a child to suffer a more severe punishment than someone who kills an adult. I'm aware that society (and thus most prisoners) tend to hold the child in higher regard, but why is that the norm here as well?
December 06, 2016
"I don't believe that killing a child is worse than killing an adult. The adult, after all, is able to comprehend and fear death, and thus suffers at an additional level. I don't understand why so many people want someone who kills a child to suffer a more severe punishment than someone who kills an adult. I'm aware that society (and thus most prisoners) tend to hold the child in higher regard, but why is that the norm here as well?"

I wonder that also. I think society sees kids as inherently good, little angels who can do no wrong and jaded people need to believe that. I have found that the worst people out there are the ones who go on the most about how innocent are the children
December 06, 2016
@yurble

I agree that offing kids is no worse than killing an adult, and, as you said, is actually not as bad, because the kids don't understand mortality in the same way that an adult does. My guess is that most people think it I worse because most people breed and they tend to sympathize more with the parents because they are parents. People tend to like people like themselves. My guess is the prisoners who torment prisoners for hurting kids have kids themselves.

Lock him up or put him down.
Stolen from Shiny.
December 06, 2016
Maybe there's some desire for one to take the fall for all those who get away with "they've suffered enough"? If children were viewed as people instead of property most of the time when it comes to punishing breeders, it would be less of a pleasure to see them get what they deserve. shrug At least that is why I like to see breeders found guilty, although I don't want them to get additional punishment because I feel like that perpetuates the elevation of children over adults.
December 06, 2016
I think in this case it is just. The kid in this case was completely defenseless, and the moo is not blameless either. She got off easy. He got what he deserved, and now "forgetting kid in hot car" aka the new SIDS will have to be retired as PNA of choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 06, 2016
yurble
Maybe there's some desire for one to take the fall for all those who get away with "they've suffered enough"? If children were viewed as people instead of property most of the time when it comes to punishing breeders, it would be less of a pleasure to see them get what they deserve. shrug At least that is why I like to see breeders found guilty, although I don't want them to get additional punishment because I feel like that perpetuates the elevation of children over adults.

Wanting payback for other victims is one. For me, and sure some others, being on the receiving end of abuse brings a high degree of empathy for those who die from it. Also having been on far to many cases with dead adults and children any victory over a killer is to be celebrated.

One cultural thing here is though this case took place in Georgia, in the deep South. The fact he did not get capital punishment means he actually got a favorable outcome. Hr got less than if he had murdered an adult the same way. Some of the other riders on his sentence come from his online activities with an underage girl.

Once his Duh is in jail, Bubba will do him in.
December 08, 2016
i may not like kids, but doing them in that way is horrid.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 08, 2016
yurble

My opinion is somewhat situational. If it's something where everyone involved--kids, elders, adults--all suffered/died/whatever, then I don't see the kids' suffering/death as any worse than the suffering or death of others. Take a plane crash or bus accident or whatever. People are injured or killed, it's a horrific situation--but the kids' deaths aren't instantly more tragic. Or if a kid breaks their leg skiiing--that's not automatically worse than an adult breaking their leg.

But situations where someone vulnerable is abused, exploited, or killed by the one they put trust in--I see that as slightly different. Child and elder abuse makes me ragey. Kids and elders are in a position where they put trust in their caretakers and sometimes aren't able to advocate for themselves if they are hurt or endangered. I don't see it as elevating the kids' status over the adults; I see it as holding the parents responsible for their actions in a situation where they held all the power, and they abused that power (and that kid).

Part of my own bias comes from having worked with children who suffered at the hands of their parents...people who really should not have bred at all. So the "they suffered enough" excuse is infuriating.
December 08, 2016
randomcfchick

My opinion is somewhat situational. If it's something where everyone involved--kids, elders, adults--all suffered/died/whatever, then I don't see the kids' suffering/death as any worse than the suffering or death of others. Take a plane crash or bus accident or whatever. People are injured or killed, it's a horrific situation--but the kids' deaths aren't instantly more tragic. Or if a kid breaks their leg skiiing--that's not automatically worse than an adult breaking their leg.

But situations where someone vulnerable is abused, exploited, or killed by the one they put trust in--I see that as slightly different. Child and elder abuse makes me ragey. Kids and elders are in a position where they put trust in their caretakers and sometimes aren't able to advocate for themselves if they are hurt or endangered. I don't see it as elevating the kids' status over the adults; I see it as holding the parents responsible for their actions in a situation where they held all the power, and they abused that power (and that kid).

Part of my own bias comes from having worked with children who suffered at the hands of their parents...people who really should not have bred at all. So the "they suffered enough" excuse is infuriating.

randomcfchick hits the nails on their heads.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 09, 2016
randomcfchick
yurble

Exactly my stance.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 10, 2016
Veering off-topic, but I think the concept of jailhouse justice is largely fiction; why would a prisoner want to add time to his sentence without a personal reason to attack another inmate?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 10, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Veering off-topic, but I think the concept of jailhouse justice is largely fiction; why would a prisoner want to add time to his sentence without a personal reason to attack another inmate?

My understanding through second-hand information from previously jailed clients and my education with young offenders is that there is a strong "pecking order" in jail /prison.
As a prisoner your own status, basic needs (food, hygiene, blankets), safety and maybe even life depend on the continuity of participating in the pecking order.
If you are not a victimizer to those prisoners rated as "lesser" you are targeted to be a victim.
Many of the officials are aware of this and let it happen.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-common-is-jail-house-justice-really.2775015/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login