Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restaurant in Monterey bans children and I love itthumbs upwink

Posted by Anonymous User 
This restaurant owner is my new hero... for not only banning the little pests but for sticking to it, and if people don't like it they can "find a place more suitable..."

If I lived closer, I'd eat there as my weekly treat. I may get to Monterey soon as a weekend trip, and if so I will be sure to patronize that business and tell them WHY. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou bowing

Linky
Re: Restaurant in Monterey bans children and I love itthumbs upwink
July 30, 2014
I love that they are getting a lot of support in the comments. Also, I don't really think Monterey is a family vacation destination. Yeah, the aquarium is there, but it's a nice aquarium that isn't kindercrapped out like some places I've seen. They do a lot of research there. Anyway, Monterey is expensive, there's golf there, it doesn't really scream shitty beaches for your famblee to pollute with potato-chip bags and dirty diapers.
July 30, 2014
A lot of supportive coments there. Seems that parunts who don't do their job are getting noticed more and more. Great start anyway. Wonder if we'll ever get back to the 'chyldren should be seen and not heard in public' mentality. That's what I grew up with. (yeah..I'm old..LOL) Anyhow.. if I were to make a single sound higher than a low voice that only my parents could hear then I got told to 'keep your voice down' Better believe that I did it because if I didn't... there WAS that ride home in the car..and.. more lectures once I got there.

I would certainly go to this resturant but I doubt I'll every be in Montery. Someone should start a campagne to do this in more places. Doesn't mean the owners hate kids. It means that they respect their patrons.
July 30, 2014
Breeders think everywhere should be a "famblee place", ie the world set up for your convenience so no surprises at the butthurt, but it's good to see the support for the owner.

There is a place to teach good behaviour at the dinner table with kyds and it's called HOME. That's where we learned and we knew damn straight that if we acted up while out we did not get to go to grown up places with nice food. Heck, bad table manners were not allowed at home either!

I can accept that it's not appropriate to take my dog to a fancy restaurant, because he's a bit stinky, hairy and drools a fair bit. Why can't breeders accept this with their kyds?
July 30, 2014
Mooooooooo!!!!!!

Click the above link for the moo stampede on their FB page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
July 30, 2014
I think that's great - and let's get real - what crotchloaf is going to eat the kind of food served there. The lowing Moos and Duhs need to take their brats to Chuck E Cheese
July 30, 2014
A friend of mine posted a link to an article about it on his Fakebook news feed. One of the friend's friends said it is age discrimination, and dished out the BINGO you are not really an adult until you have children to care for.two faces puking
July 31, 2014
"I think it's ridiculous," tourist Teresa Colombani said. "I think kids need to know how to behave in restaurants -- and if you don't take them to them, they don't know how to behave, and they shouldn't be kept hidden away. So I think it's ridiculous. Kids should be allowed in restaurants."

Yes they do need to know, but you teach them that at HOME!! Typical entitlemoo reply. I don't want to hear your brat screaming because they think the whole restaurant need to hear them or running around because you've fed them a whole pile of e-numbers and sugar.

Some great added benefits.

No baby stalking
No udder juicing
No nappy smells

The owner has my custom on my next PCH trip.
July 31, 2014
I left a message over there. Wonderful to see all the people supporting this. Hopefully the idea will spread and we'll finally get to go out for a nice quiet meal.
July 31, 2014
yummynotmummy

I can accept that it's not appropriate to take my dog to a fancy restaurant, because he's a bit stinky, hairy and drools a fair bit. Why can't breeders accept this with their kyds?

At least the dog can help clear the plate and mean less food waste winking smiley
July 31, 2014
Haven't read the fakebook page yet, but some of the comments on the original article were ridiculous. Some idiot(s) trying to make it a civil rights issue; wtf? Being a baybee is somehow equal to being a minority? Except no. A baybee will grow up into an adult and then be able to do those age-restricted things. A person of color is always going to be a person of color. Ridiculous.

As if we don't have age restrictions already; like driving, voting, drinking, etc. The restaurant really isn't saying "no chyldren" explicitly anyways. They're just not providing the ability to bring squalling loafs and rambunctious toddlers by not providing highchairs and not tolerating loud noises. It would seem that when a kyd is able to sit in a seat like a regular person he/she would be allowed to dine there.

That's of course assuming that by the age of 5 or 6 that a parunt has taught the chyld how the fuck to behave in public. I'm assuming the pissiness is from parunts who think it's cyooote that their little crackmonkeys run around the restaurant screeching and shoving their food into other patrons' meals.
July 31, 2014
Offended and Illiterate Duddy Posts:face saying 'error'
"I think I found there(THEIR) new slogan!! "Hate children? wish they were placed in the back of society, where they should never been seen or heard from ever again? Do you believe that a world without children would be far better than a world with them? Well we here at Old Fisherman's Grotto sure do! If you agree, come eat with us! If not, go away" lol" WHY is it ALWAYS people are "Child Haters" when they simply don't want their meal interrupted(or some other offensive thing bad parents allow their kids to do) by a wailing or unruly kid? I am SICK TO DEATH of this "Child Hater" bullshit when anyone calls out bad parenting and/or refuses to put up with it. Like my personal slogan has become on my signature line, "I Don't Hate Your Kids, I HATE YOU!". This horse shit is an excellent example of why I feel that way.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 31, 2014
I really wish more restaurants would have this policy. It would make dining a little nicer. I HATE having to listen to screechy, whiny brats while I'm trying to eat a meal. It completely ruins the experience. I applaud this restaurant for taking a stand against LOUD kyds, and telling breeders that their shriekers are NOT allowed in the dining room.

This is going to cause a boom in their business, especially by desirable customers.
July 31, 2014
I actually saw this sign at the restaurant whilst I was in Monterey at Easter. I did see one small child in there, but she was quiet. The food was excellent though, and it was probably the kind of places bratlings shouldn't have been anyway- quite upscale.
I love how breeders always claim that taking a child to a restaurant is the only way they'll learn to be behave. As if the lessons don't start at home: having the child sit properly in their seat, not allow them to get up for any reason except to go to the bathroom, how to speak quietly, no shrieking or wailing, and the understanding that any ill behavior will be met with swift punishment.

Clearly, given that whenever I go to a restaurant there are children running around, screaming, acting like the restaurant is their personal playground, the breeders aren't teaching their children jackshit in the restaurant either.

Only until children are either banned or breeders get a howler monkey charge on their bill will breeders finally take notice. Children should be seen and not heard. Children are not useful or of any importance in society until they're 16 and can start working, so let's stop pretending that they are.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 31, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
Children are not useful or of any importance in society until they're 16 and can start working, so let's stop pretending that they are.

My sentiments exactly! thumbs upwink

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
August 01, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
I love how breeders always claim that taking a child to a restaurant is the only way they'll learn to be behave. As if the lessons don't start at home: having the child sit properly in their seat, not allow them to get up for any reason except to go to the bathroom, how to speak quietly, no shrieking or wailing, and the understanding that any ill behavior will be met with swift punishment.

Clearly, given that whenever I go to a restaurant there are children running around, screaming, acting like the restaurant is their personal playground, the breeders aren't teaching their children jackshit in the restaurant either.

Only until children are either banned or breeders get a howler monkey charge on their bill will breeders finally take notice. Children should be seen and not heard.

THIS! My parents taught my sister and I to behave AT HOME. When we proved ourselves, we were taken out on trial outings. When we proved ourselves there, we were taken out more often. If we acted up? There would not only be consequences THEN, but we'd lose the privilege to go out for a while. There are PLENTY of family friendly places to take your brats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
August 01, 2014
I wish more restaurants would do this. It's nice to not have to deal with screaming brats while trying to enjoy a meal.

As for learning manners, we learned at home and these kids should do the same.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login