Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

house cleaners brought their kid

Posted by gnarler 
house cleaners brought their kid
October 21, 2014
I'm sick, but we're trying to get our house on the market. Our realtor recommended this house cleaning company and they're here. With a small child. Who won't stop babbling. I'm sick and I don't want to listen to this shit all day. I normally don't allow children in my house. What was I supposed to say? I just went upstairs and tried to explain that I'm sick and I have a headache and to please keep the kid quiet, but I don't think they speak very good English. The kid is still babbling. I'm super pissed.

I don't know what kind of responses I'm looking for. Just commiseration, I guess.
Re: house cleaners brought their kid
October 21, 2014
What were you supposed to say? "Bye." Then write a review mentioning this unprofessional behavior when you have the time. And just hire another company.
October 21, 2014
I'd also add: contact your realtor and let him/her know that the company they recommended brought a child along & that you find that pretty unprofessional. Maybe they'll stop recommending that company in the future.
October 21, 2014
holy liability issues Batman
October 21, 2014
Must be a new trend or something. My friend's husband is undergoing treatment for an aggressive brain tumor, so our book club decided to hire a maid to clean once a month for a year. This was done with friend's consent, and the maid arrives with a 2-3 year old. Friend told the maid she couldn't come inside with the child, there's a chemo patient in the house and he is under strict orders to avoid small children. Also friend is a professional seamstress who works out of her home.

She called the maid service and complained about the unprofessional behavior, and told them under no circumstances will minors accompanied by their maids will be allowed into her home, and if they don't like it she'll take her business elsewhere.
October 21, 2014
What is the point of cleaning only for a kid to then mess up where you just cleaned again? Isn't that why moos never clean their houses?

The entitlement and the stupid of bringing a kid to a cleaning job.....the mess, and you don't know if your clients may have pets in the house that aren't kid friendly, the houses aren't childproofed....further proof that moos are thick as shit.
October 21, 2014
I have two dogs and one of them is terrified of children. And you guessed right, the kid was harassing him. I had to put a stop to that in addition to asking them to keep her quiet because I'm not feeling well. At least now they've finished the upstairs, so I've shut myself in the bedroom with my big fan that's drowning out whatever nonsense it taking place downstairs, and I have the dogs with me.

Turning them away would have been complicated, because our realtor is also my husband's aunt, and she's arranged for other family members to do some (free) painting and other repairs after this (not-free) cleaning takes place. I just wouldn't have felt comfortable throwing a wrench in that process because I'm "the kid hater".
October 21, 2014
Start saying Fuck around the kid about 50 times and see how fast they comprehend English.

It has nothing to do with hating kids. It has to do with being professional and with liability. You can't supervise the child; they obviously can't supervise it and you don't want it getting hurt in your house.
October 21, 2014
I've already instructed my husband to complain. But I don't do well on the spot.

Anyway, they've just left.
October 21, 2014
What gall for the "professional" house cleaner to drag her crotchfruit along with her into your house. Moos have no sense of boundaries at all....
October 22, 2014
You could probably write an online review
October 22, 2014
gnarler
I have two dogs and one of them is terrified of children. And you guessed right, the kid was harassing him. I had to put a stop to that in addition to asking them to keep her quiet because I'm not feeling well. At least now they've finished the upstairs, so I've shut myself in the bedroom with my big fan that's drowning out whatever nonsense it taking place downstairs, and I have the dogs with me.

Turning them away would have been complicated, because our realtor is also my husband's aunt, and she's arranged for other family members to do some (free) painting and other repairs after this (not-free) cleaning takes place. I just wouldn't have felt comfortable throwing a wrench in that process because I'm "the kid hater".

Unfortunately that's the problem with doing business with famblee. They kind of have you by the balls if you depend on them and then there are favors and sticky complications. Eventually you get bulldozed and end up having to eat it somewhere.

I have had family and family friends come out of the woodwork to try to "help" with my parents home reno and sale, not gonna happen. I am only hiring bonded and insured people with good professional reputations and solid recommendations. No children or non-employees (uninsured for the job) are allowed on the property.

I can understand how it happens though, I had to learn this the hard way and would have felt trapped and frustrated too in your situation. Sorry this happened. But please watch what is going to happen going forward and that you don't end up owing "free" helpers/painters anything even if it isn't money. Do any of them have kids that they may bring along? Will they do the repairs your way and properly? I would still tell the realtor aunt what happened and see what her reaction is. If she is decent she will see it was wrong and not use that service anymore and at least she should empathize with you for being bothered.
October 22, 2014
I would absolutely make a complaint to the cleaning company. Bringing a kid along is unsanitary, unprofessional, and opens you to liability issues. Write reviews online as well.
October 22, 2014
Yes, I am definitely learning the hard way about involving family. We are saving a bunch of money, but this has been a huge headache. I'm also really unhappy with the uncle/contractor that has been doing some free painting for us. I understand that it's a favor, but I don't get this guy. He disrespected me and he disrespected our house. He trudged paint on our newly resurfaced driveway (that I paid a real company for), he dinged up my front door that I painted myself (it was a lot of work!), he left a mess at the nice kitchen sink - apparently used it to clean brushes, even though he moved my own paintbrushes by the crappy bathroom sink, there was drywall dust and puddles of water left all over the counter - there were puddles of water left on the wood floors, and the painting itself looks like finger paint. I've definitely complained to my husband, who has said he's going to rip the uncle a new one when this is over.

As for the cleaners, we're definitely complaining to the aunt/realtor about them bringing the kid. I don't even know the name of the company in order to complain online, but I plan to find out.

Oh, and his mom managed to butt into all this too and create some drama. I will not be going down this road in the future. As you said blondie, lesson learned. I'm left with a really bad taste in my mouth about my husband's family that wasn't there previously.
October 22, 2014
http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/2jxpw7/house_cleaners_brought_their_kid/

Did you write this? It went up the same day.

I'm sick, but we're trying t clean our house and prepare for an upcoming party. A newspaper ad directed us to this house cleaning company and they're here. With a small child. Who won't stop babbling. I'm sick and I don't want to listen to this shit all day. I normally don't allow children in my house. What was I supposed to say? I just went upstairs and tried to explain that I'm sick and I have a headache and to please keep the kid quiet, but I don't think they speak very good English. The kid is still babbling. I'm super pissed. I don't know what kind of responses I'm looking for. Just commiseration, I guess. UPDATE: they've just left about 5 minutes ago. Our house is completely clean, and ready for the party next week. The cleaning crew was very unprofessional about the children issue. I won't be hiring them anytime soon, and they have an unflattering Yelp review waiting for them.
October 22, 2014
No, that's really weird. I don't have a reddit login, and we're not throwing a party. It seems like someone from reddit read my post here, lifted it, and changed the details about the party and yelp. How odd and creepy.
October 22, 2014
Whoa, yeah, I just went to that link and that person completely c/p'ed my post about going upstairs and being "the kid hater". And they changed the detail about the aunt being the realtor to the aunt being the one who recommended the company. What a whackjob. Why would someone do that?

Anyway, this actually happened to me and I'm not the person on reddit.
October 22, 2014
Ick. I did some further digging, and that same login posted jezebel_daisy's Halloween For Special Snowflakes thread to reddit as well, word for word:

http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/2jwckh/halloween_for_special_snowflakes/
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,371226

He/she also c/p'ed shy lurker's post within the thread verbatim.

Weirdo.
October 22, 2014
gnarler
Ick. I did some further digging, and that same login posted jezebel_daisy's Halloween For Special Snowflakes thread to reddit as well, word for word:

http://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/2jwckh/halloween_for_special_snowflakes/
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,371226

He/she also c/p'ed shy lurker's post within the thread verbatim.

Weirdo.

Someone's crazy. :eyebrows
October 22, 2014
One hell of a troll there. Someone trying to start a flame war somewhere else???
I think one lesson we can learn (at least when we are dealing with other-than-famblee companies is to state up front that no children allowed (for whatever reason you want.)

Reminds me of an incident quite a while ago. At least 17 or so. My (now ex) hubby lived in a trailer and rented a house we had bought to a guy and his shack up welfare whore. She already had two little snots, boy and girl. She was doing all this huge talk about starting a cleaning business. Yap yap yap on how she's gonna make money cleaning to supplement her welfare check. These two little shits were unruly bastards, would not listen, would not do anything they were told. I had a suspicion that this was just the usual government whore drivel prior to getting knocked up again. Sure enough, she announced she was knocked up about a month later, and I don't think it was the shack up sperm donor. This and running the other trailer park, they would always talk about how they were going to do this, that and the other and every single time they would end up with another welfare turd.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
October 22, 2014
Wtf kind of nut does this?!
October 22, 2014
Ok - that is just all sorts of fucked up and creepy!!! That's not cool.
October 22, 2014
Someone should post on /r/childfree on Reddit to give a heads up, I'm sure the moderators there don't appreciate crazy either.
October 22, 2014
Someone called her out on the post and now she is claiming it's because she is butthurt for being banned here.
October 22, 2014
I made a login and asked wtf.

"Why does this always happen to me?"

Maybe because you're a fucking weirdo?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login