Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks

Posted by thom_c 
Re: Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks
November 25, 2014
deegee
I stand corrected. After some of my own research, I discovered that my former company revised its rating class plan (just this past April) since I left the company 6 years ago. Among the rating enhancements were the following three:

Primary and secondary classification factors are shown with:

o A mileage component

o Married/single rating variables for all ages

o Gender rating variables for all ages

(Emphasis mine)

http://mlaconsulting.com/projects/

I guess being retired and out of the loop has its drawbacks LOL!smile rolling left righteyes2

I see gender discrimination. I see a family status discrimination. If discriminating against people of color was legal - they would be doing it too - openly. But here is what this boils down to. If one can charge men a higher rate - nobody will say anything. Charging single men more money? That is encouraged. Single people paying higher taxes? Sure, why not. Single people paying more for cell phone service because we don't have a way to get a "family plan" - sits fine with breeders.

During the days of Bill Clinton, there was a talk of Flat Tax. That went nowhere because back then, breeders have out numbered non-breeders. Just like most voted against gay marriage, it took courts to overturn that, courts will have to overturn discrimination against single people. It took courts to overturn slavery too. As well as color based preferential treatment.

Here is a theoretical question. What stops a man from identifying himself as a woman to an insurance company? Can he then get a better rate?
Anonymous User
Re: Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks
November 26, 2014
"Here is a theoretical question. What stops a man from identifying himself as a woman to an insurance company? Can he then get a better rate?"

I think this comes under fraud. And also, one way or another, you'd probably end up on the phone to the insurance company at some point in time, and they'd be able to guess from the voice I'd imagine. You could try putting on a female voice, or maybe argue that you're trans-gendered but then that could end up blowing things out of proportion as your case is suddenly taken further and becomes high profile in one of these civil rights thingies in the news...

Anyway, I just wanted to chime in with why the Gov'ts provide bonuses, benefits and reliefs for married couples. Its all down to encouraging marriage which the gov'ts, who are still stuck 100 years in the past in terms of social understanding, believe automatically leads to kids every time, which leads to more taxpayers (eventually). And I'm sure they do see it (they must do), that actually this will cause a bigger problem in the future as those tax payers retire and start taking their payments back... oh but by then we'll have more taxpayers, and on and on. A horrible pyramid scheme doomed to fail as we only have finite resources. The first to go will be the jobs anyway, so we'll actually have more people claiming benefits than working to pay for them. I believe Govts do see this, but choose to ignore it, because all they need to do is convince people to vote for them NOW, and to hell with what happens in 10, 20 years from now once their out of power. Sometimes they even play it tactically and let themselves lose an election when its particularly shitty, then come back in to save the day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login