Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders Get A Tax Rebate Check (NY)

Posted by deegee 
Breeders Get A Tax Rebate Check (NY)
September 29, 2014
I just heard on the local news that New York State will be mailing $350 checks to households who have kids under 16. I'm not sure what annoys me more - the incumbent state legislators and Governor Cuomo, all of whom are up for re-election in 5 weeks trying to "buy" their votes or the fact that the childfree are once again shortchanged when it comes to tax rebates.
Re: Breeders Get A Tax Rebate Check (NY)
September 29, 2014
LINK

Someone who makes $300K is going to get a check? How freaking ridiculous can you get? :crz
September 29, 2014
Dorisan
LINK

Someone who makes $300K is going to get a check? How freaking ridiculous can you get? :crz

True, but if you consider the $350 as a fee to avoid going through life with a vasshole it seems worth it. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
September 29, 2014
Ridiculous. It makes ZERO sense to just throw $350 at all breeders when chyldrun COST the government more money anyway. If anything they should be rewarding the CF for not further burdening the system, but of course that's never going to happen. thumbs updown
September 30, 2014
What a blatant way to BUY VOTES.

Interesting that the lowest eligible income is 40K. Fuck the breeders who make less than that. And those who make six figures will surely need that 350 to feed the kids.

I can't believe people are going to put up with this. New York trying to appear as a low tax state - LOL.
September 30, 2014
The non-elderly CF/CL are routinely ignored by our state legislators here in NY. The low-income elderly property owners get what is called "Enhanced STAR" which is an extra school tax rebate from the state. Now the childed get a tax break from the state even with 6-figure incomes. I have written my state legislators many times over the last 20 years about adding the non-elderly, low-income CF/CL to the "Enhanced STAR" eligibility list but they never reply to me (and I know my state legislators by name and face; they know me, too and respond to most of my other letters) on this. I guess I'll have to write them again to express my outrage about this unfair giveaway which ignores the CF/CL.
September 30, 2014
Really all it will amount to is $ in Big Biz's coffers. 350? What would you do with that? A few will save it - most will just blow it. It's a negligible sum for most.

I make OK money but it's expensive here and there's tax, tax, and moar tax.

It is *shockingly* expensive here! FUCKING RIDICULOUS!!!

You fell into 350 extra here - you could maybe pay off your parking tickets or catch up on the water bill smile rolling left righteyes2

Baby don't you wanna go? Back to that same old place ~ Sweet Home CHICAGO!

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

Don't move here unless you have alot of money! I make fairly good money, I live in a GROSSLY OVER PRICED HOVEL AND I HAVE 89 CENTS IN MY PURSE!!!

GAWD

I would VERY MUCH LIKE! to get an extra $350! I would spend it on canned goods to stock up for the winter! And rice and pastas - can keep in the fridge. I certainly do not have room here to have any type of extra freezer or garden. Keep some in bank for upcoming heat bills! There's a K Mart 'going out of biz' around here - I am STUPID EXCITED! over this! This will take planning and watching as to how they keep cutting the prices. I would like some new 'bed things' such as pillows, blankets, comforters - these things are *expensive*! Even at stores like K Mart! I can't even afford that unless it's super marked down! I absolutely cannot blow money - I have to think and plan.

Yeah, I know, some may think - oh, boo hoo Yuppy.

Yeah, so. It's true. So I shouldn't complain. Except I *do live in this shit hole* and I *don't have any money*! I'm excited for a K Mart liquidation sale! Oh and this place is in a quasi slum also - Locals - it's on Roosevelt Rd. W. of Harlem. If anyone wants to go scrounging for some new bedspreads and stuff there - Holla! It can be one of those Swank CF Party Times! Just like SATC! Except we might get shot in the parking lot.
September 30, 2014
So the nanny-state is going to write checks to everybody? In effect, taking on the role of mommy & daddy for the mommies & daddies of New York?

Great idea. This is just what the founding fathers intended for this country. :headbrick
October 02, 2014
This is why we need to get money out of politics.. Seriously. Blatant vote buying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login