Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Something seems off about this...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Something seems off about this...
November 14, 2014
"A heartbreaking video of a grieving father singing the Beatles’ “Blackbird” to his dying newborn son after the mother died in her sleep following childbirth is being shared across the world."

LINK

I haven't watched the video (I can't stream at work), and I don't think I'd care to, but the whole article seems fishy. I wouldn't be letting anyone, friend/family or not, film me and take pictures of me as my family is falling apart around me. And I certainly wouldn't have the composure to write/say that statement towards the end of the end of the article after I'd just lost my wife and kid.

And then there's the memorial fund... all of which just goes to the grieving husband "for expenses". Well darn... why doesn't everyone just open up a damn memorial fund when a family member dies?! I know I should be saying how tragic this all is and I shouldn't be hating on the guy, but it just stinks of publicity and money-grabbing to me.

Anyway, if it is real, its another reason not to have kids. As I said, I wouldn't be able to function properly in the days afterwards if my wife were to die, and then to lose the kid means he lost his wife for absolutely nothing, other than the need to pass on his genes! I wonder if they knew if she had a condition that could cause complications with pregnancy or surgeries and carried on regardless...?
Re: Something seems off about this...
November 14, 2014
Notice how he makes no loving remarks about his deceased wife in his statement. Only his DNA replicant.
November 14, 2014
Even the men are mooing over this one on yahoonews. The guy seems to freak out over the death of the kid and the wife's death is seen as not such a big deal. Scary
November 14, 2014
Another reason to never have kids. I'll be damned if my death will barely even be a footnote to my husband.

I bet he killed them both. This is usually more a murderous woman thing, kill and play all the tragic tropes to maximize sympathy and donation money.

And how Shauna/Danny Ahern of him, with all the Beatles crap. Even naming the infant Lennon. Which, by the way, is a real shitty thing to do. Name your child after a druggie, wife beater, child abuser, adulterer, and who ultimately ended up murdered. But he sang "Imagine" so he's totes okay. Oh, and his younger son is a creepshit who groomed his current girlfriend when she was 16 and he was 33 and makes his living off of, "I'm John Lennon's son and he was murdered when he was coming home to see me! Come pay money to see my twee-ass shit! I'm riding off both my father's and Joseph Gordon-Leavitt's coattails!"

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

November 14, 2014
I wager, he knew, full well, all of this was coming.
Most likely he and his wife was (probably repeatedly) told that they should not attempt to pop a loaf, that it was life threatening for whatever reason. How do I know this?

Where on ANY of these pages does it say how she died? Why was the C-section an emergency? Hello?

The bastard KNEW she was going to croak. He basically sentenced her to death for a chance at a DNA trophy. This is why he only showed emotion when IT died. He doesn't give a crap about his wife. He murdered her.

Just my opinion, based on what I saw (and specific avoidance of details) on the various websites.
November 14, 2014
The entire thing just reeks of attention whoring to me. I am also sick to death of all this "memorial funds" to pay for loaf/kyd funerals. It's bullshit.
November 14, 2014
bunny
I wager, he knew, full well, all of this was coming.
Most likely he and his wife was (probably repeatedly) told that they should not attempt to pop a loaf, that it was life threatening for whatever reason. How do I know this?

Where on ANY of these pages does it say how she died? Why was the C-section an emergency? Hello?

The bastard KNEW she was going to croak. He basically sentenced her to death for a chance at a DNA trophy. This is why he only showed emotion when IT died. He doesn't give a crap about his wife. He murdered her.

Just my opinion, based on what I saw (and specific avoidance of details) on the various websites.

I was thinking this EXACTLY. He just wanted a golden dick out of her. That was all. He had to have killed her because doctors often know even BEFORE a pregnancy even happens whether or not a woman has a change of running the gauntlet unscathed. I would love to know more about their personal lives. I think he's even acting sad over the loaf. Maybe he planned that the loaf would die too. A fetching story, a wholesome trope, and cash left over. Just my two cents
November 14, 2014
The vom is strong with this one.
November 14, 2014
I agree. He's a murderer and possibly double murderer, and he's getting paid for it.
November 15, 2014
rifor
"A heartbreaking video of a grieving father singing the Beatles’ “Blackbird” to his dying newborn son after the mother died in her sleep following childbirth is being shared across the world."

LINK

I haven't watched the video (I can't stream at work), and I don't think I'd care to, but the whole article seems fishy. I wouldn't be letting anyone, friend/family or not, film me and take pictures of me as my family is falling apart around me. And I certainly wouldn't have the composure to write/say that statement towards the end of the end of the article after I'd just lost my wife and kid.

And then there's the memorial fund... all of which just goes to the grieving husband "for expenses". Well darn... why doesn't everyone just open up a damn memorial fund when a family member dies?! I know I should be saying how tragic this all is and I shouldn't be hating on the guy, but it just stinks of publicity and money-grabbing to me.

Anyway, if it is real, its another reason not to have kids. As I said, I wouldn't be able to function properly in the days afterwards if my wife were to die, and then to lose the kid means he lost his wife for absolutely nothing, other than the need to pass on his genes! I wonder if they knew if she had a condition that could cause complications with pregnancy or surgeries and carried on regardless...?

I didn't see the video. There is the off-chance that dud didn't know he was being filmed.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
November 15, 2014
This is what some other articles have to say about the cause of death:

On August 26, Ashley, age 30, shared publicly on her Facebook page a photo of the couple's legs and feet with a tiny pair of shoes between them with the words, "Coming Soon," one week after their seven-year wedding anniversary. Lennon, their first child was due February 22, 2015, but arrived some three-and-a-half months prematurely on November 8, 2014 after a traumatic health event for Ashley forced doctors to perform an emergency C-section.

Update: This story initially incorrectly tied Ashley Picco's C-section to her passing away. In fact the health event that caused the C-section was responsible. On Thursday Morning, Chris Picco wrote online: "There are a number of stories circulating about the cause of Ashley's death and I wanted to share that the results of the examination are not complete yet. What we know is Ashley passed peacefully. As information becomes available, I will do my best to share. Thank you for your

Source: http://spectrummagazine.org/blog/2014/11/13/chris-picco-loses-wife-and-son-only-days-apart

I read somewhere else that she died in her sleep after the c-section.

Calling him a murderer is a bit hasty at this point, IMO. And the press is quoting his FB posts after his son died. The updates only address his son, but it's possible he wrote other updates about his wife when she passed away. It's possible he wrote equally-emotional posts about his wife three days prior, but the media did not quote those posts.

Maybe she had a pre-existing condition that made pregnancy inadvisable, but she could have been seemingly-healthy and had something go wrong. Somebody has to be the one percent, ya know?

I'm totally down with trashing memorial funds. Now when people die, some kind of internet based begging fund appears shortly thereafter. You can't read one of these stories without stumbling on yet another fund. It's unseemly for people to be begging and trying to pick people's pockets after a tragedy.

ETA: And naming your kid "Lennon" should be a crime.
November 15, 2014
Mm I saw that video sorry I do not find it heartbreaking

Duhddie is a drama queen
Anonymous User
November 15, 2014
Yeah I wouldn't call him a murderer.I wouldn't be surprised if they both knew it was likely she wouldn't survive though and went ahead with the pregnasty anyway, 'cause ya know, the "potential" contributions of a chyld to the world are worth far more than the "actual" contributions of an adult smile rolling left righteyes2 ... Except of course when the chyld ends up having no potential afterall! Pre-existing health condition or not, I'm sure being in pig did not help. If they knew about her condition, then that is even worse.

I would never ever dream of sacrificing my wife - someone I love, who is actually here right now and able to appreciate my love and love me back - for the sake of a mini-me who might turn out to hate me anyway, or worst case scenario, end up killing my wife and dying itself like in this story, leaving me with nothing.
November 16, 2014
effed this up on edit - oof.
November 16, 2014
Grieving used to be a private, or at least semi-private matter among parties that were connected to the deceased.

Now, somebody dies, and it's got to become a video. And the goal is to make it go viral. What happened to genuine sadness?
November 17, 2014
I'm with you, Studiio. I personally wouldn't want my saddest moments on video.
November 17, 2014
bell_flower
I'm with you, Studiio. I personally wouldn't want my saddest moments on video.

Follow up question: Hypothetically, if your saddest moments were on video, would you publish them for the entire world to see?

This whole thing doesn't pass the smell test...
November 17, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the Duh. It's awful that the woman died (admittedly I'm having trouble conjuring up more than a couple fucks about the loaf, although I imagine its famblee is upset). But I think Duhddy or whoever posted the video knew it was going to draw attention…and how convenient, there's also a place to give donations!

You're right, Studio and bell_flower. There's something…off…about the fact that this is being broadcast for all to see. I can't imagine how any sane person wouldn't want to keep that shit private. Ah well, maybe going viral and getting $$ are worth a loss of privacy. shrug
November 17, 2014
OK - I was trying to rework the Eric Clapton song Tears in Heaven - or whatever the fuck that mess was titled smile rolling left righteyes2

Did you remember my name?
As you were falling out that window ~

Boo Hoo for me - I don't know the kid,
Some skank I fucked.

So she could get a meal ticket ~
Meal ticket flew out the window -

Would you know my name?
If I saw you splattered on the ground beneath the window?

Let me write a song -
It will make me some money ~

And how I view that is the same as how I view this maudlin, exploitative, attention whoring CRAP right here.

Same difference, minus an established recording deal.

That's where the Net comes in - they can try to DIY it like Justin Bieber. And then comes the Reality TV - they too can be Mama June or K8 - maybe even like Eric Clapton exploiting the dead kid he likely never even saw.

Would you know my name?
If I sang some schmalz on the Internet?
Never mind that I couldn't care less about you -
But now that you're dying for some reason I do!

I DETEST all this CRAP! and IMO that washed up fucker Clapton started it all with his stupid dead kid song.
November 17, 2014
It's a grab-fest utilizing the death of a loaf in order to gain pity and as much money as possible.

Typical breeder behavior.

This Duh sounds like a fucking douche.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 18, 2014
rifor
Well darn... why doesn't everyone just open up a damn memorial fund when a family member dies?!

They do, frequently. I see GOFUNDME crap pop up on my FB feed all the time for someone's funeral costs, premature/sick babies, etc. Some of the people haven't even died yet, it's just to help "with expenses". eBegging is the new normal, and it shows no signs of stopping. :headbrick

As for the video, people have no shame in sharing their every waking moment on social media. If they can catch something "pure gold" (ick) like this, all the better. Who could pass up an opportunity for attention whoring of this magnitude?
Anonymous User
November 18, 2014
Is it just me that doesn't understand why losing a newborn is generally seen as more tragic than losing the mother? I guess I've just never really understood "blood ties". I don't think I could love something so much that I've only just met. To me it would be more like "Oh well, that was a waste of 9 months!" My wife dying on the other hand, someone I have chosen to love and not had thrust in my lap, thats a different story altogether. So I just can't bring myself to show pity for a lost baby. I really am of the mindset, "just have another one". Maybe its for the best I have no breeding inclinations.
November 18, 2014
rifor
Is it just me that doesn't understand why losing a newborn is generally seen as more tragic than losing the mother? I guess I've just never really understood "blood ties". I don't think I could love something so much that I've only just met. To me it would be more like "Oh well, that was a waste of 9 months!" My wife dying on the other hand, someone I have chosen to love and not had thrust in my lap, thats a different story altogether. So I just can't bring myself to show pity for a lost baby. I really am of the mindset, "just have another one". Maybe its for the best I have no breeding inclinations.

This x1000. The worth of a baby that has existed for 10 minutes pales in comparison to a fully formed adult. Always and forever. I understand why maybe someone would feel pain, but I think it would be borne of disappointment and not grief. Shit, I would feel bad for the mother. All that pregnasty and nothing to even show for it. (In this case all she got was a ticket to the great egress)
November 18, 2014
From one comment:

His wife actually died of an aneurysm in her sleep, not during childbirth. They had to do an emergency C-section to try and save their son, but he had complications, not enough brain activity, not breathing, etc., and died 4 days after. This was reported by a family member on Reddit.

And while I like Clapton's music, I loathe that song. So seemingly phony and smarmy....then after reading the mother's side of the story I know it was phony...he wanted a baybeee, she gets inpig, he wants out. Kid grows and makes noise and is basically annoying as fuck, he wants out. Kid runs through an open window and falls 57 stories, he is all sadz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
November 18, 2014
rifor

Real breeders only commit to someone so they can breed. I don't believe they feel "love" the same way that sane people do. Many people believe the only reason to get married is to have kids. It is just a step toward breeding. There are those who can't connect with the kind of love we might have for non-relatives, and loving a person for who they really are as a person not for what they can do for us. It's a mental and emotional limitation that plenty of people have. They say they never knew love until they bred, and it is true, but they still don't know love, they know instinct much like any animal programmed to protect their young. I'm not sure why so many of humans never developed beyond that.

I have zero tolerance for someone trying to tell me I can't truly be close to my partner if I didn't breed with them and it has happened. I tell them the above truth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login