Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jane The Virgin (About IVF)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Jane The Virgin (About IVF)
October 19, 2014
This is a real tv show that started recently on the CW.

I saw the ad on Spotify. From looking at the title, I thought it was going to be a stupid show. But when I read the plot, I felt my IQ dropped.

This show is about a 23-year-old woman who discovers she's accidentally artificially inseminated with her former crush's sperm. I shit you not folks. This is the real plot.

And the disturbing thing is that it's getting good reviews.

Just another tale of TV going downhill.

Oh, and it's based on Spanish soap operas.
Re: Jane The Virgin (About IVF)
October 19, 2014
Aaaand your wondering why I cut the cable cord....

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
October 19, 2014
How the fuck do you get accidentally artificially inseminated? It takes a lot of purposely planned things to do that, like the conscious decision to load semen into a device and insert it into a vagina to unload said load. And I'm sure she'll find it to be a miracle rather than suing the fuck out of the hospital (I assume she gets knocked up in a hospital anyway) or whoever is responsible for knocking her up.

I would sooner watch a show involving m-preg than this shit.
October 21, 2014
Wait, is it accidental IVF or accidental ex-boyfriend's sperm? Because one makes no fucking sense what-so-ever, and the other is just fucking dumb. I keep wondering how far down idiocy lane TV shows can go, and they keep managing to surprise me. The list of shows I watch dwindles each season.

Good god. Of course, it IS the CW, so it really shouldn't surprise me, except that I wouldn't think a TV show about IVF and being inpig would be all that attractive to their demographic. Breeder pandering at its finest, along with what will probably be a heaping dose of ONE TRU WUV FOREVER/Diznee-fied 'soulmate' BS because ex is baybbee duhddy and that *always* means OTP or something.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
October 21, 2014
Seems like networks are cashing in on breeders - if the show is about breeding, it will attract advertisers and will ultimately bring in serious cash.

Networks really can't lose because breeding is popular among the left, the right and the center. Even hard core libertarians breed like rabbits.

I think being CF is just that - being CF. The rest can differ. Being breeder - same thing - people breed and justify it by the "God's will" or "the Universe was calling". Different excuses, same crotch droppings.
October 21, 2014
amethyst114
Wait, is it accidental IVF or accidental ex-boyfriend's sperm? Because one makes no fucking sense what-so-ever, and the other is just fucking dumb. I keep wondering how far down idiocy lane TV shows can go, and they keep managing to surprise me. The list of shows I watch dwindles each season.
Uh, the premise of the show sounds dumb and something that might only appeal to 'forced pregnancy' fetishists. What I know of IVF is that they make people sign a bunch of forms and go through a bunch of procedures and medication beforehand, no way in hell would something like this be 'accidental.'

And accidental insemination? Not likely either unless the doctor and hospital violate multiple levels of procedure. Like I said, this sounds like something a pregnancy fetishist or any person who insist on women being made mommies would end up literally fapping to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login