Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First encounter with shitty parents at work.

Posted by catharsist 
First encounter with shitty parents at work.
July 18, 2014
Okay, so I had the worst experience of shitty parents in a restaurant to date. I seat people where I work so keeping tables free and clean are musts. Now enter these two parents with a boy and a girl (typical nuclear fam). Now the mom was fairly put together, dad looked aged beyond his years which is mostly to be expected, but the little boy was dirty as I'll get out and the girl looked like she would win gold for her crazy homeless princess look. So I greatly hated the thought of seating them in my friend's section but hey, I didn't want to seat them ANYWHERE.

Seriously, the two parents made the kids sit on the inside of the booth which was great except it did nothing what so fucking ever. The boy was crawling over into the booth behind them using the MOTHER as a step ladder, I was just getting menus and Jesus I had to stop and stare. The girl crawls under the table and goes towards the booth with the boy in it. I sincerely was hoping that the parents would get them. But if course that would be WAY too logical. Both the kids started running around the restaurant and bumping into patrons trying to enjoy their meal.

I debated going to the manager but pretty much all of them have kids so I would be fucked if I got the stink eye over common sense in public. Finally after that they fucking left, the kids went out way before them (I secretly hoped they would go play in traffic) and mommy and daddy casually strolled out arm in arm like it was six years ago.

Attention breeders: GO BACK TO CHUCK E CHEESE AND LET THE ADULTS ENJOY THEIR *expensive* DINNER! GODDAMMIT I HATE THEIR DISRESPECTFUL ILK! :sbx

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
Re: First encounter with shitty parents at work.
July 18, 2014
No one asked to be seated elsewhere?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 18, 2014
craftyzits
No one asked to be seated elsewhere?

The other people where already there by the time moomie and friends left. It was a slow day so no one else came in while the kids were there. It just pissed me off. The others that were eating were also elderly people (knowing their track record for lurving kids) and no one said anything to me about moving. I'm just so riled up about the utter disrespect that these people had.
July 19, 2014
That's so disgusting that the other patrons just sat there and allowed those fucking brats to climb all over their booths. Nobody yelled at the kyds and nobody called out loudly for a manager. WTF.
July 19, 2014
night owl
That's so disgusting that the other patrons just sat there and allowed those fucking brats to climb all over their booths. Nobody yelled at the kyds and nobody called out loudly for a manager. WTF.

No one was in the booth they were climbing into. It was just appalling that the parents were allowing them to do it. They were bothering patrons who were sitting at tables, not at booths. I'm working on like... No sleep so I'm sorry if it's confusing.
July 20, 2014
A slow day at the restaurant is an opportune time for you to try out a little diddy I did once when I was a manager of a famblee dining place many years ago. Hide around the corner of a booth where you are unlikely to be seen by anyone, but it has to be in the path of the brats OR you can peek around the edge and coax them over there if necessary. Then, crouch down on all fours, flipping your hair in your face, and as soon as the little fucker rounds the corner then pounce out at it, growl, and use your hand at them like claws. Then, get up and brush yourself off, start walking the floor again, and giggle your ass off to yourself as the brat nestles up to it's Moo the rest of the time. Believe me, he won't leave her side. Then, just for added fun, every time you pass by the table and are sure no one else is looking, bare your teeth at it as you walk by.:bawl

I got this idea off of the Mel Brooks movie, "High Anxiety". If anyone remembers it's the scene where Harvey Korman is playing the psychiatrist and behind the back of the real psychiatrist, is making Werewolf gestures using plastic fangs and otherwise causing the patient to freak out and appear crazy, as he continues on as if everything was normal. I actually still do the "Werewolf" thing to wailing kids at the grocery store. It shuts them right up because they're both horrified and preoccupied with something other than wailingbouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 20, 2014
kidlesskim
A slow day at the restaurant is an opportune time for you to try out a little diddy I did once when I was a manager of a famblee dining place many years ago. Hide around the corner of a booth where you are unlikely to be seen by anyone, but it has to be in the path of the brats OR you can peek around the edge and coax them over there if necessary. Then, crouch down on all fours, flipping your hair in your face, and as soon as the little fucker rounds the corner then pounce out at it, growl, and use your hand at them like claws. Then, get up and brush yourself off, start walking the floor again, and giggle your ass off to yourself as the brat nestles up to it's Moo the rest of the time. Believe me, he won't leave her side. Then, just for added fun, every time you pass by the table and are sure no one else is looking, bare your teeth at it as you walk by.:bawl

I got this idea off of the Mel Brooks movie, "High Anxiety". If anyone remembers it's the scene where Harvey Korman is playing the psychiatrist and behind the back of the real psychiatrist, is making Werewolf gestures using plastic fangs and otherwise causing the patient to freak out and appear crazy, as he continues on as if everything was normal. I actually still do the "Werewolf" thing to wailing kids at the grocery store. It shuts them right up because they're both horrified and preoccupied with something other than wailingbouncing and laughing

That pretty hilarious! I might want to try that, but I need to work on my stealth first. Apparently, I was just spoiled when I was bitching about the experience above. A friend of mine who is a server just told me the most infuriating story imaginable. A woman brought what appeared to be a six week old baby (like shat fresh from the vagina, probably still had some shit on it) to our establishment. It proceeded to start throwing up and instead of, you know, doing the parent thing and trying to either catch/clean it up... She leaned the baby over our CARPET and let it vomit all over the floor.

And you know what happened next?

Guess! GUESS!

She did not do a damn fucking thing and just kept staring at it and then looking at my friend like "this is YOUR problem". He was like.. "I would have loved to quit right there". Can't say I don't fucking blame him.

1.) that poor baby, why do you have it out and about when it is so ridiculously young? sad smiley
2.) that woman is a cuntbag of the highest order, and I hope that she gets a staph infection or leprousy for being such a total asshole to both baby and server friend. Fuck. You. You. Bitch.
July 20, 2014
This is in the top three reasons I keep away from twat droppings. They are liable to hurl without warning. That gross moo should be made to pay for professional cleaning. She could have used burping rag or diaper to catch that exorcism fluid.two faces puking :satan Our parents were geniuses dealing with the stuff: newspapers, towels, etc. I wish air-sickness bags were sold everywhere. I always keep a trash can nearby when I go to sleep, just in case. Part and parcel of the phobia I have been living with since 6 years old.
July 20, 2014
catharsist
kidlesskim

That pretty hilarious! I might want to try that, but I need to work on my stealth first. Apparently, I was just spoiled when I was bitching about the experience above. A friend of mine who is a server just told me the most infuriating story imaginable. A woman brought what appeared to be a six week old baby (like shat fresh from the vagina, probably still had some shit on it) to our establishment. It proceeded to start throwing up and instead of, you know, doing the parent thing and trying to either catch/clean it up... She leaned the baby over our CARPET and let it vomit all over the floor.

And you know what happened next?

Guess! GUESS!

She did not do a damn fucking thing and just kept staring at it and then looking at my friend like "this is YOUR problem". He was like.. "I would have loved to quit right there". Can't say I don't fucking blame him.

1.) that poor baby, why do you have it out and about when it is so ridiculously young? sad smiley
2.) that woman is a cuntbag of the highest order, and I hope that she gets a staph infection or leprousy for being such a total asshole to both baby and server friend. Fuck. You. You. Bitch.

I would love to mention that there is a whooping cough outbreak or measles outbreak in town to some cow towing a freshling out like that. Then again, your restaurant is probably cleaner than a surgical room compared to her house!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login