Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Would that Jahi McMath's family was as loving and brave (UK couple allowed to end child's life)

Posted by Dorisan 
And this is how it should be: the parent thinking solely of the comfort and quality of life of the child.

LINK

I was a bit surprised at the number of supportive comments.
As much as I agree with what the parents did, it sounds horrific that she suffered so much after fluids and nutrition were withdrawn. I would have thought they could have kept her sedated at least, what a horrible thing for that to be the only option open to them. It would have been far better had there been a legal way to end her life quickly and painlessly, under the circumstances.

I'm totally anti-execution, but when murderers get a quicker, easier death than that poor girl, something is wrong.
yummynotmummy
As much as I agree with what the parents did, it sounds horrific that she suffered so much after fluids and nutrition were withdrawn. I would have thought they could have kept her sedated at least, what a horrible thing for that to be the only option open to them. It would have been far better had there been a legal way to end her life quickly and painlessly, under the circumstances.

I'm totally anti-execution, but when murderers get a quicker, easier death than that poor girl, something is wrong.

The article does imply that no pain meds were given, especially the last paragraph. I'm not sure what reason would be given for holding back on that. My father had a catastrophic stroke that left him blind and paralyzed. He had the foresight to draw up DNR papers and also instructions to hold water and nutrition if he fell into such a state. It took him a couple of weeks to die, but he was administered morphine throughout the entire ordeal.

ETA: found another article that is more detailed

Because Nancy had spent her short life in pain she became immune to even a cocktail of morphine and ketamine.
Charlotte says: “She was screaming and writhing in agony 24 hours a day. Not being able to ease her suffering was too much to bear.
Well if nothing helped, then I suppose there wasn't another option other than obviously some kind of morphine overdose or something, which is illegal. Awful decision to have to make, but it's the more courageous one to make.
Jahi McMath's parent views the corpse as her personal cash cow; her steak and lobster dinners and Michael Kors shopping sprees were all well documented on Instagram. She is this decade's Natalee Holloway (her moo spent the "Find Natalee" money on plastic surgery and clothes to compete with her daughter's 18-year-old friends.)

It is a shame that parents who give a shit have to fight to let a child die when that child really doesn't exist outside of a husk. I have held my precious pets when they have needed medical intervention to help them over the bridge, and it was peaceful. Why can't we be that compassionate to our own kind...especially when painkillers don't work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login