Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Egotistical Much?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Egotistical Much?
September 27, 2014
The other day I was browsing the Hallmark store (I love going there to sniff the Yankee candles and look at Halloween stuff). I had just passed the picture frame section when I noticed a frame that was meant to hold an ultrasound photo. Under the picture slot, the frame says: "Product of superior genes" I took a picture and posted it below.

I know a lot of people on this board have talked about how breeding is narcissistic, and how some breeders are obsessed with continuing their genes. Well, I just got smacked in the face with a blatant example of it.
Re: Egotistical Much?
September 28, 2014
Can't see the picture, but how very delusional of them and ugh.
September 28, 2014
Breeders ARE obsessed with passing on their genes…which is inherently selfish, yet they think WE'RE the selfish ones. :crz

That reminds me of a frame I saw in Bed, Bad & Beyond recently. It was a drawing of an inpig moo with a circle cut out of the belly where the ultrasound picture was supposed to go. Can you say TACKY? eye rolling smiley
September 28, 2014
I wonder if I could frame an X-ray of my ribs and say it's because I'm proud of my awesome, normal, not-deformed bone structure. I'd be much more interested in someone's X-ray than their fetus ultrasound.

Breeders all like to think their genes really, truly are oh-so-special and that they're doing humanity some big favor by breeding. At best, their genes are normal... and even then, that is no guarantee of producing a normal child. Besides, it's not so much genes that matter, but what the child grows into... which the parents generally won't give a fuck about because Junior being a special snowflake is plenty. Oh, but he's MORE special than the other special snowflakes because of his superior genes! Just like the other special snowflakes...
September 28, 2014
rudeawakening
That reminds me of a frame I saw in Bed, Bad & Beyond recently. It was a drawing of an inpig moo with a circle cut out of the belly where the ultrasound picture was supposed to go. Can you say TACKY? eye rolling smiley

Oooh I might have to look into this and frame the photos from my tubal! Been wondering what to do with those pics. Maybe put a big red X over the preggo gut on the frame?
Anonymous User
September 28, 2014
I found the picture somewhere else online:

http://www.amazon.com/Enesco-Lorrie-Veasey-Superior-Sonogram/dp/B006FR8XQ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1411942949&sr=8-2&keywords=product+of+superior+genes

Someone else on here mentioned a frame with a preggo stomach surrounding the ultrasound photo. That was in the Hallmark store too. Sure it may be a little tacky, but it's nowhere near as bad as the "superior genes" one.
September 29, 2014
I would love it if some breeder had that in their house and then the loaf turned out to be a tard or on the spectrum or both/either. Same thing in my book.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login