Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cow uses the dole by choice to be a SAHM and says the government should pay her more money as incentive to lose weight. (Not Satire)

Posted by thundergirl85 
Y'all need to click the link to see the PICTURES of this spectacular bovine.

Daily fail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2768442/It-s-not-easy-overweight-benefits-says-25-stone-mother-two-wants-MORE-money-government-help-diet.html

An obese mother-of-two who lives on benefits says she needs more of taxpayers' money to overhaul her unhealthy lifestyle.

Christina Briggs, 26, from Wigan, says she hates being 25 stone but she can't do anything about it because she can only afford junk food. Meanwhile, exercise is out of the question because she doesn't have the funds to join a gym.

The single mother told Closer Magazine: 'It's not easy being overweight and on benefits. If I was well off, I'd be able to buy fresh food and afford a gym membership.

She insists she can't get a job to gain more money because she's needed at home to care for her children

'I tried swimming but it cost £22 a month and it meant I had to cut back on my favourite pizza and Chinese takeaways.'

Unemployed Christina gets £20,000 in benefits a year and lives in a council house with her two children by different fathers, Helena, 10, and Robert, two.

She left school as a teenager after falling pregnant with her daughter following a one night stand.

The family feast everyday on takeaways, chocolate and crisps as Christina says they can't afford low fat foods. As a result, the mother is currently a dress size 26.

She has been warned by her GP that her health is in danger because of her size - medical complications relating to obesity include heart disease and diabetes.

Christina is desperate not to leave her two children without a mother and doesn't want her size to take her to an early grave.

But she insists 'it's not my fault – healthy food is too expensive'.

'I want to prove to my kids I can do it myself': 25-stone...
Wants a cash incentive: The mother, pictured with her children Helena, 10, and Robert, two, says the government should give her money to lose weight and pay her for every pound she loses

She feels her only hope is for the government to give her more money so she can afford to buy fruit and vegetables and join a gym.

She also believes she should be paid to lose weight as that would give her the motivation to fight the flab.

She told the magazine: 'I need more benefits to eat healthily and exercise. It would be good if the government offered a cash incentive for me to lose weight. I'd like to get £1 for every pound I lose, or healthy food vouchers.

'If the price of healthy food was lowered that would help, too. I need help, but I need it from the government.'

She added that she can't get a job to gain more money because she's needed at home to care for her children, especially as her daughter has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and issues with her kidneys.

She explained: 'There's no way I could get a job. I don't feel bad about the taxpayer funding my life and my child's medical problems, because I don't treat myself or buy anything excessive. I just get enough money to live on - the taxpayers should help fund my diet.'
Rice, beans and canned or frozen veggies are cheap as fuck. High quality spices are a large upfront investment but last for years so I do not get the bitching. Walking is free, and so are some forms of calisthenics. Bitch probably has ubercable so she can do different workout programs too.
I know how the gubmint can help her lose about 50 pounds, literally overnight! They can take away her two fuck trophies, who 1) are clearly obstructing her path to health and 2) are themselves endangered by the crap nutrition being forced down their necks by poor, beleaguered moo.

Oh, wait... then she couldn't afford the pizza and chocolate, and would be completely out of excuses.

Fuck! :bdid What was I thinking?
I've been cutting back on take out pizza. I'm waiting for my pizza to arrive now. I forget the last time I ate Dominos.

Heifer
'I tried swimming but it cost £22 a month and it meant I had to cut back on my favourite pizza and Chinese takeaways.'

Methinks you need a very swift kick in the ass to Tiananmen Square. As I was saying it's been so long since I had takeout Dominos, and I work full time (since this month). There are many things that I'd rather spend my money on than takeout. You can always make sacrifices in your budget somewhere especially for the cost of the swimming classes.

Holy fucking crap is that a lot of junk food! :goggle I'm a junk food junkie myself. I love my fiberone bars and pre-portioned snacks. I avoid overeating by buying already portioned food. Oh course I can have a candy bar. Just one and only one.

Where I live bananas are cheap. Fruit and veggies are cheap because it's easier to feel satisfied compared to greasy chips. I bought a 3.5 pound bag of Granny Smith apples for only $4. That's a great price because having one Granny Smith apple fills me up. I love garden peas and eat them like candy.

You know why nobody is hiring you because your hair looks like it got in a fight with an orange and lost. Also those cliched tattoos aren't helping her either.
Moo
I tried swimming but it cost £22 a month and it meant I had to cut back on my favourite pizza and Chinese takeaways.

The last two of which are luxuries that employed people can enjoy, not someone mooching off employed people. I forget, but the pound is almost worth twice as much as a US dollar, yes? Like £1 is something like $1.87. So she spends over $40 a month on shit food, NOT including any shit food she gets from the grocery store, like frozen dinners and chicken nuggets.

Moo
There's no way I could get a job. I don't feel bad about the taxpayer funding my life and my child's medical problems, because I don't treat myself or buy anything excessive.

She's a single Moo because she fucked losers. The older kid is old enough to be in school, and in a few years, so won't the younger one. You can't be a SAHM when the kids are in fucking school.

And of course you don't feel bad because you expect The VillageTM to help you... unless any member of The VillageTM disciplines your tard daughter when you fail to. And pizza and Chinese food are treats, Moo.

Moo
'If the price of healthy food was lowered that would help, too.

Translation: Healthy food doesn't taste as good as junk food, so I don't eat it.

Healthy food is already cheap compared to junk food. Just don't fucking buy organic produce or milk and you're fine. Some things might require a noticeable up front expense, but over time, the amount evens out from multiple uses. Being unable to cook is no excuse either because there are so many simple things a person can make that are healthy. Fuck, you can make your own salad dressing out of oil, vinegar and some spices.

I'm no expert in money saving, but I think a few good suggestions would be to shop sales, use coupons (without being an asshole to the cashier), stock up on things with a shelf life (pasta, beans, lentils, rice, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, sauces, etc.), supplement those things with fresh ingredients, and when meat is on sale, buy a shitload and freeze what you don't intend to use in the very near future. She stays at home all day with one kid in school and one at home, so she has fuckin' time to make things from scratch.

Moo
The mother, pictured with her children Helena, 10, and Robert, two, says the government should give her money to lose weight and pay her for every pound she loses

This ain't Biggest Loser, honey. Isn't being alive to see your kids graduate (assuming your daughter doesn't follow in your hoofsteps) enough of an incentive to get off your ass and lose some weight? Not only that, but if Moo is a lardass, I bet the kids are too (I didn't go to the link). I'm sure she feeds them the same slop she eats.

And even if the government DID pay her ass to lose weight, you know she'd take that money and use it to buy more fuckin' pizzas.
I'm not from the UK, but here in the US, you can't use your food stamps on take out. What's the rule over there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
The Daily Fail could not be more obvious with their clickbait unless they listed what they paid their interview subjects. I suspect they think of some outrageous opinion and then look for someone who will claim to hold that view in exchange for £20. Good thing it's a lot cheaper to vilify the poor than the rich!
We don't have food stamps here.

Moo clearly hasn't heard of rice and beans, going to the market for cheap fruit and veg, using frozen veg....heifer bitch is just making excuses.

People like this leeching cow give people who legitimately need to claim benefits a bad name.
yurble
The Daily Fail could not be more obvious with their clickbait unless they listed what they paid their interview subjects. I suspect they think of some outrageous opinion and then look for someone who will claim to hold that view in exchange for £20. Good thing it's a lot cheaper to vilify the poor than the rich!

Oh yes! While some of the Daily Fail's stories just about sound credible this one is definitely taking it too far. This moo is claiming benefits but I find it hard to believe she would actually say all these outrageous things she has been quoted as saying.

If the Daily Fail is so concerned with benefits claimants, why doesn't it launch a massive campaign to end child benefit? But noooooo, because that would drastically reduce the amount of nonsense out there to report on.
That said, if spwaning wasn't rewarded the way it is, this moo would not have had kyds and wouldn't be a burden on the taxpayer as she is now.
rockchick
Oh yes! While some of the Daily Fail's stories just about sound credible this one is definitely taking it too far. This moo is claiming benefits but I find it hard to believe she would actually say all these outrageous things she has been quoted as saying.

Oh yes, the Daily Fail have form for this sort of thing and we know how much they hate women and like to vilify them whether they spawn or not... I'm not defending the moo here but I'm not defending the Fail either!

rockchick
If the Daily Fail is so concerned with benefits claimants, why doesn't it launch a massive campaign to end child benefit? But noooooo, because that would drastically reduce the amount of nonsense out there to report on.

It would also affect the majority of their readers, the "squeezed middle" classes and "hardworking British families", who also claim child benefit and tax breaks but that's fine because they're good white middle class Christian Tory voters who Had Children For The Right Reasons. In Daily Mail Land it's only wrong to claim benefits and tax breaks if you're genuinely poor and actually need these things.
mistress rotwang
Rice, beans and canned or frozen veggies are cheap as fuck. High quality spices are a large upfront investment but last for years so I do not get the bitching. Walking is free, and so are some forms of calisthenics. Bitch probably has ubercable so she can do different workout programs too.

Woman mentioned going to the public pool, but that cut into her fav Chinese and pizza take out budget. smile rolling left righteyes2

If she was serious about loosing weight, she'd go to a nutritionist, loose the Chinese and pizza take out and take back the swim membership, and go to both. The nutritionist will direct her to a cooking class and teach her how to find low cost, high nutrition foods that are low in fat. The name brands in the cupboards can't be cheap.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Running...start with walking. Cost: nothing but a pair of shoes. AT 350 pounds, she can walk and probably lose a metric shit-ton.

And having ordered both pizza and Chinese, I can get more bang for the buck at the supermarket. I call :BS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
When I was on disability, I couldn't afford luxuries such as Chinese takeout and pizza. I also exercised, and walked a track that was near my house every day for three miles. I'd get up first thing in the morning and walk it.
I also volunteered, which got me off my ass and doing something.

As a result, my weight has always been stable. I've gained a little since then, because my lifestyle is more sedentary. I have a lake where I live, and have been thinking about doing walks around the lake to up my exercise routine. On weekends I'm nonstop with my walking. I go downtown, to the flea markets, the quay, anywhere. Just to stretch my legs and get moving.

Lazy cow is lazy. She could buy a slow cooker and prepare foods in there. Veggies, beans, rice and even certain cuts of meat aren't that expensive. She can't afford to eat take-out. That money should be going to raise her loaves, not towards restaurant food to stuff into her gaping maw.

She truly should be ashamed of herself! :headbrick
rockchick
yurble

Actually I can believe that moo said this. I've heard welfare leeches say similar things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
CF_Amy
I'm not from the UK, but here in the US, you can't use your food stamps on take out. What's the rule over there?

Some fast food places now accept EBT, at least the Jack in the Box and Taco Bell near my house do. Stupidest idea ever, but apparently it's "poor shaming" or some such bullshit to deny welfare leeches access to fast food.
This story seems just a little too bad to be true. One of the hardest lessons to learn is not just that some things are too good to be true, but some other things are too bad to be true.

The Daily Mail is regarded as a tabloid in all senses of the word in US usage. One thing that has long made me a bit suspicious is that the Daily Mail site—remember, way off in Britain—will often have a lot more revealing details about a story based in the US. We've remarked on this forum about that before. And no one in the US media will be publishing those same details at the same time. My thought is that in these US–based stories this paper is actually making up a lot of the details that no one else is publishing.

And so it goes with this welfare moo. People who are from Britain, or have spent time there, have said that fast food there is rather more expensive than here in the US. Also, Chinese takeout is nowhere nearly as common there as it is here: instead, in Britain one much more commonly will see Indian takeout restaurants (dishes such as curry or vindaloo). This also casts doubt on this moo's claims.

The Daily Mail staff know many Americans view its site, and a disproportionate number of Americans hold right-wing views about such topics as welfare. This story, which strikes me as bogus, is meant to play to that group and inspire outrage—and increase viewership, of course.
grifen411
CF_Amy

Some fast food places now accept EBT, at least the Jack in the Box and Taco Bell near my house do. Stupidest idea ever, but apparently it's "poor shaming" or some such bullshit to deny welfare leeches access to fast food.

As do the convenience stores in my area. Crap, they even put signs out "WE ACCEPT EBT" to get people like that to come in and buy Big Gulps and hot dogs that have been under the heat lamp for a week.
RE: EBT and fast food...

I worked for a short time in a pizza place (sit down, delivery, take-out) located in the U.S., and my gawd, on the 1st and 15th of the month the phones would light up like a giftmas tree of FREE STUFF CUZ I'M IRRESPONSIBLE. Really, it wasn't elderly or truly, truly poor I dealt with. Just true welfare scum.

Oh, and they would call for DELIVERY, not like coming in and picking it up, like the elderly gentleman that would come in several times a week for an italian hoagie and then take it to his low-income elderly highrise apartment, which would be a meal for two days most likely for the fella.

The free pizza was okay with that job, but the bullshit.... ugh.
This is what bothers me the most....instead of sitting around popping baby after baby out why not make these heifers get out and actually work for their benefits by cleaning up the highway or working on these farms by picking produce or going to nursing homes to sit with the elderly that are confined there?

They believe it's "beneath them".

It makes me so angry to see this happen when we have elderly people eating cat food and going without their medicine's to survive. Even if this is satire, you KNOW there are people like this who believe themselves entitled to sit around and do nothing and that we should pay for it.

There are single moms out there (and yes I call these women "moms") who have been left by husbands, who pick themselves up and get jobs instead of staying on welfare because they have a tiny bit of PRIDE in themselves and are trying to pass that off to their kids. Those are the people who should be helped because they are trying to help themselves. The elderly and those who can't work because of a disability should never have to do without or ever have to worry about where they are going to sleep at night or if they are going to get to eat. This systems was designed to help those that cannot help themselves and these people who choose to use it so they never have to work should be shipped to North Korea to see what doing without truly looks like.

This systems was designed to help those that cannot help themselves and these people who choose to use it so they never have to work should be shipped to North Korea to see what doing without truly looks like.

And of course, after taking the blinds off, make sure they go up to the podium and thank the stars that they can now see Kim Jong Il again with their own eyes.

No shit. A few years ago, there was a documentary (Lisa Ling?) done in N.Korea about a humanitarian medical team that performed two hundred/two thousand? cataract surgeries on those afflicted (and mostly or completely blind from the condition). Upon their unveiling and removal of bandages, they each went up and thanked the good lord il for his blessings. Holy brainwashing, or, knowing that you'd BETTER thank the benevolent leader, or ELSE!

The title of this thread or article at the daily fail would best be summed up as "Tell me More about your First World Problem!"
kman
And so it goes with this welfare moo. People who are from Britain, or have spent time there, have said that fast food there is rather more expensive than here in the US. Also, Chinese takeout is nowhere nearly as common there as it is here: instead, in Britain one much more commonly will see Indian takeout restaurants (dishes such as curry or vindaloo). This also casts doubt on this moo's claims.

Nah, Chinese takeaways are very common here, and don't forget the great British institution that is the "Chinese chippy". A town the size of Wigan will have plenty of different takeaways to choose from... but it would probably have a few Chinese supermarkets selling fresh, cheap and healthy ingredients like pak choi and water chestnuts too... Takeaways here aren't cheap though, with the exception of pizza- which isn't good for me because I can't stand pizza and wish curry was as cheap!

No, the giveaway here is that the story was originally in Closer, a celebrity gossip magazine which also features "true life" stories which may not be 100% true. These magazines also like to feature the kind of celebrities that readers love to hate, like Kerry Katona and Katie Price, so a true-life hate figure just helps to sell more maazines. This moo probably exaggerated a few things so she had a better chance of selling a not-really-that-interesting-or-unusual story- and she probably got paid enough to buy a few more takeaways...
Love how there are 5 thousand comments on the article. grinning smiley

Walking, jogging, running, sit-ups, yoga, etc cost $0.00. Join a gym? Bitch, please. I run in place in my little apartment every day and am well within my BMI. When I did have food stamps, I used them to buy healthier things than I could afford without them. No more Ramen or sugary junk. Isn't that the point of assistance--to better yourself so you can be healthy and self-sufficient?

It all comes down to budgeting, which is harder when you have a shit-ton of bratty mouths to feed. But that's the path you chose, fatty. Now deal with it like the (supersize) adult you are.

And of course, after taking the blinds off, make sure they go up to the podium and thank the stars that they can now see Kim Jong Il again with their own eyes.

I remember this documentary and I also saw a documentary where they were faking how much food was available in the country by serving the left over dishes night after night. People just don't seem to understand just how grateful they should be. I remember months of peanut butter sandwiches and being grateful for that because no kids meant no food stamps for me. I actually wish I could eat better and I keep trying to, but I have very little space and no kitchen sink. But even I, with my makeshift kitchen of a computer desk and a hotplate, can on occasion cook a good meal. She is a SAHM what else can she do?
screaming sausage
kman

Nah, Chinese takeaways are very common here, and don't forget the great British institution that is the "Chinese chippy". A town the size of Wigan will have plenty of different takeaways to choose from... but it would probably have a few Chinese supermarkets selling fresh, cheap and healthy ingredients like pak choi and water chestnuts too... Takeaways here aren't cheap though, with the exception of pizza- which isn't good for me because I can't stand pizza and wish curry was as cheap!

No, the giveaway here is that the story was originally in Closer, a celebrity gossip magazine which also features "true life" stories which may not be 100% true. These magazines also like to feature the kind of celebrities that readers love to hate, like Kerry Katona and Katie Price, so a true-life hate figure just helps to sell more maazines. This moo probably exaggerated a few things so she had a better chance of selling a not-really-that-interesting-or-unusual story- and she probably got paid enough to buy a few more takeaways...

I know for a fact that the stories appearing in the Fail and in other publications are tweaked so as to be more interesting and outrageous. I know a girl who works as an escort and got herself into some legal trouble. The Fail and other news outlets wrote about her and all of a sudden. a woman in her early thirties turned into a woman in her early twenties and went from being just an escort to being a law student bolstering her financial situation thru escorting. Sure, there is some truth to these stories, but they are always highly embellished.

the noodler

I remember that documentary! Yes it was insane how they all thanked the 'dear leader' for making them see again. I feel terribly sorry for the people of North Korea, how awful for them to have been brainwashed like that.
navi8orgirl
Running...start with walking. Cost: nothing but a pair of shoes. AT 350 pounds, she can walk and probably lose a metric shit-ton.

And having ordered both pizza and Chinese, I can get more bang for the buck at the supermarket. I call :BS

I know I can get frozen Chinese and Pizza at the store at the supermarket at better prices than at the takeaways, or fast food joints. Better yet; pre made French bread cut in half, smothered in pizza sauce than covered in toppings.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login