Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I'm mooching off my in-laws and wanna nuther baybee!"

Posted by Dorisan 
"I'm mooching off my in-laws and wanna nuther baybee!"
November 17, 2014
Found this on another board. I think it might be off Slate's pay fer site

Dear Prudie: After the economic downturn left my brother and his family destitute, I invited them to stay in my two bedroom townhouse with me. I gave my brother my older car and I am very proud to say he is close to getting his nursing degree. My problem is my sister-in-law will not stop sighing and whining about having another baby. It is alarming and maddening since the house is already crowded and I am the one picking up the tab for past year . I love my nephews but the thought of a newborn screaming at 3:00 a.m. makes me grind my teeth. But how can I tell my brother if his wife gets pregnant again, they can move in with our mother in Florida for all I care?

Prudie sez:You did an incredibly generous thing for your brother’s family, and what good news that he is headed toward being able to start a new and gratifying career. As you know, you cannot dictate another family’s reproductive choices. But you can dictate your own living situation. You can tell your brother that whether they decide to have more children is of course up to them. (You can leave out the part that since they already have multiple children and no income, now is not the time to increase the size of their family). But you can say that you are at your limit and that you’re not just open to having an infant in the house. Since he’s getting medical training, that should give him a leg up on figuring out an effective method of birth control.

On the bolded - hah. what about the "my roof, my rules" rule?

I wouldn't put it past the baby rabid cow to come up one month and say "tee hee. oops, I must have forgotten a pill. now you aren't going to put your brother and his pregnant wife and children out on the street are you?"

If the brother hasn't firmly shut his wife down, then she can't be trusted.
Re: "I'm mooching off my in-laws and wanna nuther baybee!"
November 18, 2014
I despise people who have kids while living off someone else's charity. It's one of the many reasons I no longer speak to a former friend and her husband. It's such a shitty, disrespectful thing to do.
November 18, 2014
alana
I despise people who have kids while living off someone else's charity. It's one of the many reasons I no longer speak to a former friend and her husband. It's such a shitty, disrespectful thing to do.

My thoughts exactly! What sortof ass clown thinks it's alright to produce more burdensome, unnecessary, bullshit when they COULD be working to better themselves. If the OP replaced "baby" with Mercedes, I bet Doodie would have changed her tripe. What an ignorant ass. I would be like "condoms or GTFO" if the condom failed "abortion or GTFO" if she had it anyway? Well, the YWCA exists for a reason. It's one think to give a man a fish, but they DO eventually have to learn to fish for themselves. It's called growing up.
November 18, 2014
Someone in the comment section speculated that the brother doesn't want another kid and is using the stay at his sibling's place as a sort of passive birth control :cool

I have to wonder about the living conditions. The OP, two adults and multiple kids in a 2 bedroom town house. Must be a roomy abode or awfully crowded. Cow must be very-very baby rabid to want to bring another kid into that atmospere.
November 18, 2014
Ok it is 2am and I am weary so if I have this wrong please feel free to tell me to shurrup, but I am sure there are many places where if you have someone in your home for a certain length of time and they have a kid with them, they get tenancy rights and cannot just be kicked out. The generous sister in this letter better be careful or she will be stuck with the whole gaggle.
November 18, 2014
sadly, tausa is right.
they will most likely have to be evicted.
depending on the state that can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to years perhaps.
all this person has to do is start charging market rate rent and that will get rid of them. or lay the groundwork.
but, given the tendency of gubmint shoving costs off onto productive individuals (not baby sows), this may prove to be harder and harder.
so much for gubmint programs for the poor welfare sows.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
November 19, 2014

As you know, you cannot dictate another family’s reproductive choices.

This is the PROBLEM with today's society. One can sit there and harass someone else TO HAVE KIDS but one cannot sit there and say that they should not have any more.

I have before and will continue for as long as I am alive to tell people that they don't need to breed anymore. However many kids they have, they have enough. If the number is zero, they have enough.
November 19, 2014
The generous sibling better start getting ducks in order, because getting the moochers out (and they ARE moochers; tough times can happen to anyone, but if you plan recreational/luxury items like a baby during that time, you are mooching) may be stickier than any disgusting toddler. A lot of states have tenancy laws that heavily favor the renter. And tausa is right; a lot of places will require a VERY lengthy legal process.

Hopefully the host can have a sit-down with her brother and make things clear. Prudie has a point: you can't stop people from making stupid reproductive decisions, but you CAN decide who lives in your home. I would go entirely through the brother for this, because there's a chance that he may not be gung-ho about another kid, and the prospect of being homeless (don't mention tenancy laws) will stiffen Duh's resolve.

If the stick turns blue, then the host gives them 30 days to find a place.
November 19, 2014
it's a two bedroom townhouse. aren't there laws about how many children adults can be in the house per bedroom?
November 19, 2014
the noodler
it's a two bedroom townhouse. aren't there laws about how many children adults can be in the house per bedroom?

I could be wrong, but I think that those are applicable to renters and landlords. If you own your own place that is a 2 bedroom house and you breed 5 kids, I am not sure that law applies. At the very least, I see large families being stuffed into 2 bedroom homes in Los Angeles area all the time and nothing is ever done about it.
November 19, 2014
Techie
the noodler

I could be wrong, but I think that those are applicable to renters and landlords. If you own your own place that is a 2 bedroom house and you breed 5 kids, I am not sure that law applies. At the very least, I see large families being stuffed into 2 bedroom homes in Los Angeles area all the time and nothing is ever done about it.

If the breeder owns it, sure. But in this case, they don't. And wouldn't renter's rights come into play if the renter was actually paying rent? I see nothing in the letter stating as much. Quite frankly, if it came down to it, the landlord, as the letter writer may be, should reserve the right to dictate the reproductive choices of the tenants. Something along the lines of, "As long as you're living under my roof without paying for shit, you don't get to have another kid. Ignore this, and our agreement is voided and you overbreeding assholes are out on the street." Except all spruced up in legalese by a lawyer.

Sister-in-law is trying to guarantee a SAHM lifestyle where she has almost none of the SAHM responsibility save for the children by getting knocked up with another kid. The first kid is probably almost school-aged and that would mean SIL would have no reason to stay at home, especially since the home she's in is not even hers. And you know she's not going to want to cook and clean in somebody else's home to earn her keep because that would basically make her a free housekeeper and not a homemaker and will have a list of ready-made excuses. The OP will find him/herself cleaning up after two kids, SIL, and brother.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 19, 2014
Techie
the noodler

Landlord-tenant and related property laws very according to the states, at least in the US. Laws governing occupancy are most likely to be zoning ordinances. Most cover unrelated persons (and are likely struck down if found discriminatory). There was a Supreme Court case covering maximum occupancy, but as I (vaguely) remember it, it focused more on the definition of "related" persons for the purposes of the law . I think its City of Edmonds vs. something or other but I really am fuzzy on it.

Here I really think the hurdle for the letter writer is mainly on going to grapple with family dynamics as opposed to legal landlord-tenant stuff. I can just hear idiot relatives/friends bellowing about how cruel she is for throwing out a piggo. Quite frankly if I were in her shoes I would give an ultimatum, but dealing with breeders is never easy as it sounds.
November 20, 2014
catharsist
alana

My thoughts exactly! What sortof ass clown thinks it's alright to produce more burdensome, unnecessary, bullshit when they COULD be working to better themselves. If the OP replaced "baby" with Mercedes, I bet Doodie would have changed her tripe. What an ignorant ass. I would be like "condoms or GTFO" if the condom failed "abortion or GTFO" if she had it anyway? Well, the YWCA exists for a reason. It's one think to give a man a fish, but they DO eventually have to learn to fish for themselves. It's called growing up.

There are places where it is nearly impossible to get a medically safe abortion if you're low income.

That's just a wee nasty fact to put in. Not really part of this story, but could be part of some stories of pregnant women on charity.

Many women who are dead broke are dumb and OR uneducated. Yes, the education system sucks that hard in some places.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login