Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zooey says not all women are dying to give birth

Posted by selidororous 
Zooey says not all women are dying to give birth
July 12, 2014
Smart woman:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/09/zooey-deschanel-woman-dying-to-give-birth-instyle_n_5570657.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

'Like every woman is dying to give birth! I don’t think so. Nobody asks guys that,' she says, gaining steam. 'And you go into a supermarket and every tabloid is like, ‘Pregnant and Alone!’ Stuck in the 1950s ideal of how a woman should live her life. This brings out the fiery feminist in me,' she pronounces.
Re: Zooey says not all women are dying to give birth
July 12, 2014
Almost all of the comments are supportive and pro-CF too. Even the comments from people who do have/want kids themselves.
July 12, 2014
'...With a hit television series, capsule collection for Tommy Hilfiger, an upcoming album, a successful website and three upcoming films, we'd say there's no room on Deschanel's plate for baby food. Perhaps, one fine day, people will stop asking when there might be."

Why does there always have to be a reason for not having kids like we're too busy with a career, haven't found the right man yet, haven't grown up yet, can't afford it, not stable with a home, money etc......Even within a good article like this someone just HAS to point out perhaps Zooey just has too much on her plate. I could be marooned for life on a deserted island along with the love of my life, ZERO responsibilities, unlimited food sources like fresh fruit and fish, a gorgeous natural shelter inside a cave with ancient paintings and drawings as art, no bills to pay, and no worries, but I STILL wouldn't want to shit a loaf! I'd be practicing the rhythm method religiously until I was well past menopause. Whenever someone finally discovered our remains they'd also find an entire wall of the cave covered in decades of calendars with monthly cycles charted and certain days etched with a huge X.. They damned sure wouldn't find loaf bones alongside us with a bunch of petrified berries.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 12, 2014
Well, good for her, for helping give us more of a mainstream voice. I wasn't even aware that she was CF.

Deschanel's words ring true in a culture that tends to view childfree women of a certain age as sad victims of circumstance rather than individuals making a valid choice.

That's what always gets me about this. The idea that there must be some kind of circumstance that is preventing us from getting inpig. As if it is that difficult to get knocked up. Any one of us -- minus those lucky enough to be infertile -- could have put ourselves in the same place as teen moo, getting knocked up in HS; or as single moo with 5 different baybee-daddies. We simple chose not to.

I know moos like to portray pignancy and chyld-birth as some kind of miraculous event, but, it's all pretty commonplace and mundane. The vast majority of us women here could get knocked up tomorrow, if we chose to.
July 12, 2014
It's good to see she vocal about about not breeding. I know I really hated her sister Emily for ruining Bones with her own breeder agenda, like she does with her vegetarian comments on the show. Originally Brennan said she was never having kids, then, all of a sudden, she decides she just HAS to breed. Pffft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
July 12, 2014
Dingo8YourBaby
It's good to see she vocal about about not breeding. I know I really hated her sister Emily for ruining Bones with her own breeder agenda.

I know, right? After the baby rabies the show got so boring. I stopped watching.

I didn't know Zoey was CF. I kinda like her in New Girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login