Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help with boycotting businesses

Posted by rockchick 
Help with boycotting businesses
October 24, 2014
I'm not sure whether there has been a thread like this on here before, but I'd love to have a list of businesses that are pro-liar/pro-famblee/fundie religious/homophobic etc. for me to boycott.

Every now and then you hear something about a company or business (Hobby Lobby, Urban Outfitters, Chick-fil-A, Forever 21), but most of the time people are being kept in the dark about companies' political affiliations. I realize that it's not always doable, but I really don't want my money to go towards causes I don't agree with.

It would be great to have an international list of businesses to boycott so that we can spend our money wisely, no matter where in the world we are.
Re: Help with boycotting businesses
October 24, 2014
Doing a bit of Googling, I found a list of companies that DO support Planned Parenthood. It's a bit outdated (2012), but I bet it would be easy to verify.

http://www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com/2013/09/06/list-of-businesses-that-support-planned-parentmurderhood/
October 24, 2014
More than a bit outdated. Northwest Airlines has been gone for years, so have a few of these companies. They have Enron on the list. Enron???

I am guessing they don't drive cars. Or use gas. Or eat anything but H-8-Chikin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
October 24, 2014
Fuck hobby lobby and chik-fil-Ass. I don't shop there at all. But holy shit! Pepsi and Taco Bell support planned parenthood? FUCK YEAH!

For anyone that likes fundraising AND shopping online, go to amazon smile and you can sign up to benefit any organization you want, INCLUDING PP. I love amazon!
October 24, 2014
Skip Jelly Bellies next time you buy candy. Their chairman helped fund an attempted repeal of transgender equality in CA.
October 24, 2014
randomcfchick
Skip Jelly Bellies next time you buy candy. Their chairman helped fund an attempted repeal of transgender equality in CA.

Fuck jelly bellies!
October 25, 2014
rockchick
I'm not sure whether there has been a thread like this on here before, but I'd love to have a list of businesses that are pro-liar/pro-famblee/fundie religious/homophobic etc. for me to boycott.

Every now and then you hear something about a company or business (Hobby Lobby, Urban Outfitters, Chick-fil-A, Forever 21), but most of the time people are being kept in the dark about companies' political affiliations. I realize that it's not always doable, but I really don't want my money to go towards causes I don't agree with.

It would be great to have an international list of businesses to boycott so that we can spend our money wisely, no matter where in the world we are.

You'll want to skip Domino's Pizza. The founder/owner (primary share holder) of the company is an uber-Catholic who gives gouts of money to forced-birther organizations, and he funded a whole RC city in Florida where it's forbidden to sell birth control.
October 25, 2014
Fuck Domino's!
October 25, 2014
There is an app called Buycott that I use. You put in the things you either want to support or boycott, and then you can scan barcodes or search products and see it something hits one way or the other. I have that I want to support companies that support Planned Parenthood, so if I search for, say, a Black & Decker product, it will show that they are on the list of supporters. If I search a Proctor and Gamble product, it will show that they do NOT support Planned Parenthood (they support pro-liars), and I can avoid them.

I have a droid, so I know it's on that platform. I believe there is an iOS version as well.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
October 25, 2014
Thanks for the dirt on Jelly Belly, how disappointing! And of course no more Domino's for me, ever. Fuck that shit!

I've downloaded buycott onto my ipad but for some reason it's gone completely blank. sad smiley
October 28, 2014
It's downright fucking hilarious that Proctor and Gamble are supporting "pro-life" causes. Their products contain rafts of chemicals linked to everything from cancer to serious allergies in human beings. All those chemicals also pollute waterways, groundwater and thus the land as well as the water, at a long term cost to human health (to say nothing of animals and the environment). And they used to use "dirty palm oil" from sources that abuse human rights, I'm unaware if they still do, but this makes them the biggest hypocrites on the planet.
October 28, 2014
KitsNotKids
It's downright fucking hilarious that Proctor and Gamble are supporting "pro-life" causes. Their products contain rafts of chemicals linked to everything from cancer to serious allergies in human beings. All those chemicals also pollute waterways, groundwater and thus the land as well as the water, at a long term cost to human health (to say nothing of animals and the environment). And they used to use "dirty palm oil" from sources that abuse human rights, I'm unaware if they still do, but this makes them the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

Isn't that the truth! When I was a teen, I had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I had been taking for ages. Apparently my body just decided that was the stopping point, because I went haywire, and started reacting to everything under the sun. P&G products were and still are some of the *worst* in terms of reactions. I had to gradually transition out of using most normal products. Cover Girl, Max Factor, Olay, Gain, Tide, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Nyquil, Dawn, Duracell.... the list goes on. Tide is the absolute worst for me - I can sleep over at a friend's house (who uses it) for one night and I'm scratching so hard I bleed the next day. Unfortunately, P&G make or have bought out a lot of products I use, and so I'm still slowing trying to get out of their grasp. Their reach is insane.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login