Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I hate being judged because I bring my kid out to scream and cry in public... angry smiley

Posted by catharsist 
Do you hate those people who let their kids tantrum in public and then get pissy when you try to teach them that letting their child do that isn't necessarily socially accepted? Well, here is their headquarters apparently.

Annoying asshole HQ

Can anyone smell the entitlement? And we need these people in office? Yer kiddin' me. :headbrick
Holy shit. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that crap.

I give moos with shrieking kyds the stinkeye, but inside I'm laughing because I know their life is Hell, and I get to go back to my quiet, clean home. bouncing and laughing
mumofsixbirds
Holy shit. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that crap.

I give moos with shrieking kyds the stinkeye, but inside I'm laughing because I know their life is Hell, and I get to go back to my quiet, clean home. bouncing and laughing

I either laugh or at the very least, if I HAVE to deal with them I give a fake "oh you pooooooor thiiing". Lol! Did I mention I'm an ass? waving hellolarious
I noticed how most of the commentators just assume that the disgusted ladies involved don't have kids. Very high odds are, most of those disgusted ladies do have kids, but they didn't (or won't) allow their kids to act like turds in public.

Maybe instead of crying like her little toddler and running to some strangers on Circlejerk, she nuts up and lays down the law on her toddler? I'm not saying to beat it, but simply saying 'No' for a while instead of 'negotiating' like many of these types do, tends to work wonders. Sure it results in dramatic 'extinction burst' behavior (tantrums) for a bit, but after that, the child learns that 'No' means 'No.'
I agree with ineffectmoo that the other woman shouldn't have butted in and told her how to parent.

The other woman should have butted in and told ineffectmoo to stop being such a rude-ass cunt and drag her squalling brat to the car so other people could shop in peace.
I would never butt in and tell someone how to parent, because I would much rather high-tail it out of there. I don't want to deal with toddlers, thus I never had kids. Why the HELL would I want to deal with someone else's??!

I clear out, and often on the inside I am saying, "I have to hear that kid for the next minute (or however long it takes to get away); they were stupid enough to sign up for hearing that kid for years and years! Yay, birth control!". Then I go do something that someone saddled with toddlers can't ever do, like have a long bubble bath, have sex in the middle of the afternoon because it's fun, or walk into my clean, quiet house.
nightfire
I noticed how most of the commentators just assume that the disgusted ladies involved don't have kids. Very high odds are, most of those disgusted ladies do have kids, but they didn't (or won't) allow their kids to act like turds in public.

Maybe instead of crying like her little toddler and running to some strangers on Circlejerk, she nuts up and lays down the law on her toddler? I'm not saying to beat it, but simply saying 'No' for a while instead of 'negotiating' like many of these types do, tends to work wonders. Sure it results in dramatic 'extinction burst' behavior (tantrums) for a bit, but after that, the child learns that 'No' means 'No.'

Very true. My mother thought very little of modern Moos who let their kyds have public meltdowns. We knew better than to do that, since Dad was usually in the vicinity at the same time! smile rolling left righteyes2

It takes a child to raze a village.
randomcfchick
I would never butt in and tell someone how to parent, because I would much rather high-tail it out of there. I don't want to deal with toddlers, thus I never had kids. Why the HELL would I want to deal with someone else's??!

I would high tail it from that zone from a necessity of survival. GAWD, I can't stand that kind of noise. :kill

I know if I was ever trapped (say in a stuck elevator) and subjected to that kind of ear-drilling cacophony, I'd give the mother one warning "make that kid STFU or I'm going to smash its head against the wall." And I'd mean it angry smiley
This is a relatively new thing. When I was a crotchdump back in 1967-68 and toadler in 1969-early 1970's you would be very hard pressed to find ANY mother screaming for tolerance for her kids to behave badly in public. I was a quiet kid and frankly don't recall having any meltdowns in public my mother would be ashamed of then have to drag my ass out of the store and to the car. I'm not that old but our society and it's "parenting" methods have not improved at all.
They let their toddlers tantrum without instilling any discipline and demand society tolerate it. But that's not going to work in the long run. Society will never tolerate a school-aged child or teenager having a tantrum and will judge you for being an ineffective breeder and you'll be wondering why your child is acting like this and dealing with the embarrassment.

Let the toddler run roughshod over you now, it'll be impossible to reverse the behavior later on. Nobody is going to sympathize with the follow-up article that your 7, 10, 13-year old is flipping shit. It doesn't get a cute little euphemism like "meltdown" then.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
I've come the conclusion that toddlers and preschoolers are just sociopathic little creatures, because their brains aren't developed enough yet. I'm surprised any one of us made it to school age without being killed by irritated adults.
randomcfchick
I've come the conclusion that toddlers and preschoolers are just sociopathic little creatures, because their brains aren't developed enough yet. I'm surprised any one of us made it to school age without being killed by irritated adults.

This.

Toddler tantrums happen because the brat learns they work. The second the parents give in, that's it.
The only time I remember screaming in public was when my dumbass parents put me on a plane as a toddler for a trip to Florida which I literally didn't give a shit about. The altitude hurt my ears so much I remember it over 40 years later.
Holier-Than-Thou COW with 65,420 posts!! who clearly is a SAHMoomie with nothing better to do than post all day and all night, wrote THIS:
You know what I do? Just give them a huge smile smiling smiley

Sorry, moomie-high-road, that condescending "kill them with a smile" routine won't work with those of us who won't make eye contact with you. Just get your screaming brat OUT of the store, and stop handing it juice when you know it's just going to throw the juice and then some poor employee making minimum wage has THAT extra task to take care of in addition to all their other duties.

Yeah, you GO, moomie. Mr. T: I pitty tha foold the world 'fail' on flames
yummynotmummy
randomcfchick

This.

Toddler tantrums happen because the brat learns they work. The second the parents give in, that's it.

Really funny story about this actually. I was always a good kid. Seriously, I had no tantrums in public except for one fateful day in krogers when I saw a child flip shit and get a toy they wanted. I immediately started doing it in an attempt to get a toy myself. My mother looked upon me like a beast and asked me if I needed to go to the bathroom. I said NO. She said "I really think you do". She took me into the empty bathroom and BEAT MY ASS SO HARD, I still remember that. My "tantrum phase" started and ended in less than an hour. You know my mom did HER job because it never happened in public again!
First of all, when she got her iced coffee she should've known that the kyd would want one, as well. She should've appeased him with something else, like a chocolate milk. Secondly, he was already angry and upset, and she and her stupid husband just figured that they could strap him into his stroller, and ignore him while they shopped! She and hubby shoud've skipped the shopping excursion for another time, when one could stay home with the kyd, or they could get a sitter. Homestly - don't these people have ANY sense?
gymrat
First of all, when she got her iced coffee she should've known that the kyd would want one, as well. She should've appeased him with something else, like a chocolate milk. Secondly, he was already angry and upset, and she and her stupid husband just figured that they could strap him into his stroller, and ignore him while they shopped! She and hubby shoud've skipped the shopping excursion for another time, when one could stay home with the kyd, or they could get a sitter. Homestly - don't these people have ANY sense?

Having sense isn't in the job description for modern parunt.smile rolling left rightsmile They can do whatever they want with their kyds in tow, and we're all supposed to smile and say "it's just a chyyld!" when the kyds freak out, have a meltdown, etc.

It takes a child to raze a village.
gymrat

Because breeders will bleat about life changing after the baby comes when it's time for udder rubs and the need to feel superior, but that goes out the window when situations arise that really prove that their lives have changed and not for the better. If the kid is just not having it right now, guess the shopping excursion is going to have to be postponed. Expecting everybody to just deal with it because it's a child is A.) a dick move and B.) an excuse that is usually met with contempt anyway, but is also one that has no longevity. You think people will show sympathy when your now 9-year old is having a tantrum and you're not doing anything about it?

YOUR life fucking changes when you shit out a kid. Not mine, not my sister's, not my friends', not the strangers'. YOURS. YOU fucking deal with it. Sucks that you can't just go out with your husband for a coffee and some shopping at your pace, but that's what you signed up for when you had a child. Sucks that you can no longer sit through a movie because the rugrat's attention span is that of a goldfish and is now roaming the aisles and disturbing the other paying patrons, but that's what you signed up for when you had a child. Sucks that date nights and girls' night out now have the added expense of a babysitter and you're bound by the time frame set by said babysitter (so no hanging out until 3AM or just crashing at a friend's pad), but that's what you signed up for when you had a child.

You don't get to have all the Kodak moments, whatever and whenever they may be, but check out when the hard work comes in. You want to talk the talk, but you have to walk the walk.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login