Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Malaysian Flight 17 passengers, in order of importance

Posted by Anonymous User 
Zzelda

The same for the current Israeli / Palestine conflicts. Little Babies! Died on the beach! Of course it's horrifically bad! No one disputes that. And senseless. But plenty of others died and were hurt too - the unseemly thing here, and in any of this is - they *play up* the children. It's sensationalist and crass to me. Plenty of it is done to fear monger and spin up political agendas too.

I agree they almost always do it to sensationalize, but I also give the media a little bit of a pass on the Israeli/Palestinian conflict because a major issue is whether the Israelis are targeting civilians, rather than the actual Hamas fighters. Since it hasn't been reported that anyone's using child soldiers, it makes it pretty clear that civilians are being targeted when grossly disproportionate numbers of children and women are killed. This is a major violation of international humanitarian law, so I don't get as annoyed in this specific situation. Everything else, though, annoys me to no end.
Re: Malaysian Flight 17 passengers, in order of importance
July 22, 2014
I know how annoyed we get by the "as a mom" statements. Forgive me for using something similar.
As a former flight attendant, I am saddened all crew members died doing their job. They had friends, siblings, and many people in their lives. They mattered. Without them, that plane couldn't have left the ground. I have a dear friend who worked as a pilot for them. He quit four years ago. Everybody, even the mean ones like me, have loved ones who care about them.sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login