Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

They'll take care of you when your old x 2

Posted by thom_c 
They'll take care of you when your old x 2
October 29, 2014
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2014/10/29/son-admits-killing-winchester-mother-sometimes-i-get-out-of-control/

Son Admits Killing Winchester Mother: ‘Sometimes I Get Out Of Control’
October 29, 2014 8:00 AM

WOBURN (CBS) – A man accused of killing his mother in Winchester is being held without bail after telling reporters he did it.

Matthew McAveeney, 46, was arraigned Wednesday in Woburn District Court. He’s charged with beating his mother, 70-year-old Barbara McAveeney, to death.

Her body was found October 14 in her condominium.

On Wednesday morning, McAveeney wished the judge a good day before he was led out of court.

Police say McAveeney fled to North Carolina. He was arrested a week ago in a store parking lot in Belmont, North Carolina.

As he was brought to the Winchester Police Department Tuesday night, he confessed to reporters and photographers waiting for him.

“To my mother Barbara McAveeney and to her cats Pumpkin and Puffy McAveeney, I apologize deeply. Sometimes I get out of control,” Matthew McAveeney said.

When a reporter asked him, “Did you do it?” McAveeney said “Yes.”

“What did you do to her?” the reporter then asked.

“Murdered her,” he replied as he was led away by police.

rest at link

http://www.wisn.com/news/teen-calls-police-to-report-mother-allegedly-abused-grandmother/29374352?hpt=ju_bn2

Teen calls police to report mother allegedly abused grandmother
UPDATED 11:22 AM CDT Oct 28, 2014

WAUKESHA, Wis. —A teenage girl called for help after she said her mother routinely abused her sick grandmother.

The teenager said they were caring for grandma because she has dementia.

VIDEO: Teenage girl reports mother to police for allegedly abusing grandmother

Neighbors knew nothing of the abuse allegations leveled at their 37-year-old neighbor.

WISN 12 News is not naming her to protect the identity of her children and her 64-year-old mother, who is the victim.

Waukesha police first learned of the situation when a 17-year-old girl called for medical help, saying she couldn't stand to see her mom abuse her grandmother any longer.

"The granddaughter of the abused adult took off of school and took care of the abused grandmother. One day, it got to be too much," Waukesha Police Department Sgt. Jerry Habanek said.

The grandmother suffers from dementia and had a stroke. The girl told police and provided cellphone video for proof of her mother yelling at the grandmother for soiling the couch.

According to the complaint, the woman is seen taking a soiled adult diaper and placing it in the victim's face and yelling, "You are going to be abused here. You are going to smell that and eat that for dessert."

In another video, the mom yells to her children, "Somebody better help her, or I'm going to kill her."

After police arrived, the grandmother was taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for care, where she was cleaned up and found to have bedsores on her back and feet.

"It crosses the line when you're not taking care of the elder, when you're not cleaning them up, when they have sores on their back, when they're being yelled at and abused while they're being cared for. That abuse stemmed not only to the grandmother but to the daughter too who had to watch her mother do this," Habanek said.

rest at link

Sad, disgusting state of affairs, but kudos to the teen for having the courage to report the abuse. Hopefully the shitwad mother won't be allowed near the old lady.
Re: They'll take care of you when your old x 2
October 29, 2014
I cannot help but wonder, what makes people so violent? I can't help but wonder, are people REALLY safer being cared for by their kids? Not that I have a choice, but it makes me wonder if nursing homes experience the same level of abuse as people who live with kids.
October 29, 2014
I really wish that I hadn't read the second story. It has bothered me for hours and I feel like I want to throw up.
October 30, 2014

I really wish that I hadn't read the second story. It has bothered me for hours and I feel like I want to throw up.

I know. Poor kid; she's 17, yet she has more compassion than her grown mother. And her reward for speaking up for her grandmother is probably going to be foster care.

Let's hope she has a compassionate relative who can take her in, but her honesty and bravery has dramatically changed her life.
October 30, 2014
The abuse can also take the form of negligence, they will justify leaving the elderly person alone when they need full time care and putting the person at risk to avoid paying the money for care. That type of thing is more prevalent than outright violence but it is common. Very much like the negligent moos who don't properly watch their kyds.

Alzheimers/dementia patients need a lot of specialized care and don't let the idea of "caring" children keeping mom at home fool anyone, most people are unequipped to do it but they fear losing their inheritance/ family home so they play caregiver role but they will avoid using proper medical assistance as it may trigger an assessment. Then doctors can and should order 24/7 care, which can be at home or a facility, but they need to be monitored by medical professionals. Bed sores are a red flag.

Grandma or grandpa just being old and living with adult kids can work, but when severe disability comes along, look out. If it's too stressful, they need to get help, it's no excuse to abuse or neglect your helpless parent. That poor teenage girl, I'll bet the bleeding hearts start defending the abuser, being under all that Stresss and all. That is what I have seen, abusers get excused because it is so haaard caring for a sick parent, same old crap.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2014
I get this all the time from my mother. The cycle of mooching. Parent worries that they won't have any retirement money/be alone at old age so they breed shitlings in order to guilt them into elder care. Sometimes they discourage their children from moving away in order to trap them into adult babysitting.

Also in dating "taking care of my sick parent" is code word for "jobless lazy fuck staying in parents basement." Since when does taking care of a sick parent prevent you from furthering you education????
Anonymous User
October 30, 2014
As for the elder abuse, That is really sad. They need to at least invest in some at home care for them if the pressure id to much to deal with. We did that for my great grandmother when she had cancer. However me and my mother are constantly guilted into taking care of my grandmother who treats us like crap afterwords. Sometimes the elderly are just as bad as brats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login