Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids and Phonesangry smiley

Posted by kidlesskim 
Kids and Phonesangry smiley
July 20, 2014
Why Do Ten Year Olds Need Cell Phones?
This has GOT to be one of the more ridiculous kid related annoying things of the century. My 11 y/o nephew likes to text, make or answer calls to classmates during famblee meals, and play games on his. My 15 y/o niece can't go ANYWHERE without hers and it's generally stuck to the side of her head. It's impossible to go to the store or out to eat, or anywhere for that matter, without seeing a kid yapping, texting updates or uploading pics to FaceBooger, or snapping selfies at every stage of their shopping or dining ventureshrug

WHY Do Moos Allow Toddlers to Answer the Phone?
If I call someone and a toddler answers and an adult doesn't immediately pick up the phone, I no longer try to reason with it like, "Is your mommy home?", etc.....I just HANG UP. This happens when I return calls to locally owned businesses in my area who left messages seeking our business services, when I call friends or family, and on occasion when I have called a business to inquire about prices or services they offer. One company in particular allows her grandkids to answer the business phone on a regular basis. In the background you can hear her saying, "Who's calling Maw-Maw? Ask them who it is Shitford!". Shitford is THREE, I won't be communicating any information via Shitford, I AM sorry.:headbrick

When Mom is in the Phone, a Kid's Needs Automatically Increase Exponentially
The first thing I find out when I call my sister is if her kids are home. If they are, I will say, "Oh, you're busy, I'll call back later". Otherwise, they will continuously SEEK her out throughout the house asking questions that demand an immediate response or bringing "problems" to her attention that just can NOT wait. "Maaaaaaawwwwww-M! WHERE is my pink sweater?", "MOM!!!!!!Can I order pizza?", "Maaaawmmmmm! It's MY turn to pick the movie!!!", "Maawwwmmmmmmmm! What time are we leaving tomorrow!?", etc...............Regardless how many times she snaps, "I am on the phone with Aunt Kim!", I can hear them moan as I visualize their disappointment as they sulk and scamper away, only to come back later like a fucking bad penny.

My sister USED to carry on a three way conversation while on the phone with me, spouting out answers to questions and barking out commands mid sentence, until I began abruptly ending the calls.eye rolling smiley

Kids on Voice Mail or Answering Machines
HUGE pet peeve of mine! The main reason it's annoying is they are generally inaudible, so if it's the first time I have called this person I am not certain I have the correct number, especially if it's a business phone. The next reason it's annoying is because it's generally VERY VERY long too. (Imagine toddler baby talk)"Hi dere! You called Joey, Kristy, Lukey, MommyDaddy n Gramgram. We r at zoo, NOOOOOOOOOOO Maaaaaaaawmy says NOOOOOOO, (giggle giggle), can't come to pone leave message, WAAAIIIIITTTTT.................", etc., which is SUCH horse shit...:BS

Putting the Kid on the Phone
I have an aunt who does this with her grand kids, ages 3 and 5. In the middle of a conversation one of the visiting grand kids will happen up, and I am convinced this is an adult version of pestering mom while she's on the phone via my 40 y/o cousin's kid, and just puts them on the fucking phone, "Tell cousin Kim HIIIIIII!". I haven't seen my adult cousin in a decade, so I do NOT even know his toddler or pre schooler, so WHY would I want to say, "HI!" to it? The kid doesn't know who I am either, so WHAT is the point and WHY do they do it? I am guessing they think it's cute and want me to oooh and aah over it, which I don't do, so I don't comprehend the motivation of this nonsense. I also think the adult cousin prompts his kid to do it so his mother will get off the phone faster too and tend to his wants or needs, which is HIGHLY obnoxious. It also could just be my aunt though because she will put her cats on the phone too. :smn

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: Kids and Phonesangry smiley
July 20, 2014
I admit I've had a cell phone since I was 12, but it was because I attended a lot of after-school activities and my parents wanted to be able to reach me easily. However, it was not a fancy phone. It was a very basic (all you could do on it was call and text) hand-me-down phone I inherited from a cousin. I never abused that privilege, though, as I was aware of the proper etiquette when it comes to using a phone. Hell, my ADULT friends sometimes fidget with their phones while we talk, it makes me want to break the damn things into pieces. It's not just a sprog-related issue, sadly.

I completely agree with your stance on toadlers answering the phone and/or voice mail or being put on the phone without the other person asking to hear from them. It's just another form of babystalking.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
July 20, 2014
I'm LMFAO here, because,yesterday I met up with a friend who has a toadler, and she was whinging about the exact same thing. Toadler will play quite happily by himself at home or if she takes him to her favourite cafe where they have a play area and trainset for kids. We went there yesterday and because Mummy was trying to have a conversation with her friend, suddenly Toadler was too afraid to play with the other kids, he was thirsty, hungry, needed the toilet....and apparently he pulls the same shit if she needs to make a phone call, whining,crying, pulling at her clothes etc. Kids are devious little fucks, basically. :complaining about a brat

Putting kids on the phone is another pet hate of mine because I find most kids voices annoying, firstly, but also, because when I was a kid myself I hated that shit. I didn't like to be forced to speak to people I didn't want to speak to or didn't know what to say to. I was usually busy reading, playing or some shit, and I just wasn't an attention whoring chyld, or maybe I hadn't been conditioned to be, but most kyds these,days NEED to be the centre of attention and need everyone to pander to it. One of my acquaintances has quite a quiet, shy kid, and she's forever worrying that the kid isn't outgoing enough, but I think having a quiet kid should be a goddamned blessing. Leave the kid alone and quit forcing her to be something she's not.

As for brats with mobiles, well the only good thing I can say for them is it shuts them up and if they're sat texting or playing some stupid game at the,restaurant, they're not.yelling, running round or talking utter bollocks in loud voices. Of course, would have been better if their parunts had taught them how to sit still and make intelligent conversation at a normal decibel level, but that's too much for most breeders, so at least the gadgets mean I don't have to listen to their kids "expressing themselves" while I'm trying to have a nice meal.
July 20, 2014
kidlesskim
It also could just be my aunt though because she will put her cats on the phone too. :smn

I would much rather "talk" on the phone to a cat, or dog, than a kyd, though. waving hellolarious
July 20, 2014
cfchevygirl
kidlesskim
It also could just be my aunt though because she will put her cats on the phone too. :smn

I would much rather "talk" on the phone to a cat, or dog, than a kyd, though. waving hellolarious

Amen! Talking to kids is so fucking awkward for both parties. Like anything involving children, the ONLY one getting off on it is Moo.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 20, 2014
"Heh-woe?"

Can I talk to your mom or dad?

"silence . . . silence . . . phlegm-y breathing"

Oh fuck it. Your idiot parent can call me back. Buh-bye.
July 20, 2014
When I was very young I had a deep voice, and people treated me as an adult from a very young age when they got me on the phone from age 9 on.

My poor elder sister was in her mid to late teens, high soprano voice. She was always being asked to get "her parent or elder sister", and sometimes resorted to handing the phone to me when we were up to no good.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 21, 2014
^ Same thing happens to my best friend. She still gets the "is there anyone older around" thing and she's approaching 30.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
July 21, 2014
barbur
"Heh-woe?"

Can I talk to your mom or dad?

"silence . . . silence . . . phlegm-y breathing"

Oh fuck it. Your idiot parent can call me back. Buh-bye.

Those kids sound like Elmer Fudd on bad drugs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login