Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mentoring session at work turns into "how being a moo changed me for the better"

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Had a session with my coach/mentor at work today. Normally I quite like her, she can be quite funny, but today she seriously misjudged her audience!

We were talking about going out of your comfort zone and overcoming hurdles etc, this is my first proper HR job and I have a project management background so it is very different,and I'm very used to just getting things done with no fuss, not all this touchy feely stuff. So then she starts with the "well, when I had my kid, I went so far out of my comfort zone, let me tell you" and proceeded to tell me about how her "personal challenges" had been to be able to go from her previous, very self centred lifestyle, to putting the kid at the centre of everything and considering another human being before herself, yada yada PMYABP.

She then proceeds to try and empathise with me and say she had "some rough edges" that needed smoothing but that when she became a moo, it all clicked, and there's nothing like having kids to increase your resilience and ability to cope with juggling many things at once etc.

I just wanted to get out of there - so, my solution to my career issues right now is what, breed, in the hope that it changes me for the better?! What the actual fuckety fuck?!

Having seen most breeders in action, I can certainly say that having a brat does NOT in most cases make you better at your job. All that happens is that the kid now comes before your job, and the rest of us without kids pick up the pieces! This particular woman does appear to be pretty good at her job, I will say, and not a typical come in late leave early moo, but she does have to bring her kid into fucking everything, and whether or not I have kids, or plan to have them, is nothing to do with my career trajectory! angry flipping off
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login