Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wedding reception bingoes

Posted by marco polo 
Wedding reception bingoes
September 26, 2014
I was a groomsman in my friend's wedding at the beginning of the month. While eating dinner at the reception his cousin's wife started talking to me about kids and whatnot. It had been a long day (good, but long) and my blood sugar was bottoming out, so I was mainly focused on the food. All the other groomsmen were married or engaged; I'm the only one who isn't seeing anyone at all. She made some comment to the effect that I should find someone, get married and have kids. I told her I'd like to get married, but not have any kids.

First she asked the usual "why?" questions. Then said "but you've got to have at least one." No. "But don't you like kids?" No, they don't interest me, rather travel and do hobby stuff. "But how do you know" etc. I had a vasectomy, believe me, I'm not changing my mind.

She looked at me as if I had three heads. "Well, that's weird." No, it isn't.

"But you can have it reversed." Eyeroll, and no. It was as if she had never met a childfree person before. Maybe she never had.

At that point I had eaten enough, and the conversation was beyond boring, so I politely left. A groomsman shouldn't be rude, even if the other person is probably retarded. I made sure to wish her a good night at the end of the reception but otherwise stayed well away.

Afterwards, at the reception after-party, her husband tried to get a girl and go back to her hotel room. So much for that happy marriage. I called him on it and he ended up going back with his family. I can't resist cock-blocking a cheater. Shouldn't have had those kids, bucko. I felt bad for his wife, despite her bingoes and disrespect.

Thank god I made the right decision. It's frustrating not being able to find a partner because of it, but it would be so much worse to be driven to cheat because my former lover has basically abandoned me in favor of the baby. I'm glad that will never be my life.
Re: Wedding reception bingoes
September 26, 2014
Weddings seem to be a minefield for the Childfree. Everybody has marriage and babbies on the mind at those things and the alcohol loosens them up enough to make them want to graft you to the nearest age-inappropriate divorcee. Luckily I'm past the age where all of my friends got married and weddings are now few and far between.

Most of my childed friends are cool though, most of them have NEVER bingoed me, and the ones that have are also the type that don't talk about anything but their latest miscarriage and how the fucking yolk sac wouldn't attach and the miserable D&C. Retch. Conversation I actually had with cunt breeder bitch ex-friend. I didn't keep company with her after that. The minute I would tell her that I had a great couple of dates with a new guy, she'd be all over me with the fucking bingoes. I'm 40, almost 41, so I get "it's not too late you know, so-and-so just had a baby and she's 45." Or another favorite is, "It's NOT white trash to just get pregnant, he won't mind."

Ugh. I've actually started hinting at being pre-menopausal (which I'm not) to get them off my back.
Anonymous User
September 26, 2014
Good for you on all counts! Cheers.:beer
September 26, 2014
I find funerals are almost as bad. I used to get the bingos back when I was of that age. You know, "the family must continue' crap. Now that I am past the age.. IF I everGO to a family funeral (not many of us left so it's unlikely now) I would get the 'too bad ....' garbage. For them it's 'be born, pop sprogs, die' I feel sorry for these people who see nothing else in life.
September 26, 2014
starlady
I find funerals are almost as bad. I used to get the bingos back when I was of that age. You know, "the family must continue' crap. Now that I am past the age.. IF I everGO to a family funeral (not many of us left so it's unlikely now) I would get the 'too bad ....' garbage. For them it's 'be born, pop sprogs, die' I feel sorry for these people who see nothing else in life.

I find that SO disrespectful. I mean, in the wake of a tragedy someone must also be questioned and belittled about their identity and life choices as well? Really? Come on people..
September 26, 2014
WHY do I keep hearing about YOLK SACS recently? I don't want to know what that is, and I don't care. Fuck that shit. Jeez.

Might as well just say BARF PUS to me.
September 27, 2014
You lost me there, gnarler. Are you saying that people at weddings or funerals are discussing yolk sacs?
September 27, 2014
Just in general, in my life, it's a term I've repeatedly encountered recently, after never having encountered it before. Why does this keep popping up, now, all of a sudden? It's gross.

Kind of a rhethorical question.
September 27, 2014
I don't know either, gnarler. It made me lost my appetite to chicken eggs.

The stupid wedding bingo thing is one of the reasons I avoid relatives' wedding like plague. I really don't give a fuck about wedding. Especially in my country, where guests number typically are 200+ and most of them are 'invited for courtesy/politeness or else they'd get hurt' guests. My dream is to elope.
If I ever go, you can find me in the corner, stuffing my face with food! Tee-hee.
September 29, 2014
Some CF friends of mine got married a few weeks ago and being practising Catholics they had a proper church ceremony. The priest peppered his blessings and speeches with stuff along the lines of "we pray that their union is blessed with children" and I could see them trying to keep a straight face each time waving hellolarious He also insisted on getting in "it's good to see people making a commitment in a world that doesn't take marriage seriously anymore" which I'm pretty sure was a dig at gay marriage being legalised in the UK recently- the Catholic church here in Scotland were vehemently opposed to it and campaigned against it to the Scottish Government.

I'm an atheist who was raised Catholic and I was still surprised to see how much the whole "marriage for the purposes of having children" thing was rammed home. It's also how the Catholic church excuses homophobia and encourages people to shun contraception in favour of contributing to overpopulation. At the ceremony itself it also seemed a tad rude to say the least.

As for the happy couple? Long ago they agreed that they'd rather buy a dog... thumbs upup
Anonymous User
September 29, 2014
Well, gays are actually trying to take marriage very seriously....

I think they may be referring to the fact that most people are NOT marrying at all these days. Like there are more never-been married adults than ever and I think children out of wedlock is slightly over 50% now. shrug
September 29, 2014
I have seen posted on facebook, a picture with a caption (I do not know what these are called). Older lady at a wedding tells young boy "You're the next one". Boy thinks " at a funeral, I'll tell her the same thing." Perhaps we should respond to baby bingos the same way.:litebulb
September 30, 2014
One of the many reasons I hate weddings. Bingo central.

Good work on the cock block by the way :GOMIIMOG
October 02, 2014
Wow. That's not a bingo, it's a blackout. People suck. Learn to take 'fuck no' for an answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login