Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Will the Real Child-Free Movement Please Stand Up?"(Spouts a Moo Blogger)confused smiley

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.boston.com/community/moms/blogs/moms_are_talking_about/2010/02/will_the_real_child-free_movem.html?comments=all#aComments

I don't know HOW I missed this when it first was posted on this Moo blog of Erica Noonan back in 2010! The "article" follows with my commentary in red:face saying 'error'

This week's online discussion about an idea as harmless as flat hot dogs (bologna, several witty readers pointed out) brought out a segment of wild-eyed folks who give the child-free movement a bad name. I am guessing someone posted a comment on her Moo blog she didn't like. Oh, why do they call being Child Free a "movement". I hadn't realized we were a "movement". God these women are so stupid. Is being childed a "movement"? shrug

The people on the "Bratfree" chat board (some of their content is objectionable, and their comments about Moms Are Talking About are hostile, so you'll have to Google them on your own) proudly call themselves child-free. Why would anyone need to Google anything since she JUST posted the fucking name of our site?drinking coffee

But that doesn't seem to be their true raison d'etre. They really seem to be about trolling news sites, reposting content, and saying repulsive things about women and children.They call moms "Moos," "breeders," and some other less-friendly names. Yeah, she left out Beefers, Udder Feeders, and Lazy "Stay at Home" and unemployed Moo Bloggersbouncing and laughing

In this forum, news stories where children are injured or killed are showcased as a celebration of natural selection. There is much ranting about breastfeeding in public, and lots of garden variety, badly spelled misogyny. No, not really. More often than not we are chastising bad parenting, murderous parents, or careless parents who ALLOW their kids to die totally unnecessary and horrific deaths, but don't think anyone should get prosecuted because they have, "suffered enough"™. True though. we DO have a problem with Moos whipping out elongated udders to "comfort feed" a toddler in public, especially when they have had dried milk bags for the better part of two years.eye rolling smiley

The Bratfree folks also seem to dislike, in no particular order, taxes, President Obama, and immigration. And mom blogs. They really don't like mom blogs. I don't know where she gets that childfree people as a whole have only one particular political affiliation, but that isn't surprising she thinks that since Moos generally tend to lump all people into neat little groups, unlike us. Let's see, we have Lazy SAHMoos, Wine slugging Moo bloggers who let their kids drown in bathtubs while they play Farmville, sainted religious fundie baby and milk machines with 12 kids whose best recipes include tater tot casserole, the disgruntled martyred working Moo who's pissed her white picket fenced McMansion fantasy didn't pan out, the "flex time" Moo who "works from home" and spends more time on the couch than working OR raising kids, Crunchie Moos, Attachment Parenting hippies, "Child Led" zealots who let their kids shit on airplanes and piss on park benches who belong to the "Diaper Free" Nation,

...Then we have the No Vax nuts, the Intactalactivists, and last but not least, career WIC-Welfare Whores and other irresponsible "Single Mawms" who don't give a damn about the conditions and environment their kids are subjected to on a regular basis or how many different baby daddys they have for their Heinz 57 litters.To round out the Moo Brigade Circus™ we have the druggies and alcoholics who abuse and neglect their kids or allow their potential baby daddy of the month to harm their kids. While there are many more categories of Moo, that's about it in a nutshell.
shrug

They don't have the slightest clue, though, about the folks they loathe so much. Oh, I THINK we do.eye rolling smiley

So, chatboard creeps, FYI: Most people have children because they feel biologically and socially compelled. Not because they think parenthood makes them morally superior, wanted a tax deduction or enjoy wiping backsides and noses. It's generally less of a choice than an inevitability. (Don't believe me? Ask the "Moo" and "breeder" who brought you into the world.) What does she MEAN by, "..It's generally less of a choice than an inevitability?" Perhaps in 1950 that might be true, but now? I don't think so!thumbs updown

Now, the genuinely child-free -- people who have, after great deliberation, managed to resist the suffocating social pressure to produce offspring, are very brave folks. It is way harder to be child-free than child-full in our culture. It's amusing how she grants certain "genuinely child-free" people her seal of approval.waving hellolarious

And adults who wanted children, but made the sacrifice to bypass parenthood so they could better share their spiritual, professional or artistic gifts with all of society -- well, those folks are downright awe-inspiring. The world is richer for them. Oh, yes, the sainted childless martyrs who dedicate their lives to serving the moos and their baby daddyless kids of the world are "okay" with this one too, so I suppose that just leaves us mean child haters she doesn't like:BS

But what about these anonymous internet poseurs, whose, er, gifts, are of a rather subtler nature?Calling people offensive names is not socially redeeming. Neither is making fun of small children or cutting and pasting stuff on a chatboard all day long. Talk about the biggest pot in the kitchen calling the kettle black!bouncing and laughing

But, well, I guess everyone needs a hobby. The rest of us have some have something useful to do. Yeah, like updating a worthless Moo blog while her master's degree gathers dust. Thanks Ms. Moonan for your astute commentary, thoughtful observations, and insightful perspective on the Child-Free "movement". Shuttle yourself back to your own herd now lest you get lost in the wrong pasture and wind up at the Mean Childless Peoples' Slaughter House O' Moo. drinking coffee

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Re: "Will the Real Child-Free Movement Please Stand Up?"(Spouts a Moo Blogger)confused smiley
August 01, 2014
Why would we hate Obama? I am not even in the US, lady.

Yes, most of us dislike bad parenting and the child-centric attitude, including the attitude that everybody must spawn. That is all.
No, you don't have to have children. Children aren't a biological necessity. The only thing you HAVE to do is live till you die. Full stop.

Spam Prevention:
Fu6cK
Indeed drinking coffee

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Breeding is an 'inevitability?' Where the hell has this heifer been since dependable contraception became widely available (including sterilization) and abortion legal and safe? The only thing that was ever 'inevitable' was that one way or the other, I was going to remain childfree.
Well, I don't like Obama, but it doesn't have anything to do with my not having children.
Aww, bless teh mentally challenged moomoo.

Oh the irony of a moo blogger criticising the childfree for spending too much time on the Internet....I suppose we all need a hobby though, moo? At least my habit of frequenting a chat board doesn't take me away from TMJITW though, since I'm CF and don't do anything worthwhile with my existence.

Yet another stupid fucking breeder who missesthe point about the shit we get angry about - like kids being hurt/abused by the people who are meant to protect them, or alternatively kids being allowed to grow up completely out of control by their stupid enabling breeders, and costing the rest of society dearly as a result. I think BloggerMoo would be better directing her outrage at the moo who lets her she-demon torture innocent animals, or the moos who sell their kids for six with pedos. I think those are far more deserving targets of wrath.

The Bratfree folks also seem to dislike, in no particular order, taxes, President Obama, and immigration. And mom blogs. They really don't like mom blogs.

Er, what? Taxes? We dislike breeders using ours to fund their lifestyle choice while we get much less for our much greater contributions, yes. Obama? The US isn't the entire fucking world, living outside it are 6.7 billion people (thanks to breeders). Immigration? We're not the ones who go on about how "our children will be paying your pensions/looking after you when you're old" etc as if letting people from other countries in to fulfil this role would be worse.

What a nasty smear... and what a nasty bunch these breeders are, and all because we don't want to be like them. Can they not see why?
So in her mind, the true CF movement are a bunch of whiny breeder-pleasers who will fawn all over her and her spawn. Okayyyyy....

I also didn't know that we were a movement. I thought that being CF was a lifestyle choice, much like breeding - only way better. grinning smiley
mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob

waving hellolarious popcorn and jerry springer signjerry waving hellolarious popcorn and jerry springer signjerry

thumbs upwink :GOMIIMOG

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!

FYI: Most people have children because they feel biologically and socially compelled.

Yeah, we know this already. I'm personally against creating a being who will suffer and die, let alone for such an insane reason as "feeling compelled to." Serial killers, rapists, and child molesters "feel compelled" to do the horrible shit that they do. What is your point? By your logic, don't get angry at them for being "compelled" to do what they do. I mean, all that matters at the end of the day is how one "feels" right? By your logic, this entire article is more irrelevant and pointless than it already is.

It's generally less of a choice than an inevitability.

Congrats on not taking any responsibility for creating a being who will suffer and die. And congrats on somehow both noticing and forgetting about the social brainwashing you have received from birth and continue to receive. Here's to your future mental growth.

The rest of us have some have something useful to do.

Writing this article was certainly not useful. If we're going to talk about useful activities, here's one for you: Ask yourself why you felt the need to write this article in the way that you did. I'll wait.

P.S. This is a rant board. It's not a childfree documentary. Please practice reading between the lines and reading with an open mind. Such skills will make your life easier. Thanks.

I've heard the names that children call their own mothers these days. If being called a 'cow' or a 'sow' (not called it personally of course but as a simile to all life that suckles its young) is breaking her tender wittle heart, just wait til her kids are 15, 16, 17... and loudly ripping her a new asshole in public every ten minutes over things like the colour of the shoes she bought them or how they don't have enough cellphone minutes right now.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
I voted for Obama because he offended my sensibilities less than the other guys, but I recognize both parties are screwy anyways.

We're all fucking different. We have the conservative CF and the liberals. Some fall in between. As for badly spelled misogyny...WTF? Most of our members here have understandable grammar, unless we purposely mispell words like "chyuuuld" and "baybeee" to mock uneducated breeders.

Dislike immigration? I am a child of immigrants. I can't stand kids or rampant breeding regardless of race and nationality.

I don't consider shitting out child after child useful to society either. Masturbating has more merit.

The people on the "Bratfree" chat board... proudly call themselves child-free.

How is that any worse than proudly calling yourself a Mom/Dad?

They really seem to be about trolling news sites, reposting content, and saying repulsive things about women and children.

Really? And here I thought we were about discussing content and saying repulsive things about repulsive so-called parents and repulsive children.

They call moms "Moos," "breeders," and some other less-friendly names.

You bred, yet calling you a breeder is offensive? Could it be because it makes it sound less magical and amazing? Because it's not. It's really, really not.

In this forum, news stories where children are injured or killed are showcased as a celebration of natural selection.

Quotes, please. And not out of context either. Can you even read, Moo?

There is much ranting about breastfeeding in public, and lots of garden variety, badly spelled misogyny.

Because not celebrating women's capability to receive sperm and squeeze out a baby = misogyny, thumbs upwink
And anyone who totals more than two brain cells could see that most of the bad spelling is intentional. Granted, my spelling is not perfect (and neither is my grammar), but I do a lot better than a lot of moos on teh Internetz, and English is not even my first language.

The Bratfree folks also seem to dislike, in no particular order, taxes, President Obama, and immigration. And mom blogs. They really don't like mom blogs.

I dare to assume that a lot of people (yes, even here) voted for Obama because of the opposing party and their stance on human rights, if nothing else.
Taxes? We pay way more than you do. Most of it goes to your spawn, which we have no relation to or had any say in creating. Is it weird that we don't like that we're financially punished because we didn't make the same choices as you? (Not American, but I also live in a breeder-centric country.)
As for immigration, this immigrant tells you to take your assumptions and kindly shove them up your vasshole.

It's generally less of a choice than an inevitability. (Don't believe me? Ask the "Moo" and "breeder" who brought you into the world.)

With available BC, abortion, adoption agencies and yes, even abstinence, how is it an inevitability? Do you just trip an fall onto an ejaculating dick? Does the fetus magically appear in your body? And, if it's an inevitability, what about those "genuinely childfree" folks you're praising in the next paragraph?
Oh, and by the way - my "breeder" and "Moo" agrees with me on this.

Now, the genuinely child-free -- people who have, after great deliberation, managed to resist the suffocating social pressure to produce offspring, are very brave folks. It is way harder to be child-free than child-full in our culture.

And adults who wanted children, but made the sacrifice to bypass parenthood so they could better share their spiritual, professional or artistic gifts with all of society -- well, those folks are downright awe-inspiring. The world is richer for them.

See, genuinely childfree folks? Moo grants you her approval! As long as you don't go online and say meeeean things about breeder worship and how entitled breeders are, of course.

But what about these anonymous internet poseurs, whose, er, gifts, are of a rather subtler nature?

Yeah, those internet poseurs who, after great deliberation, managed to resist the suffocating social pressure to produce offspring. But they don't worship your spawn, so they don't count.

But, well, I guess everyone needs a hobby. The rest of us have something useful to do.

Yeah, like whine on the internet. Oh, wait...
Besides, almost all of us have jobs and/or are in school. Most of us have hobbies and interests. That's more than I can say about a lot of moos. No, your child is not a hobby, nor is it a job.

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria

This week's online discussion about an idea as harmless as flat hot dogs (bologna, several witty readers pointed out) brought out a segment of wild-eyed folks who give the child-free movement a bad name.

Ah, she must mean The Childfree Life. What a bunch of utter dickholes they are.

Also, what does she mean by "witty"? That's not even close to witty. Clearly her brain's been numbed by constant exposure to larval humans, their incoherent babblings and the televisual benzodiazepine that goes along with them.

The people on the "Bratfree" chat board (some of their content is objectionable, and their comments about Moms Are Talking About are hostile, so you'll have to Google them on your own) proudly call themselves child-free.

Our content is only objectionable if you're a mentally-deficient breeder - like you, I guess.

But that doesn't seem to be their true raison d'etre. They really seem to be about trolling news sites, reposting content, and saying repulsive things about women and children.They call moms "Moos," "breeders," and some other less-friendly names.

Really? Gosh, I always thought this was a rant/support board for harried CFers. And when have we ever trolled news sites?

Oh, and the name calling's just for fun.

In this forum, news stories where children are injured or killed are showcased as a celebration of natural selection.

Can we help it that Darwin was right? Also, I don't recall any posters actually saying they were happy or "celebrating" about a kid dying.

There is much ranting about breastfeeding in public, and lots of garden variety, badly spelled misogyny.

Fuk off get bak in teh kitchin n go mek meh a sammich u hore >:c

Who the hell actually likes taxes? Honestly, talk sense.

Incidentally, I'm British, so I've no real opinion on Obama (except that he was easily preferable to that horse's arse Mitt Romney. *shudder*)

They don't have the slightest clue, though, about the folks they loathe so much.

Yes, we do, sweetheart. We happen to actually notice all the shitty things you and your brats do and are responsible for and how society shamelessly panders to you while we get nothing but dog's abuse.

When pulled up on these and other negative things, you people tend to just do the cognitive equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING."

So, chatboard creeps, FYI: Most people have children because they feel biologically and socially compelled. Not because they think parenthood makes them morally superior, wanted a tax deduction or enjoy wiping backsides and noses. It's generally less of a choice than an inevitability. (Don't believe me? Ask the "Moo" and "breeder" who brought you into the world.)

Huh? Having kids is inevitable? Well, I'm sure the fundies and the extreme right would absolutely love that to be the case but it isn't. What century are you living in?

Thanks for also admitting that most of you reproduce due to biological urges - like an animal with no capacity for reasoning.

I guess the moral superiority, societal adulation and acceptance and tax breaks are just a happy bonus, yes?

Now, the genuinely child-free -- people who have, after great deliberation, managed to resist the suffocating social pressure to produce offspring, are very brave folks. It is way harder to be child-free than child-full in our culture.

That's us, you fucking weirdo. And yes it is hard.

And adults who wanted children, but made the sacrifice to bypass parenthood so they could better share their spiritual, professional or artistic gifts with all of society -- well, those folks are downright awe-inspiring. The world is richer for them.

Ugh, don't give the childless any more attention than they deserve, stupid whining twats.

And what about the childfree people who've chosen to "share their spiritual, professional or artistic gifts with all of society"? They can just go and whistle, can they?

Bitch, you and your ilk don't deserve my weird, unsettling Lovecraftian artwork. *turns nose up*

But what about these anonymous internet poseurs, whose, er, gifts, are of a rather subtler nature? Calling people offensive names is not socially redeeming. Neither is making fun of small children or cutting and pasting stuff on a chatboard all day long.

No, but it does provide a large amount of stress relief.

But, well, I guess everyone needs a hobby. The rest of us have some have something useful to do.

Remember that "moral superiority" thing you were harping on about? Yeah...

Apparently, raising the next generation of prison fodder/welfare wastrels/mindless consumers/oxygen thieves is useful. That's great, Mama, you do that. While you're playing unpaid servant to a tiny, loud, ungrateful dictator, I'll be going to college to do a visual communications course, perfecting my artwork, learning more languages, learning to play an instrument, possibly starting a blog, working on my physical fitness and generally being a scholarly badass.

But no, you carry on.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Strange.

EntitleMooing is a movement.

Helicopter Parunting is a movement.

Child Worshipping is a movement.

Breeders do an incredible amount of projecting....
selidororous
Strange.

EntitleMooing is a movement.

Helicopter Parunting is a movement.

Child Worshipping is a movement.

Breeders do an incredible amount of projecting....

Her whole post read like a pile of...movement.
Wait - this has something to do with a Child Free Movement?

I thought it was a Narc Anon meeting!

grinning smiley
Zzelda
Wait - this has something to do with a Child Free Movement?

I thought it was a Narc Anon meeting!

grinning smiley

Nope it's a n arconon meeting from scientardology, I'm Tom Cruis e

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Wat u mean the aliens no watch this board to get random ass sechs? Me bored now. Bla!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login