Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"As A Father Of Daughters"

Posted by alana 
"As A Father Of Daughters"
September 14, 2014
I'm going to think about this every time a parent uses their parental status to lend their personal opinions an air of authority:

As A Father Of Daughters, I Think We Should Treat All Women Like My Daughters
Re: "As A Father Of Daughters"
September 14, 2014
Woooooooow.. This guy totally misses the point of.. Well.. Life.. I think. We don't LIKE paternalistic men telling us how we should behave. Seriously has this guy been living under a pound of nappies or what? I couldn't even click that bullshit. Patriarchy makes me sick. Let me know if I misread this.
September 14, 2014
It's satire (and written by a woman).
September 14, 2014
What a weird piece of "journalism." And wtf kind of name is Stimothy?
September 14, 2014
That was pretty good!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 15, 2014
Okay I read it. It was actually pretty funny! Was this a satire that was aiming at the "I used to do titty magazines and now I have daughters so I feel bad now" guy and how ridiculous that whole thing was? Seems like it.
September 15, 2014
catharsist
Was this a satire that was aiming at the "I used to do titty magazines and now I have daughters so I feel bad now" guy and how ridiculous that whole thing was? Seems like it.

That's how I took it, as a spoof of those ridiculous men who don't see women as humans deserving of respect and dignity until they have daughters and are forced to think of how they'd feel if someone treated those daughters in the same way that they've always treated women. Except that they often go too far in the opposite direction and treat women as children who need a father figure to protect them. Either direction is insulting and degrading.
September 15, 2014
alana
catharsist
Was this a satire that was aiming at the "I used to do titty magazines and now I have daughters so I feel bad now" guy and how ridiculous that whole thing was? Seems like it.

That's how I took it, as a spoof of those ridiculous men who don't see women as humans deserving of respect and dignity until they have daughters and are forced to think of how they'd feel if someone treated those daughters in the same way that they've always treated women. Except that they often go too far in the opposite direction and treat women as children who need a father figure to protect them. Either direction is insulting and degrading.

I agree. I am a goddamned person, regardless of my perceived gender and the infantilization of women is just too gross for words. You would probably like a small documentary called "Codes of Gender" that explores this concept in depth and the grotesque effects it has on society.
September 16, 2014
catharsist
You would probably like a small documentary called "Codes of Gender" that explores this concept in depth and the grotesque effects it has on society.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login