Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sick of scan pictures on FB and general breeder attention whoring:td

Posted by yummynotmummy 
Sick of scan pictures on FB and general breeder attention whoring:td
October 20, 2014
I'm just fed up that fucking EVERYONE appears to be breeding in my social circle, and I know that here is the only place I can rant about it.

OH's brother and his fiancee are baking a loaf, and I've posted about the resulting backlash from MIL.

Now OH's best friend's wife is up the duff. They are currently in the US for a year, and the baybee is going to be born there. We were due to go visit them next year, glad we didn't book flights, because when we were due to go, she'll be nearly due to pop. Best friend had wanted to wait until they got back to the UK to start a family, but she had other ideas. Guess she has nothing else to do since she hasn't got a work permit, so she figured she might as well become a SAHMoo. And clog up everybody's feed with scan pictures. She never asks how I am any more, it's all fucking clump news, and "Are you and Mr Yummy really not going to have kids? But it would be so nice if you guys had a baby for ours to play with!"

One of my good friends had a baby in August, and I have seen her a couple of times, but mostly, she hangs out with other mums.

I am expected to take an interest and say nice things about their clumps/fetuses/baybees, but they NEVER ask me a damn thing about my life, even though they know I have been ill recently. My MIL doesn't even speak to me any more, and is encouraging my OH to find someone else who isn't anti-kids (even though OH has told her repeatedly he is CF). I got bullshit from my dad recently as well about us not wanting kids because we are selfish (yawn) and it's just because we don't want to change our lifestyle, but of course, we'd love being parents if we gave it a chance :BS

I am sick and tired of being treated like a freak for being female and not wanting kids, and being dropped by friends the minute they get the blue line on the pee stick. It's not us CFers that hate parents and exclude them - it's the parents who cut their CF friends out of their lives.

Maybe they just know how much their lives are about to suck, and they just don't want to be reminded of what their lives were like before. But still, it hurts to be rejected by people who once gave a fuck about you.

I need to find some more (real life) CF friends, I think.
Re: Sick of scan pictures on FB and general breeder attention whoring:td
October 23, 2014
Most of my friends who popped the brat bubble left my presence because I am very vocal about my life. I am walking facebook. Im also apparently too academic for their tastes because my one friend doesnt like my "uppity" attitude about being one of the few truly educated people in the world after she popped out two brats before turning 18. I say big words that confuse her (why do people admit to not being literate so readily?). I say whatevs. Im over it all. I have other friends who are much better at keeping up with the times.
Seems like a common theme. My best friend does have kids, but they are teenagers, so she's kind of in the "I want my life back" phase. She is however the exception not the rule.

Whenever I have a friend get pregnant now, I just kind of think "another one bites the dust". Once they get up the duff, they often stop talking to me up front, because I don't hide my CF-ness, and I write about it (as my dad said, "why do you feel the need to splash that all over the Internet". You can baybee-babble all day long, but you can't be open about being CF by choice, and happy). Or, they attempt unsuccessfully to convince me that I am wrong about not having kids, and when I'm not converted, then they stop talking to me.

Breeders suck.
October 24, 2014
I'm so glad i wasn't born in the era of social media attention whoring because i'm sure my mom would have plastered photos with me all over facebook. I don't like posting photos of me on FB because i had a nasty incident with an idiot a while ago which creeped the hell out of me. I was at a formal dinner party and was dressed very elegant (you can rarely see me like that - long evening dress, high heels), i put a photo of me from the party on FB and what does this creeper do? Copies the photo from my FB album and sends it to his friends with the question - would you fuck this one? I found out because he bragged about it. He flew off my FB list the next moment. But yeah, things like that and even worse can happen.

I posted once 2 links about CF and bingoes and two former uni colleagues who just calved deleted me. One already plastered my wall with loaf photos so no big lost but makes me wonder because it wouldn't be the first time when people who seem normal otherwise distance themselves when i say i'm CF. I'm not even vocal about it.

I use FB to keep in contact with some friends and i follow lots of cultural institutions and sites of my interest. But i limit my activity a lot when it comes to personal matters.
I've lost count of how many FB friends feeds that I've unsubscribed from due to loaf and scan pictures. Some pictures every now and then is fine, but when that's all that's being posted, then they get the boot.

A lot of my good friends are wannabreeder couples, so I dread the day when they announce they're preggers, because for me it more often than not means a scaling down or end of the friendship. sad smiley
November 05, 2014
My mom once told me how she had to hide the statuses of a co-worker of hers because she was sick of seeing the woman’s loaf pictures. See, breeders? Even my mom, who generally likes kids, can only take so many pictures of your precious before she’s like “Ugh, enough already!”
It’s a good thing I can’t see. They can’t torment me with their nasty ass loaf pics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login