Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Childrens Fund

Posted by highwayman 
Childrens Fund
July 20, 2014
OK I know most of you are familiar with grocery stores asking to give your change to some child related bullshit. But today I was is a "Bargain Outlet" type store. I get to the checkout and the guy asks" Do you want to donate a dollar to the Children s Fund?" OK now I had to have some fun, so I asked What is the organization? He couldn't tell me! He said some crap about hungry kids. Wow! So I said no! and he rang up my stuff! Now the next idiot comes up and when asked the same question, says" Of course! we are all in this world together! To which I replied "I would give but I need it for the lottery machine, which i promptly did. I do that all the time and you wouldn't believe the looks of disgust I've gotten.
1. I'm child free, work my ass off, in a bargain store, why should I give money to some asshole who had brats they couldn't afford?
2. No kids in america are starving! My taxes take care of these brats from cradle to grave. Cant feed em , then don't breed em
3. And when you try the guilt trip at the checkout with me, expect me to go throw that dollar in the lotto machine, because at least i have at least a astronomical chance of good coming from it!
4. And finally! who really benefits from this crap? I'm sure 1% goes to starving brats, and 99% goes to the corporations who own these stores.
I strongly believe that Lotto ticket I bought has to have extra special karma and must be a winner!
Re: Childrens Fund
July 20, 2014
waving hellolarious
July 20, 2014
rudegubmintworker
waving hellolarious

waving hellolarious Did it win!?
July 21, 2014
The only exclusively children-related charity I'd give to would be something along the lines of "Send birth control to Africa" or "Help girls' education in (insert Middle Eastern/African country here)". Oh, boyfriend and I do donate, don't get me wrong. We donate money to the local cat shelter (I'm thinking of volunteering too when I have time) and I donate stuff that I no longer need to a local thrift shop that helps out people harder to employ (such as the elderly and immigrants without enough education).

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
July 21, 2014
I loathe "for the chyldren" campaigns at check out counters, with a purple passion. I really don't want to be asked to contribute to ANYTHING while I am paying for something else. I really hate that, "check this box and help a needy famblee pay it's electric, gas, water, bill.." etc....that's become so popular on utility bills too. IF I want to donate to a charity I will and I don't need to be pestered and have them attempt to shame me when I say no, which I ALWAYS do. I don't mind it when charities set up tables at the grocery store and peddle their wares because it gives people the opportunity to go up to the table on their on or walk on by. That, and you get something in return for the "donation" too. I wish stores wouldn't allow the approach the customer technique at all like with scout cookies and school popcorn.thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 21, 2014
The only thing I donate to when it comes to humans is buying a bag of groceries for the shelter. The local supermarket bags up food items and you can buy the bag and they send it to the shelter. I don't give money to people but if I see someone begging I will go and buy them some food. That way I know they have what they need.
July 21, 2014
I refuse to donate to ANY child charity. Kids get free breakfast, lunch, SNAP, WIC, section 8 housing, food pantry food, and anything else they need basically free. In my state, they automatically get free health insurance and free eyeglasses, if they need them. Lately, you also have free prom dress giveaways. Is there anything that parents have to pay for??

Considering how most parents think of the CF, why should I give them anything I earned? They get enough for free. They can't have mine.
July 21, 2014
I'm with Peace. Kids already get plenty of handouts via government programs and probably receive the bulk of voluntary charity as well. On top of all of the freebies they're STILL hungry? How is that even possible, unless the parents are neglecting their sprogs, in which case they should be investigated by CPS.
July 21, 2014
Ketchup
On top of all of the freebies they're STILL hungry? How is that even possible, unless the parents are neglecting their sprogs, in which case they should be investigated by CPS.

Or there's government theft going on and the kids aren't getting what the public are being told. *shrugs* Even office supplies can get snatched so why not food be redirected elsewhere?

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
July 21, 2014
I tend to direct my charitable contributions toward living beings who have little/no control over their own circumstances and cannot advocate for themselves. Which means that 99.9% of my money goes for animal welfare. Sometimes, in the instance of what other people have pointed out: victims of oppressive cultures, I give. Otherwise, the way I view it is most humans cause their own misery. You breed kids you can't afford, you knowingly put yourself into situations that will result in diminished circumstances - well, sorry, I'll need a compelling reason to part with my hard earned cash.
July 22, 2014
I only donate to planned parenthood and amnesty international. Period.
July 22, 2014
Whenever possible, I donate to animal charities and sometimes I'll give to the disabled man who sits by the grocery store. He is really on hard times. I donate my gently used clothes to my local women's shelter.
As far as da chyllldrun, they have waaayyyy too many charities already, and people donate to them all the time.

Hungry kyds? GMAFB. There are way too many programs in place for breeders and sprogs already. They don't have to go hungry. They don't have to be without shelter, clothes, food, and medical is already taken care of for them. There is no reason why I should donate to any kyds' charities, because they get it all through government freebies and handouts already.
July 22, 2014
I give mostly to small private animal shelters, or individual situations where some pet needs surgery. Also an organization that helps in bringing pets soldiers get attached to in Afghanistan/ Iraq. If there was a charity that provided low cost spay/neuter for humans, I'd give them a few bucks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login