Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sterilization disclosure? :lips

Posted by keeper of traken 
Re: Sterilization disclosure? :lips
November 27, 2014
I personally wanted to wait till after I get sterilized before using it to bitch slap the baby rabies outta my mum, but she's been on my case for a year and a half pretty full on about marriage and kids since my partner n I had just started dating.

So when she was all excited about my brother planning to breed. And changed his name to mine in the conversation, I just said, N and I have talked, we both agree we don't want kids, and I'm planning to get sterilized in a year or two once I'm financially stable for it. She couldn't understand and almost seemed personally insulted by the notion, like I was doing it because of her.

You'd think all those times she deviated into the kids section only to have me bored outta my mind, leave to look at something else, threaten to kill a loud nearby child, those times I've said I don't want kids since my teens or maybe just not giveing an engaged response to the baby item she picked up, would at some point have been a clue
December 11, 2014
I am now officially fixed! :GOMIIMOG

Now chilling at home with some ice. smile rolling left rightsmile
December 11, 2014
Yay! Congrats to you! :beer
December 11, 2014
Partay! After you heal up of course! :partay :beer :jump
December 11, 2014
Woohoo! Congratulations! :beer
December 11, 2014
:GOMIIMOG

:partay :yr Congratulations!
December 15, 2014
Haven't been sterilized myself (and don't need to due to being a giant lez), but I'd probably tell my fam & friends beforehand. Maybe. It definitely depends on your unique situation. If they won't be supportive, why stress yourself out by telling them before the operation? You deserve to recover in peace without any nagging from meddling breeders who only view you as a walking uterus or sperm bank.

Also, you deserve to celebrate and be happy about it. Sterilization is a big deal for CF'ers! Guilt trips and endless harassment aren't conducive to celebrating. Congrats!
December 17, 2014
Thanks everyone for the love and support. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou

Funny story. I went for lunch with my mom a week before I got fixed and I was talking to her about family stuff. I ask her how come her and dad(deceased for many years) didn't have any more kids after me. She said they couldn't afford it and needed to get back to work. She got her tubes tied and settled the question. My dad wanted more, but anyway...

She then asks me if I was thinking about getting fixed. I lie and say I was unsure, not wanting to disclose my intentions until it was done. I ask her whether she'd be ok with it, knowing that older people have old-fashioned ideas on sterilization. She says she'd be ok. She also said there's enough of my family name running around so it wouldn't be huge deal if I didn't sprog.

Suffice it to say, that conversation was like icing on the cake for me. My mom is awesome. thumbs upup
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login