Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks

Posted by thom_c 
Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks
November 07, 2014
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/man-wants-to-hire-a-fake-family-to-increase-salary-102034650537.html#comments

Man Wants to Hire a Fake Family to Increase Salary
Jennifer O'NeillWriterNovember 7, 2014

Family first. That’s what one Cleveland college student gearing up to job search believes – that a wife and baby are his first step to scoring a hefty starting salary. So he posted an ad on Craigslist offering $75 to any woman and child willing to pose as his fake family in photos to impress hiring managers!

For every “successful photo shoot,” he also offers an additional $100. “I will post approximately 12-24 photos of my “family” and my “life”, meshed together to create an entirely phony yet truly believable picture of myself,” writes the singleton, returning to finish his degree, he says, after a several year absence. “If everything goes as planned, whatever branch of whatever organization that looks into my background pending being hired for my first real job will be inevitably perusing my Facebook page and more and will come to the conclusion that I am deserving of a “Family Man” level of compensation.”

The con, he declares, is “so crazy it just might work.” The truly bizarre part? His logic isn’t unfounded.

rest at link

Breedzbel's version of the story

http://jezebel.com/cleveland-man-looks-to-hire-a-fake-family-to-increase-s-1655694411

Well it ends up far cheaper than having to deal with a wedding and offspring but it is shitty that it could be a factor in determining someone's earnings.
Re: Hire a family to circumvent male breeder perks
November 07, 2014
Man, this is an awesome article. Love it. Either this guy is simply telling people what we here already know or he knows that parents get preferential treatment at work and he is getting creative. I personally cannot blame the guy. Does a single guy deserve the same amount of pay for the same amount of work? Yes. Does it always happen like that? Not really.

Yahoo Parenting
“Married men make a lot more money than single men,” reveals a blog on the Library of Economics and Liberty.

Not to mention that men who have kids get more promotions and work related perks. Single men end up doing the extra work that married men do not do.

Yahoo Parenting
Economists refer to it as the “Male Marriage Premium” and they’re not exactly sure why it happens.

It happens because workplaces are allowed to discriminate. Single people are not protected class, so there is not much that they can do. However, lying about a family status is not really a huge deal, it is not like it is a misrepresentation of skills. There are exceptions, but not too many.

Yahoo Parenting
Regardless of why, data shows married men earn about 11 percent more per hour than men who have never been married – and divorced or separated men make about 9 percent more than never-wed men do.

Once the that gravy train starts rolling, it rarely stops. Lets face it, at one time employers used to judge people by the color of their skin. Today, it is widely perceived that family men are just better workers. A divorced duh makes more simply because it is assumed that he needs to earn more - we all know that.

Yahoo Parenting
“If the secret gets out that I live alone,” frets the Cleveland con artist, “have no children, and spend the majority of my disposable income on restoring vintage cars, I could find myself in a vastly different income bracket since it will be perceived that I can get by on less- MUCH less.”

That is why he needs to keep his mouth shut. Don't show off cars, but rather plaster a bunch of bay-bee pictures all over the fakebook. He does not have to make any statements, people will just assume things and that is exactly what he would want.

Yahoo Parenting
But Kate Kennedy, a spokesperson for The Society for Human Resource Management calls bull.

She says any HR representative worth their salt wouldn’t consider marital status when considering a candidate.

Kate, I'd hate to break it to you, but many HR managers are not worth their salt and will give preference to married candidates. Think how they got to be HR managers, someone favored them.

Yahoo Parenting
Whether or not Mr. Wannabe Family Man gets his girl, all those photos of a “fun, family friendly nature,” and his job, let it stand for the record that he was definitely right about one thing: “People are always a sucker for cute kids.”

Well, not always and not ALL people. I doubt "cute kids" would find much audience on BratFree unless they are not of human species.

If telling a white lie is going to get this dude way more money, more power to him.
November 07, 2014
The more I read the more I think that what this dude is doing is a good idea. Putting on a front in today's workplace is what it is really all about. If after he gets hired, push comes to shove and someone confronts him and asks where is the wife and kids, all he has to say is that "they left". He can always even make up a bull story that she was a single mom and he was "being a real man" and "stepped up to the plate" and was taking care of them. Anything. As long as one takes care of childryns, raises and promotions keep coming. As long as one only deals with the problems that one has created - employers love it.
November 07, 2014
Saw this earlier and Yep - we *already know*.

This is one of the reasons I tell people to find a way to work for yourself.

Skewed pay is an absolute FACT, Jack - and few are going to be able to circumvent it. You either conform to stereotypes, be super smart (often is of no use), backstab and play games, or GTFO.

I GTFO.
November 08, 2014
Zzelda
Saw this earlier and Yep - we *already know*.

This is one of the reasons I tell people to find a way to work for yourself.

Skewed pay is an absolute FACT, Jack - and few are going to be able to circumvent it. You either conform to stereotypes, be super smart (often is of no use), backstab and play games, or GTFO.

I GTFO.

For the most part, in a corporate world, one has to pretend to play "house". I don't care what kind of stories you make up, but make your persona look "conforming".

Super smart idea works for smaller companies. Let's say you are working for a small engineering firm, for example. You want to produce and perform at your best and that is how you will get rewarded. In bigger companies, money is plenty and those who are in charge of it at times play favorites. Being that it is not your manager's money that is being spent, they often favor those who they want to favor. Is there a way to deal with that? Yes. Absolutely.
Anonymous User
November 08, 2014
Shit, I'd considered doing the same damn thing, but the thought of possibly having to be part of the moo brigade, lest my secret come out, was fucking nauseating.
November 08, 2014
fade_to_pale
Shit, I'd considered doing the same damn thing, but the thought of possibly having to be part of the moo brigade, lest my secret come out, was fucking nauseating.

Just tell them it was your BF's kid but "he suddenly left without warning"
November 08, 2014
He should find a female who is CL/CF who needs a fake family in order to get the Moo perks at work and they borrow somebody's kid(s) for photos. Both sides benefit, the parent of the kid(s) get a few days of free babysitting, and the kid(s) get a few days of fun. Everybody wins.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 08, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
He should find a female who is CL/CF who needs a fake family in order to get the Moo perks at work and they borrow somebody's kid(s) for photos. Both sides benefit, the parent of the kid(s) get a few days of free babysitting, and the kid(s) get a few days of fun. Everybody wins.

Only problem is that many CF women are either too busy to browse craigslist or they are at work making money and don't have time for kiddie photo sessions. And then, getting a CF woman to tolerate a kid - that might be a challenge. The guy who got her into all of that might get beat up, too. LOL
November 09, 2014
November 09, 2014
Hell, my neighbor has 3 kids, maybe I can borrow them all. Do I get 3 times the perks?
November 09, 2014
Dorisan
Even Prince Harry .......

Needs a wife to advance his military career

Yep. Military in USA is not much different. As well as people who hold public office. One can advance as a single woman, example: Janet Napolitano, but one will not advance as a single CF man - people just don't trust us.

ETA: dating a single moo is not recommended by me. However, it will provide similar social results and a boost in pay as having wife/kids does. For prince Harry, find a single moo, get a promotion, ditch the moo. Fixed. grinning smiley
November 09, 2014
Techie
The more I read the more I think that what this dude is doing is a good idea. Putting on a front in today's workplace is what it is really all about. If after he gets hired, push comes to shove and someone confronts him and asks where is the wife and kids, all he has to say is that "they left". He can always even make up a bull story that she was a single mom and he was "being a real man" and "stepped up to the plate" and was taking care of them. Anything. As long as one takes care of childryns, raises and promotions keep coming. As long as one only deals with the problems that one has created - employers love it.

Great idea! So, this is a total win-win. Actually, Dude will get more attention when the imaginary family vaporizes, and tons of praise for "stepping up to the plate". It really appears as if this will not fail.
November 09, 2014
redheadedharlot
Techie

Great idea! So, this is a total win-win. Actually, Dude will get more attention when the imaginary family vaporizes, and tons of praise for "stepping up to the plate". It really appears as if this will not fail.

Long time ago, before Fake-me-Book came about, one of my coworkers had been asking for raise but was being ignored. Well, with my suggestion, he asked his neighbor, who was a single mom, to come to a work sponsored, family friendly, picnic. She brought her kid. A female higher up saw my co-worker and that was all it took. His next review, he had a $2 per hour raise. Her comments turned to a discussion that he is responsible, dedicated and reliable - all because she saw him with a single mom. She just assumed they were dating.

My old co-worker is still not married an has no kids. But, he has used the "trick" a few more times with great success and has a few single moos on his "roster" just for that purpose. Single moos rarely turn down a free lunch for them or their kid. The wonderful thing is that one can always find a single moo with a kid of "proper" age.

Look, if you can't tell employer that you make them a ton of money and that they need to reward you, tell them that you have starving kids. Watch how quickly raises come.
November 23, 2014

Whenever I think about this, all I can think of is "We're the Millers". waving hellolariouswaving hellolarious That movie was literally BASED on the idea that families get a free pass.
November 24, 2014
catharsist
Whenever I think about this, all I can think of is "We're the Millers". waving hellolariouswaving hellolarious That movie was literally BASED on the idea that families get a free pass.

They do indeed and not just at a workplace. Car insurance is less expensive for a married guy than for a single guy - even if both have zero claims. People who spread the seed, get rewarded. Simple as that.
November 24, 2014
Techie
catharsist

They do indeed and not just at a workplace. Car insurance is less expensive for a married guy than for a single guy - even if both have zero claims. People who spread the seed, get rewarded. Simple as that.

This is true only for men under age 30 and women under 25. After age 30, it makes no difference if one is married. However, a married couple often benefits compared to 2 single people by having two cars registered and insured at the same address through the multi-car discount. Having children can often increase a household's insurance rates because teenagers pay much, much more (either directly or through a family policy) for car insurance, something we CF people will never have to deal with. (I worked in the actuarial field for 23 years, specializing in personal auto.)
November 24, 2014
deegee
Techie
catharsist

This is true only for men under age 30 and women under 25. After age 30, it makes no difference if one is married. However, a married couple often benefits compared to 2 single people by having two cars registered and insured at the same address through the multi-car discount. Having children can often increase a household's insurance rates because teenagers pay much, much more (either directly or through a family policy) for car insurance, something we CF people will never have to deal with. (I worked in the actuarial field for 23 years, specializing in personal auto.)

Here is what I did. I ran a hypothetical scenario in the online insurance quotes. I am over 30. My rate per 6 months drops by $160 just by adding a spouse. So I called the insurance companies and I was told by 3 major companies that being married, for a man, drops the rate every time. Yep, having 5 cars and just me alone is more expensive than having 5 cars, me and an imaginary spouse. Extra drivers? No risk, apparently. There is discrimination against single people and I see it EVERY DAY! Maybe it is because I am a guy, but facts are facts.
November 24, 2014
Another thing. Married people pay less in taxes. Why?

Married people can get cheaper health insurance. Why?

Married people can get survivor benefits. Why?

Why does our society give all the perks to married people while making single people pay? Why?

I think this dude has a system figured out. He knows how it all works.
November 24, 2014
Techie

Why does our society give all the perks to married people while making single people pay? Why?

It's all true.

But I believe that in our lifetime some of this will go away. Men, especially working class ones, will eventually enter into sham marriages with one of their buddies for healthcare, cheaper insurance, etc. etc. (Note: I believe this will happen 10-20 years down the line, not immediately)

That will force governments to look at marriage "benefits" and ask... why the hell are we doing this to begin with ?
November 24, 2014
Here is another piece of information that proved that being unmarried, for a man, costs him:

http://www.autoinsurancecenter.com/what-increases-your-auto-insurance-rates.htm

AutoInsuranceCenter
Gender is also a uncontrollable factor that may increase auto insurance rates. Males get the short end of the stick here...

...Another interesting factor to note here is that a married man will get lower insurance rates than an unmarried man, even if they have the same identical driving records...

Yep, this a proof that car insurance discriminates against single men...
November 24, 2014
I stand corrected. After some of my own research, I discovered that my former company revised its rating class plan (just this past April) since I left the company 6 years ago. Among the rating enhancements were the following three:

Primary and secondary classification factors are shown with:

o A mileage component

o Married/single rating variables for all ages

o Gender rating variables for all ages

(Emphasis mine)

http://mlaconsulting.com/projects/

I guess being retired and out of the loop has its drawbacks LOL!smile rolling left righteyes2
November 25, 2014
Techie

It pisses me off, too. I have nothing against marriage as a ceremony or statement toward one's social group. I also have nothing against marriage as a contract between individuals, provided the francise is available to all. I have a big objection to marriage as the basis for discrimination and laws.

The way I see it, marriage is a contract between two or more people which lets you designate someone to make end-of-life decisions, indicates willingness to accept some financial responsibility for another (such as sponsoring immigration) and so on. It should be legal between relatives, when there is no sexual component, between people of the same sex, and it should be possible to enter into such a contract with more than one person at a time.

But the government should neither participate in nor permit discrimination on the basis of whether someone is married or not. There are benefits to living with someone and benefits to living alone, and drawbacks to both, and it's not for the government to mitigate the downsides of one alternative, effectively promoting it.

There is nothing inherently wrong with being single and it's time governments stopped peddling an outdated notion of what's ideal with the claim that it promotes national happiness. Sure, those who are privileged will be a bit unhappy to give up their privilege, but overall, a nation is best served by giving its adult citizens equal options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login