Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I Hate Dealing With Moos - "yardsale" version

Posted by cfchevygirl 
I Hate Dealing With Moos - "yardsale" version
October 20, 2014
I'll spare you the long story, except to say that since my mom passed recently, it's fallen to me to take care of her estate, bills etc. So, I've been looking at selling some things, whereas I would normally just donate.

Anyways, after disappointment with CL, I was talked into a garage sale group on Fakebook. So, Thursday, I put up a bunch of her clothing (night-wear) and got an immediate response from a woman who was interested. But, also interested in paying half of what I was asking. After talking for a bit, we came to an agreement on price, and we're to meet today to do the deal.

But wait, what do I get this morning? "I can't meet you today, because I am at home with both my baybees and my husband is at work. I have a car but he took the one with the carseats. Sorry for the inconvenience."

You what now?

Okay, normally, I understand that things come up unexpectedly, and I usually cut someone a break. But, this was an easily avoidable situation, not something unexpected. Moo-brain knew she was to meet me today, and she had the whole weekend to inform her husband that she either needed the car with the seats, or to swap out seats before Monday.

What, did she just not say anything to him, wake up and realize he took the "wrong" car?

Yes, it's an inconvenience, because you asked me publicly to put those clothes on hold, for 3 days, and now, oops, I can't come! That means in that 3 day's time, I could've sold those items instead of waiting on you. Yes, thanks moo for wasting my time.
Anonymous User
Re: I Hate Dealing With Moos - "yardsale" version
October 21, 2014
That sucks, and I learned long ago you don't wait more than a day on any fakebooker or craigslister. If they want to do the deal three days down the road, I tell them they can call back that day and see if I still have it. I reserve the right to sell first come, first served. It burns them up, and 90% of the time I never hear from them again. I think it boils down to them having a 15 second attention span, and attention whoring. They see your post, they think they want and just have to get in on the comments or get you to pay some sort of attention to them. When it comes time to put out some cash, they've lost interest.
I understand it's nine pm and you may not be able to or want to go meet a stranger. I'm probably not going to get another interested party at night to buy it anyhow, but there's no reason you can't make the deal the next day if you're serious.
Another thing I think these moos do is try to wear down the price even if they're not interested. Moo 1 will come along and try to haggle you down in the public comments. After getting you down to 2/3 or 1/2 your asking price, they drop out and now Moo 2 comes in, with the reduced price as her starting point for haggling. I refuse to bargain publicly. I do it in the private messages or on the phone. If anyone tries to expose the private business I've conducted, I delete and repost.
I've found it is best to treat it as you would classifieds in the newspaper...the buyers wouldn't know who has called you and what you've discussed. Even if you admitted to one you would take less, that is no reason for the next cold caller to know that starting off.
October 21, 2014
I got so much of that when I used Kijiji to sell stuff. It was always replies from people using the "but I'm a single moo so I should get it for free/delivered/I can't meet you because Snotlee is sick". I just gave up because I was so frustrated.
Anonymous User
October 21, 2014
Reading this again, if you had two cars, why would take the one with the car seat(s) and leave the other pahrunt stranded? Even if you had no intention of going anywhere, you never know if an emergency will come up. Maybe Duhd was trying to control the moo by stranding her. If I we had a manual and an automatic, and I can't drive the manual, I'd be hotter than fish grease if my spouse took the auto and stranded me all day. After the first time it happened, I doubt he'd forget to take the right car next time! After two kyds, I doubt this is the first time Duhd ever did this to the fakebook moo. Either she's lying, or both are incredibly stupid. Oh hell, it's both.
Anonymous User
October 21, 2014
I can relate to this. I was the executor for Mom's estate too, and had an IRL yard sale to get rid of some of her stuff.

One reason I will never do that again is because some fucktard's kid got into a puzzle and ran off with two or three pieces. It was a vintage Industrial Life puzzle of the 50 United States, that showed the name of each state and images of the major products each state produced at the time. While it was mine (when I was a kid) I never lost any of the pieces, and kept the box in good shape for 30+ years. It took one overprivileged, unsupervised brat a couple of minutes to render it useless. Thankfully, I'm a crafty type and am able to do something with what's left, but that puzzle became unsellable because of some random little shitstain.

I'll bet that happens a lot more often at yard/ garage sales than is let on. How is it that stupid moos who can barely control themselves (let alone their crotchfruit) are ninjas at pulling shit like this and sneaking away...?
October 21, 2014
Wow, I'm sorry that happened to you, gnocchi. It sucks that some ignorant moo would let her hellspawn run off with the pieces. You'd think she could at least get them off the kyd and return them. But, wait, we're talking about a moo here. Even if she had returned the pieces, they'd probably have been sticky and germy.

As for my yardsale moo, I'm guessing she was full of shit to begin with. If someone was even mildly interested, you'd think that they would say "well, my husband has the car, but can I meet you after he gets home" or something. Probably just some asshole moo who likes to jerk people around and never has any intention of buying.

I agree that it's beyond stupid for her to (allegedly) be saddled with 2 kyds and no car, even if she didn't have plans to go anywhere. Too bad it's fakebook, cause I doubt the group would give a shit if I complained. It's not cool to ask someone to hold some items, then jerk them around and blow them off with some bullshit excuse, for a product she probably never intended to buy anyways. I know moos have no life, but seriously, my time is precious. I'm sure no one in the group would care anyways, since moo has the built-in excuse of "but I have baybees!!!"
Anonymous User
October 21, 2014
The fakebook admins in my groups would ban the moo, or at least warn her and have it count toward 3 times and you're out. I think you have a pretty good case to present to a logical admin. A no-show is a no-show. Not bothering to make arrangements for transportation to the meet is not the same as an emergency appendectomy, it's sheer selfishness.
October 22, 2014
This reminds me of the craigslist breeder I encountered a few years ago. I couldn't even give away free stuff without a hassle.

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,137086,page=1
October 22, 2014
Well, I just joined the "yardsale" group and so I don't know how much an admin would care, especially if moo has been a member for a while, so I don't know if making a complaint would do any good.

Most likely, they will simply say that in the future do not agree to hold anything. That would be good advice, as many ads placed say they will not hold. I just have not gotten much in the way of interest in the clothing -- even though it is very nice, quality clothing (catalogs not Walmart quality) -- so, I figured just to get something for it and be able to clear some of the clutter, that i would be willing to wait a few days in order to make the sale. Big mistake there, obviously.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login