Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween For Special Snowflakes

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Halloween For Special Snowflakes
October 14, 2014
As Halloween rolls around I'm seeing that stupid "PSA" post about the "be nice to the little autistic/flailing/grunting" kids. Well...now there is a new one for all those special little allergic snowflake. Put out a teal pumpkin to advise people you have non-food options available for their brats! smile rolling left righteyes2

With all this defectos out and the insane amount of entitlement I've seen I'm so so SO glad my condo building doesn't do trick or treating!

Re: Halloween For Special Snowflakes
October 14, 2014
Every-fucking-thing I'm handing out on Halloween is going to have a shit-ton of sugar and nuts. angry flipping off
October 14, 2014
I will definitely be going out on Halloween. There is no fucking way I am going to be getting in an array of kiddie shit in case there's one sneauphlayke that can't eat peanuts or sugar or milk or whatever. Trick or kiss my arse.
October 14, 2014
Paint your pumpkin teal? So, not only are you supposed to give out free candy (I'm not),but you're supposed to buy paint and paint a pumpkin on top of that? As well as to buy special items? It's free shit, where does anyone get off telling someone what they should GIVE away? Talk about entitlement.

Re: the teal pumpkin, I figured they would just say print out that picture, which is enough, spending ink on it. But, to actually have to spend a few bucks to buy some paint and put in the effort (minimal though it may be) to paint pumpkins?
October 14, 2014
I work from 10-7 on Halloween. I don't do halloween. I have better things to spend my money on than free candy for some crotch dropplings. Plus binging on candy triggers my bipolar. Some years there are no kyds, when other years we would run out of candy. MN weather is unpredictable.

One time I remember that I had an off brand peanut butter cup. The tin foil didn't seem right. So I opened it, and there was a needle prick in the center. I recall taking a butcher knife and cutting it in half. My memory is vague now, but the peanut butter looked funny. I was about 14 at the time. So remember this story lurking breeders.
October 14, 2014
Hmmmmmmm...thinking of a Halloween costume this year. I wonder if I could dress up as a tard? devil with smile
October 14, 2014
There was none of this when I was a kid. You took what people gave you and were grateful for it. So rude to bitch and complain about free stuff!
October 14, 2014
I lock everything up, shut out the lights and hide out in my office on Halloween night. I didn't like Halloween as a kyd, and I refuse to participate as an adult. No little sneauflayxe with impaired motor skillz will be coming to my house a-begging, because I'm the Grinch at Halloween. smile rolling left rightsmile
October 14, 2014
PSA to parents:" If your child is unable to function in the normal world. Do not take him out to beg candy from strangers. Buy him treats that are appropriate for his medical needs, and stage a party at your house. Where you can be safe knowing nothing untoward will happen to your half-witted miracle. And do not allow him to wander away from you. Strangers may be disinclined to engage your child in (pretend) conversation, but your uncle or 5th cousin could attempt a game called : "Playing Doctor" with junior, thus hurting his feelings, which could undo all the progress you deluded yourself junior was making. Keeping your maladapted child inside with you is the safest way to spend a joyous Halloween. -Boris Lushniak. Surgeon General of The United States
October 14, 2014
Fuck Halloween. It's the most intrusive, obnoxious goddamn holiday out there. A bunch of kids destroy property the night before, and then the next day they're out demanding candy. Fuck that noise.

There's absolutely no reason why any person should be endorsing trick-or-treating or anything that goes on, in the public sphere, when it comes to Halloween or really anything else for that matter.

If you want to celebrate Halloween, I'm cool with that, but do it on your own time and on your own property. You have absolutely no right to trespass on my property, in effect, demanding that I celebrate with you. Stay the fuck away from me on that day, I've got far better things to do than scare imaginary ghosts away.

And if you've got food allergies, please remember, your food allergy is not my problem on Halloween or any other day of the year.
October 14, 2014
WTF are "motor planning issues?" Sounds like something Richard Petty should be doing.

If your kid can't speak, select a candy or refrain from grabbing all the candy then it needs a parent or older sibling to act as keeper. If they can do it for 3-4 year old why not for defecto-loaves. What the hell does a diabetic/allergic kid expect people to hand out, gluten-free balloons?

As for no costume, if you have the nerve to show up with a naked flapper then at least bill it as the worlds slowest flasher or something creative. If it is dressed then exercise a bit of crativigy. Jeans and flannel shirt? Lumberjack flapper..... or rip it and add a bandanna package on a stick & viola! a flapping hobo. If you can't be bothered - STAY HOME!

And I agree 110% with cfchevygirl. Printing off a teal (TEAL??) picture of a pumpkin is one thing but expecting people to buy a pumpkin and teal paint (like you'd use that again) in ADDITION to buying some non-edible Halloween shit is just f---ing beyond entitled.
October 14, 2014
Having the nerve to make demands about the free shit their kyds are getting is the epitome of entitlement. I feel like my parents instructed me to say "please" and "thank you" at every house when I trick-or-treated as a kid. It's the least you can do when someone gives you candy for just showing up.

Pahrunts who use their kyds' autism/medical condition/whatever disorder to make excuses for every damn thing make me embarrassed to admit that I have sensory integration issues myself. Everyone has their issues; mine doesn't make me a speshul cznowflayke. I don't expect to be accommodated; if I can't deal with something then I don't participate in it.
October 14, 2014
You don't get to dictate what items people hand out, and the passive-aggressive "remember the autistibeticllergic kiddies, too!" just pisses me off. The nice person standing under the porchlight is offering your kid FREE stuff. Don't care for it/can't take it? Say no thanks and move on. You don't even have to mention why. Hell, I don't snap "I'm vegetarian" at the poor lady in the grocery giving out samples of sausage or whatever. That would make me look like a self-righteous prick taking a dig at her. Same deal with candy. Yes or no, and move the fuck on.

Thank goodness we don't get trick or treaters here. Just not enough kids for it. They all go elsewhere I guess. Or stay at home hanging onto Mama's apron strings as the evil, Satanic, allergen-laced, candy-fueled night rages on outside! devil with smile
October 14, 2014
Halloween night is my time to hole myself in my room and watch shitty horror movies. The house is not open to trick or treaters.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 15, 2014
Go to Disney's Not so Scary party and the Trick or Treat buckets contain, amongst other delights:

Nutter butter
Reese's peanut vups
Peanut chewa

I get the feeling that is Disney's way of going angry flipping off
October 15, 2014
"The child who is grabbing more than one piece of candy may have poor fine motor skills."

OR he may just be a greedy little shit.

"The child who takes forever to pick out one piece of candy may have poor motor planning issues."

OR his parents raised him to believe that everyone has the time to wait around for their little pweshious to decide what he wants.

"The child who does not say trick or treat or thank you may be non-verbal."

OR he's just an impolite little fuckwad.

"The child who looks disappointed when he sees your bowl may be diabetic or have food allergies."

OR your *free* candy is not up to his standard because it's not name-brand.

"The child who does not wear a costume might have sensory issues or autism."

OR his parents were too fucking cheap to buy the kid a costume and couldn't even be bothered to throw a sheet over his head.
October 15, 2014
If it's everyone's Halloween, I guess that applies to adults too. I hope lots of adults on their way to a kinky party knock on doors with teal pumpkins and demand appropriate treats.
October 15, 2014
If a child has that many problems/allergies, s/he should not be trick-or-treating at strangers' homes. The family should either have a family party at home or the kid should go to one of those "special" Halloween parties organized by everything from daycares to churches. This should be obvious to parents! Duh!
October 15, 2014
Seems as if every year there are more rules and special allowances that we are all supposed to follow. The breeders have ruined what used to be a fun holiday. In my town, which was put up in about three days during the 1800's when oil was discovered, most of the houses are so close together that you could stick your hand out a side window and touch your neighbor's house. Also, there are street lights ablazin' everywhere. There has NEVER been an incident of violence or rampant vandalism in this town on Halloween, yet two local churches decided to do that retarded "Trunk or Treat" in one of the church's parking lot, to make Halloween "safe." Safe for whom? Lazy parents who don't want to take their kids through a few blocks of houses, when they can just sit in their cars, watch their kids run from trunk to trunk, and then leave? I used to get over 100 trick-or treaters. The first year that bullshit started, I got about 40. I was eating leftover Halloween candy until Valentine's day! I used to love trick-or treating as a kid, and as an adult, I loved giving out candy. Now it is being ruined.
October 15, 2014
Trick-or-treat has been on the decline for a couple of decades now...there are other Halloween options for kids (most of them lame), and families are opting for those. and bop brought up one thing I was thinking about, but didn't include in my post: if your kid is diabetic, has sensory problems, or has a million food allergies, traditional T or T likely isn't a good fit for them anyway. The lights, costumes, and scary stuff will be too much for your sensory kids, and there's too little control over what treats they for the allergy/celiac kids. Part of the thrill of T or T was wondering what people would hand out (there was a guy in my neighborhood who handed out FULL SIZE candy bars some years! We LOVED that guy!! And there was a lady who did Dixie cups of hot apple cider and little teeny hot dogs on little teeny buns!). Parents of special snowflake kids are really just better off taking their kids to other Halloween things, and making their own treats at home as a separate thing.

Taking really intensive high-needs kids T or T-ing is kind of like taking a deeply autistic kid to Disneyland: at a certain point, you are either killing the fun for lots of other people, or setting him up for failure, or both.
October 15, 2014
gymrat
Seems as if every year there are more rules and special allowances that we are all supposed to follow. The breeders have ruined what used to be a fun holiday. In my town, which was put up in about three days during the 1800's when oil was discovered, most of the houses are so close together that you could stick your hand out a side window and touch your neighbor's house. Also, there are street lights ablazin' everywhere. There has NEVER been an incident of violence or rampant vandalism in this town on Halloween, yet two local churches decided to do that retarded "Trunk or Treat" in one of the church's parking lot, to make Halloween "safe." Safe for whom? Lazy parents who don't want to take their kids through a few blocks of houses, when they can just sit in their cars, watch their kids run from trunk to trunk, and then leave? I used to get over 100 trick-or treaters. The first year that bullshit started, I got about 40. I was eating leftover Halloween candy until Valentine's day! I used to love trick-or treating as a kid, and as an adult, I loved giving out candy. Now it is being ruined.

"Trunk or Treat" sounds even more retarded than traditional Trick or Treat, and since I really dislike that brand of panhandling in particular, that's saying something. I think it's an outrageous holiday that intrudes on the property rights of those who want nothing to do with it. We've had issues with crime and vandalism the night before as well, unfortunately.

But I fully support your right to celebrate it, and I'd be willing to compromise.

Perhaps the local newspaper could put out a flyer that you could hang in your window, indicating that you're into Halloween. I'd be okay with that. If you're celebrating Halloween, you indicate it with the orange flyer. That works. And if not, you are left alone. No one comes to your door. No one vandalizes your property. And if you do show up at someone's door, it's trespassing and you're cited for it. I think that is a fair compromise for the rest of us.
October 15, 2014
Halloween for me consists of watching horror movies and eating anything red. No more trick or treaters. It has mostly died off in my neighborhood because the kids have all grown up and the houses have become too expensive for families with young kids to move in (and nobody is really moving out).

But breeders seem to be killing the holiday with the excessive demands that their little special snowflakes must be catered to. Less and less people are going to want to get involved because it's just too much goddamn effort and the people with normal kids are going to get resentful because their kids are going to essentially get forced out of the fun in favor of the defects.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 16, 2014
I do the candy thing, because holy shit do I love Halloween. I dress up to hand it out and everything. But I guess I'm very lucky, because all of the kids and parents that come to my door are really polite.

I don't understand the issue. Your kid is autistic? Autistic kids hate changes in their daily routines, so dressing up in strange clothes and waking around to strange houses probably isn't something they want to do anyway. The kid is allergic or diabetic? Buy a big bag of "safe" candy ahead of time and then let them go trick or treating for the experience. At the end of the night have them give the collected candy to their friends and take the big bag of safe candy. They'll have candy and be popular. It's a win-win.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 16, 2014
Fuck these people and their goddamn tards. People are giving out free shit. Shut up and don't look a gift horse in the mouth. If a kid can't have nuts or milk chocolate, either find something in each candy bowl that they can have (I imagine suckers are safe), or just politely tell the homeowner thank you, but due to allergies, Junior can't have what they are offering. Don't be an entitled dick about it. Junior needs to learn that he can't have certain things and that he has to learn to work with his limitations, not expect everyone to bend to his needs.

And you never know, if breeders could be polite and not entitled for two seconds, people handing out treats might go check their kitchen for something the kid can have, like an apple or a baggie of chips or some little trinket. It's when someone isn't expected to do such shit that they're more willing to do it out of kindness. I wouldn't go out of my way to paint a fuckin' pumpkin for the sickly shits that are allergic to every goddamn thing in the world except rocks and mints. If someone wants to be nice and cater to the allergi-tards, then that's their choice. If they don't, move on.

I'm glad I live out in the middle of nowhere so trick-or-treaters don't show up.
October 16, 2014
StudioFiftyFour, my town does have participation guidelines: if you are giving out candy, you put your porch light in. If not, then the porch light stays off. What pisses me off about Halloween are the breeders who are more than happy to take their kids trick or treating, but then when the kids grow up, instead of staying home and handing out candy to the new generation, they turn their porch light off or go out. The family across the street did this. They took their kids trick or treating, so no one was home to pass out candy. Ok, I can understand that. But now the daughters are grown, and the porch light is still off. Greedy, self-centered assholes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login