Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maybe we should call this 'Child Baited'

Posted by starlady 
Maybe we should call this 'Child Baited'
August 13, 2014
Today I was 'child baited'. Okay.. well... we had this bunch of religious recruiters in the neighborhood today. I usually see them ahead of time and don't answer the door... but today dh and I are busy cleaning the garage and they just came up the driveway. These peple were going around in 2 groups. One, a couple with about a 3 or 4 year old in tow... and the other.. 2 gals and a guy with a she brat about 6 to 7 years old. Ofcourse the kyds are dressed up.. little suit on the boy and fancy dress on the girl. So they expect people to go all gooey over the kyds and listen to the 'Have you found Jeabus' talk. So now.. forget the guys with the pamphlets... let's take snotley and travesty along and people are SURE to open their doors and wallets to us.

So.. they came up our drive and dh ignored them. They spoke to me "would you be interested in (some mission) "
They were all smiles and kind of looking at the kid and then at me like I was supposed to make afuss. Well I did not even LOOK at the 'bait'. I just said straight to the guy "Not interested.....and you better get away because my dh is about to start spraying ant killer in here." (he wasn't but it got rid of them) LOL
Re: Maybe we should call this 'Child Baited'
August 13, 2014
waving hellolarious: hilarious waving hellolarious

I had something similar like that happen to me at work. I interacted with the coworker and completely ignored her kid, not even looking at it.

It gets the message across, doesn't it? smiling smiley
August 13, 2014
I had this same thing happen to me with the same, I believe, "sect" as the OP.

I have a little No Religious Soliciting sign on the door that I printed from another CF Forum. It's basically a smiling couple with a bible in their hands and a big X through the middle.

DH and I live on the top of an old brownstone type building. The stairs terminate at our doorstep. That being said...

One day, I hear someone knocking on the door. I usually know when I'm having company, so I pick up the cover on the peephole and see a young boy, dressed in a suit.

I open the door, and his "buddy", an older gentleman, was standing on the second from the top step. He didn't even have the stones to come ALL THE WAY UP TO MY DOOR to knock. No. Too lazy for that.

I look squarely at the man, and then the child, while pointing to my No Jesus Talkers sign, and inform them that we ARE NOT INTERESTED and that this would be a good time for the young man to learn what NO SOLICITORS means. The kid didn't even have to know how to read, since the notice had little Jesus People on it and a slash through it.

The older man must have thought that anyone, especially a woman, would be so taken by the handsome young boy in his Sunday best!

He thought wrong. APPAWENTWY! (Ugh. That stupid "apparently" kid is from our area and the local news will not stop humping the story)
August 29, 2014
I got one of those years and years ago. The couple with a loaf came to the door and when I cracked it, they literally tried to shove the loaf through the crack in the door to wedge it open.

At the time I was in a nice house in a good area, but I've spent many years in "bad" areas so the door wasn't open wide enough for the loaf's head to fit and it's lower half kind of was thrust through while its head stuck.

Of course, I screamed. "AUGH! What are you doing? Get that thing out of here!"

They KEPT SHOVING IT IN, of course causing it to start screaming from the pressure on its head as I was not moving the door back and my foot was firmly wedged to prevent them from forcing it any further open. They tried to say something about whatever jubuz cult they were from, still pushing the loaf at me. I had to scream at them to get the hell off my property before they de-wedged the loaf's head from my doorway.

They were literally trying to force their way into my home, using their spawn as a noisy battering ram! saying 'wtf'
August 29, 2014
the noodler

He thought wrong. APPAWENTWY! (Ugh. That stupid "apparently" kid is from our area and the local news will not stop humping the story)

(Putting on tinfoil hat) Apparently Channel 16 is secretly owned by minions of Mother Angelica at EWTN and thus is controlled by the attack penguins at Marywood /tinfoil hat

August 29, 2014
bunny
I got one of those years and years ago. The couple with a loaf came to the door and when I cracked it, they literally tried to shove the loaf through the crack in the door to wedge it open.

At the time I was in a nice house in a good area, but I've spent many years in "bad" areas so the door wasn't open wide enough for the loaf's head to fit and it's lower half kind of was thrust through while its head stuck.

They KEPT SHOVING IT IN, of course causing it to start screaming from the pressure on its head as I was not moving the door back and my foot was firmly wedged to prevent them from forcing it any further open. They tried to say something about whatever jubuz cult they were from, still pushing the loaf at me. I had to scream at them to get the hell off my property before they de-wedged the loaf's head from my doorway.

They were literally trying to force their way into my home, using their spawn as a noisy battering ram! saying 'wtf'

Horrendous! doh face

I do hope you called the police.
Not only was that attempted breaking & entering, but pushing a loaf onto you certainly qualifies as "an unwanted touching" AKA assault. In this case, assault with a sped-ley weapon.
August 29, 2014
bunny

I am laughing my ass off at the image of this I have in my head, but I would have called the police. Surely this qualifies as breaking and entering AND chuyld abuse? What if they had inadvertently beheaded the thing? doh face
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login