Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unexpurgated version of Grimm's Fairy Tales to be released

Posted by Dorisan 
Unexpurgated version of Grimm's Fairy Tales to be released
November 13, 2014
LINK

‘It is time for parents and publishers to stop dumbing down the tales for children,’ says editor of uncut edition

Kewl. Now I know what to tell Dh to buy me for Christmas ::gleefully rubbing hands:: devil with smile
Re: Unexpurgated version of Grimm's Fairy Tales to be released
November 13, 2014
(Shrieks)

YAY!!!!!!! I am so putting this on my list eeeeeeeepppp!!!!!!!

:meta

Thank you for posting it!

:yr
November 13, 2014
Sounds like an excellent read.

A few years ago I read "The Brothers Grimm" by Jack Zipes, which is a combination biography/literary criticism of the Grimm's stories. I already knew most of what was in the book but for those familiar with only the surface of the stories, it would be a shocking eye-opener. Definitely NOT for children. :smoke
November 13, 2014
Yes! This is going on my list too!
November 13, 2014
I want to get this! I've always been curious to read un-watered down versions of the stories. I don't know any German so I have had to wait for English translations of the unabridged stories.

Red-hot iron shoes are in this holiday season! :spin
November 14, 2014
Add me to the "WANT!!!!!" list! :jump :jump :jump :jump

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
November 14, 2014
Yuss. Scary stories BAYBAY!
November 14, 2014
Awesome. Hope this ends up on Overdrive sometime, it'll be interesting to see what the brothers Grimm actually wrote. Come to think of it, what was the deal with those guys?
November 14, 2014
I can't wait to read them! I love the original versions of their tales.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
November 17, 2014
somehow I seem to remember something about iron shoes heated in a fire and someone made to dance in them

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 17, 2014
It's on order here smiling smiley
November 17, 2014
Oooh, I want to read this! I can't wait until LSAT and law school applications are done so I can read for leisure (said while wasting time on the Internet, obvs).
November 17, 2014
Guess I found my Winter Hellidaze present for my boyfriend. One less thing to worry about.
November 17, 2014
I remember Sleeping Beauty was raped while she was asleep, gave birth to twins, they woke her up, the wife found out, sent a huntsman to kill them to serve the kiddies up to her hubby in a stew and Beauty nearly got burned at the stake for but the rapist finds out in the nick of time and saves her... Ugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
November 18, 2014
Dingo8YourBaby
I remember Sleeping Beauty was raped while she was asleep, gave birth to twins, they woke her up, the wife found out, sent a huntsman to kill them to serve the kiddies up to her hubby in a stew and Beauty nearly got burned at the stake for but the rapist finds out in the nick of time and saves her... Ugh.

Sounds like a great read! grinning smiley
November 18, 2014
It came in the mail tonight. smiling smiley

Pardon the bad photo, I am using a tablet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login