Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breastfeeding Bar Exam

Posted by brattymcpants 
Breastfeeding Bar Exam
November 19, 2014
So it looks like a breeder wannabe attorney is losing her shit entirely over the denial to breastfeed during the fucking bar exam. So much is wrong with this I don't even know where to begin. Her original request was to get extra time to go milk herself, she then reverted to asking if she can bring the goddamned infant into the exam to titfeed.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/11/new-mother-denied-the-right-to-breastfeed-during-bar-exam/

First of all, I am a lawyer. I am also a new lawyer; I sat for the bar exam quite recently. So please, indulge me.

The bar exam is a very stressful experience. It is designed to be a stressful experience; after all, while I don't agree it has that much relevance to what I actually do, I see the point of creating stressful conditions as part of a licensing test - lawyers are meant to be professionals capable of handling the mechanics major life decisions/events (estates, divorces, family law), financials (securities, tax, consumer protection)...they are entrusted with proceedings designed to essentially make or break someone's life (criminal representation, ect). That being said, the stress of the exam as it is generally designed - what with sheer volume of information, inflexible dates, and time constraints is something that comes with the territory. This does not include some fucking entitled mombie bringing a goddamned infant into the exam room. How inconsiderate can she get?

Apparently the woman here is due around a month before the February 2015 exam. For all we know, she may not be physically able to take the bar exam due to bed rest, rough pregnancy, what have you. So this all may be moot. But because she decides that she must breastfeed her baby, she wants extra time to pump milk. I can't pretend to be that familiar with breastfeeding/pumping, but it appears (from a cursory google search I can't unsee) that that early on you don't fucking need to pump constantly.

The bar exam is two days long in most states, including Illinois, where this moocow is relocating and planning to sit for the exam. One day of the exam is state specific (or two, if you are in LA, MT, or CA, which have a three day exam). On these days, there are three hours allotted in the morning. You get a break for lunch. Then three more hours of essays. The other day, which is administered the same day across the country, involves 200 questions of multiple choice. 100 in the morning, three hours, 100 more in the afternoon, three hours. Once again, lunch break. Maybe I missed something, but is breastfeeding so demanding that you need to pump every hour, even early into moohood when you produce less milk (things I wish I didn't google, once again)?

Also. Its four three hour increments, spread over two days. Can't she milk at breaks? If she can't sit through a three hour exam increment, how will she get through a fucking deposition? A trial? And how didn't she see this fucking coming? She took the bar exam before in CA, she knows it is always, every year, without fail, in February, and in July, because every lawyer in the US knows that. Why is this suddenly an issue, months before? If she's a fucking lawyer, she should perhaps have thought that the pregnancy miiiiight have some effect on her exam. The stupid, it burns.

Finally, I know its a hassle, but its not like her job search will be incredibly productive while the loaf is a newborn, but why does she even need to take the Feb bar? Wouldn't it make more sense to take it at the other time its offered per year, at the end of July? Why anyone would take the exam just after giving birth and caring for a fucking newborn is completely beyond me. And, as an aside, her Illinois bar license will only go so far when no one wants to hire an entitled moocow more concerned with accommodations for a condition she chose instead of doing her fucking work.

The author of the article (who is basically a professional at failing bar exams) is sympathetic, but luckily the commenters are handing her breeder ass to her.
Re: Breastfeeding Bar Exam
November 19, 2014
She's trying to hedge her bets on passing the bar exam by playing the moo beefing card and forcing the proctors to give her special privileges to extend the test for her. And I'm sure she wants a private room, which basically means that there's absolutely no safeguards against her cheating.

If she brings the infant with her, then all she's doing is disrupting the other test-takers, which is completely unfair and disrespectful. My sister took the NY bar exam (passed on her first try) and it was an incredibly stressful experience. Not only that, the test is fucking expensive and if you fail, you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can take it again. So this cunt is going to seriously sit there and fuck up everybody else because she's the only person that counts. Because waiting to take the test when she's in a position to do so doesn't get her the attention and special treatment she so desperately craves.

She clearly has no business being a lawyer. There are already far more lawyers than there are jobs. My sister isn't even practicing law right now and this is after 2.5 years of unemployment post-law school graduation. This stupid cuntbitch doesn't stand a chance in hell.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 19, 2014
I totally agree with you Paragon, this whole thing reeks of "I want extra time because I'm a special snowflake." State bar exams do provide accommodations, but they are rough to get and limited to very specific cases for this very reason.

paragon schnitzophonic

She clearly has no business being a lawyer. There are already far more lawyers than there are jobs. My sister isn't even practicing law right now and this is after 2.5 years of unemployment post-law school graduation. This stupid cuntbitch doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Absofuckinglutely. The market is terrible. Its oversaturated as is, we don't need an entitled breederbrain idiot in the profession.

And yeah, the bar process is majorly expensive. My state ran me $600ish in application fees alone, before the fee to take the exam on a computer ($100), hotel rooms for the bar exam, bar prep course, ect ect. I've seen other states' application fees run upwards of $1000 just to take the exam. If someone brought an infant in I would lose my shit entirely. And for what its worth they will dismiss you if you bring in a cell phone (someone's phone rang in my friend's state during the July exam this year and the phone's owner was physically removed...we're talking security guard dragging him out); wouldn't the same logic apply to infants who are bound to wail at any given moment. FFS.
November 19, 2014
Five bucks says that the newly minted lawyers who take the test with beeferzilla will find some excuse to sue her pants off. Not that anyone would want to get her pants off.

Never fuck with a room full of bored lawyers. Bad shit happens.

But damn, the initial engineering license is one day and about a hundred questions and with it I could sign off on shit that would make Love Canal look like a bad cold...
November 20, 2014
I think this is a raving case of STFU.

She didn't HAVE to breastfeed
She didn't HAVE to get pregnant
She doesn't HAVE to take the bar test NOW

All she's doing is throwing her inpig status around as if it's something special. Nothing new here. I think the proctors are doing a decent job of schooling this beeotch about the blessed sacrifices that new mommies have to make in terms of career advancement. Seriously, did she think that squirting out a newborn was going to help her AT ALL? I think she lives under a rock..
November 20, 2014
I like how a couple of commenters are all, "So she should just wait to take a later exam and be unemployable for another 6 months?" And I'm just like, what reality are you all living in? My sister obsessively reads Above The Law. I don't, but I know that site tends to present the reality of pursuing law as a vocation. Like I just said above, the market is oversaturated. Take the exam now, take it in six months, take it a year from now, she still may not get a job for a few years. It's the Employer's Market now. They get to be picky and they have lawyers with years of experience who have been downsized and laid off and are willing to take entry-level jobs. They Google prospective employees and if they Google this entitled bitchcuntcake here, they'll see this article and immediately toss her résumé in the trash. They'll figure she's way too much trouble and too costly to take on. They'll waste money training her, she'll come in late and leave early, expect special treatment because she's a moo, whine and complain and make threats when she doesn't get what she wants when she wants it, bring bad PR on them, shit out more kids, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 21, 2014
paragon schnitzophonic
I like how a couple of commenters are all, "So she should just wait to take a later exam and be unemployable for another 6 months?" And I'm just like, what reality are you all living in? My sister obsessively reads Above The Law. I don't, but I know that site tends to present the reality of pursuing law as a vocation. Like I just said above, the market is oversaturated. Take the exam now, take it in six months, take it a year from now, she still may not get a job for a few years. It's the Employer's Market now. They get to be picky and they have lawyers with years of experience who have been downsized and laid off and are willing to take entry-level jobs. They Google prospective employees and if they Google this entitled bitchcuntcake here, they'll see this article and immediately toss her résumé in the trash. They'll figure she's way too much trouble and too costly to take on. They'll waste money training her, she'll come in late and leave early, expect special treatment because she's a moo, whine and complain and make threats when she doesn't get what she wants when she wants it, bring bad PR on them, shit out more kids, etc.

Myup. When you out yourself as an entitled, stupid cunt with lack of forethought and basic reasoning, you are NOT going to be hired as a lawyer. That's why I love these sorts of articles, because entitled bitches out themselves to the public for a good ol' blackballing.
November 22, 2014
Why can't she just get a babysitter for that day?
November 23, 2014
A few years ago, in Illinois, there was a woman who went into labor on the 2nd day of the bar exam. She finished her exam (and passed!), knowing she wouldn't get another chance for months. She then WALKED to the hospital.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-08-03/news/ct-talk-bar-exam-baby-0803-20110803_1_bar-exam-labor-contractions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
November 23, 2014
CF_Amy
A few years ago, in Illinois, there was a woman who went into labor on the 2nd day of the bar exam. She finished her exam (and passed!), knowing she wouldn't get another chance for months. She then WALKED to the hospital.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-08-03/news/ct-talk-bar-exam-baby-0803-20110803_1_bar-exam-labor-contractions

Honestly? I find to be bad ass.
November 23, 2014
Wasn't there some woman recently who is already a lawyer and made a stink about bringing her baby to court because supposedly she couldn't get a babysitter? This woman sounds like she could be that woman's twin! They ought to get together to have lunch sometime. Ye gods.

I don't purport to know anything about the conditions that are in place while taking the bar exam, but if it's a single room with multiple test-taking hopefuls trying to work, then it's preposterous to expect the rest of them to put up with a crying, beefing newborn during an occasion that they have spent a lot of money and time getting themselves ready for. They didn't ask for the baby to be there, she did, so she's the one who has to make accommodations for it by pumping on breaks or postponing the test. Bed made, lie.

I do know a thing or two about school and test taking and entrance/exit exams just in general, and though I'm not saying that this woman is using her upcoming bundle of misery as a vehicle to cheat, there are ABSOLUTELY people who would try to hide cheat sheets and what not in the baby's clothes or bag. It absolutely would happen. They would get all teary eyed and campaign to the public to pressure states for private rooms to take their bar exams and breast feed simultaneously, then when they get what they want they would slip a pre-written essay out of junior's diaper bag.
November 23, 2014
I've never taken the bar, but if I were in that exam room and that cow brought a loaf in to the room. I'd fucking lose it. Like it's not hard enough to do without some squalling brat in the room to distract the whole class?? Guess what breeder cow, there have been many other women with loaves who have done this in the past without dragging their spawn in to the testing room, you can too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
November 23, 2014
If all goes according to plan I'll be taking the bar in a few years and I would lose.my.shit. if someone brought a goddamned loaf into the exam room or created a disturbance by pumping in their seat.

Pigmoo here is asking for a fuckton of accommodations; no wonder they got turned down. And I wouldn't be surprised if she was hoping to cheat—either by being alone in a room while taking the test, or bringing materials with her into the room where she wants to pump. LSAT is very strict about this stuff so I'm not surprised it's the same way with the bar exam.

There are ways to plan around this. 1.) don't get inpig at this time, 2.) abort, or 3.) formula feed—which was, contrary to popular belief, found to be just as healthy as titty milk. It's a competitive profession, and this is one more way they weed people out. If you can't/won't take the test without spayshul czowflayke accommodations, no license for you.

I hope they deny her "appeal" and that she flunks, retakes it, and keeps flunking. bouncing and laughing
November 23, 2014
Dingo8YourBaby
I've never taken the bar, .

But I've been to quite a few ...

ducking and running

The thing I will never understand is why these cows spend the money on this type of prestigious education, but then they shit out a loaf and waste it all by being a moo?

What is the point? They will be too preoccupied with their baybee to do their job properly.

Someone else's life will depend on this moo, and she will fail them because she has fucking baybee rabies.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 24, 2014
Well, I have closed a few. Ahahahahha!!!

thom_c
Dingo8YourBaby
I've never taken the bar, .

But I've been to quite a few ...

ducking and running

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 24, 2014
Yeah, I don't get it either. Wasting all that time and resources, taking a place from someone else in the school who might actually put that degree to use, just to throw it all away being a brood mare. It really pisses me off.

drake
The thing I will never understand is why these cows spend the money on this type of prestigious education, but then they shit out a loaf and waste it all by being a moo?

What is the point? They will be too preoccupied with their baybee to do their job properly.

Someone else's life will depend on this moo, and she will fail them because she has fucking baybee rabies.

November 24, 2014
drake

Hah just don't even get me started. I see it all the damned time. I think it may be a cop out - the market is really competitive and has been in a while. I've had a theory for some time that some women realize they can't cut it and breed instead. Others play the mommy card. But seriously - what would she have done for a job interview?

And as for the other test takers being pissed, that's exactly what would have happened. Not only does the bar cost a lot of money and prep time, it messes with your fucking mind. I lost mine completely during bar prep (example: I cried...ok...bawled...because my coffee shop was out of mild roast the morning before the exam and I had to get medium instead. Not my shining moment). My friends have similar stories; everyone's in a state of high adrenaline and panic - I can see this resulting in mutiny.

As for the woman who went into labor during the bar exam, that story makes the rounds basically every bar prep since it happened. I heard a rumor that she timed her essays based on the contractions - I think its bullshit but I kind of like it. I don't condone breeding at all, but passing a bar exam during labor? I have to give props to that woman, she really gave the stork parking moomies a run for their nappies.

@rudeawakening...are you considering law school?
November 24, 2014
Why did she bother going to law school?

And no, this wannaMoo does NOT deserve special entitlements to breastfeed during the bar exam.

Bar exam!

A bar exam is a SERIOUS exam she wants to breastfeed she will NOT be taken seriously as a wannabe lawyer.

Case closed (pun intended)
November 24, 2014
It's bar exam, not milk bar, stupid moo!
November 24, 2014
selidororous

And no, this wannaMoo does NOT deserve special entitlements to breastfeed during the bar exam.

Bar exam!

A bar exam is a SERIOUS exam she wants to breastfeed she will NOT be taken seriously as a wannabe lawyer.

People need lawyers for extremely serious situations in their life: criminal charges, a major lawsuit, complex business transactions, etc. etc.

Clearly this woman is preoccupied by boobfeeding. There's nothing wrong with that, but for me she would be unemployable as my lawyer.
November 25, 2014
StudioFiftyFour
selidororous

Bar exam!

People need lawyers for extremely serious situations in their life: criminal charges, a major lawsuit, complex business transactions, etc. etc.

Clearly this woman is preoccupied by boobfeeding. There's nothing wrong with that, but for me she would be unemployable as my lawyer.

I would sooner trust a flapper with my life savings than hire her for jack-shit fuck-all. I could imagine being up for some charge and her telling me she can't show up because her boobs are leaking or bringing the child into court so the jury can fuck me over because they hate HER.
November 26, 2014
My sister was pretty on edge about her bar exam. She took in New Orleans just before Hurricane Katrina plowed through and was worried the exam ended up under water when the city flooded. Luckily it hadn't and she passed and was very relieved she didn't have to take it again.

This lady needs to forget about taking it for now if she has to breastfeed during it. She should take it at a later time once she is able to do so without interruption.
November 26, 2014
If I had someone fighting for my life, like a lawyer, I wouldn't want someone with a fresh loaf doing it. Just sayin'. Their mind will be on the sprog and beefing, not on my problem.
November 26, 2014
I guess I'll never 'get' the concept of a woman in this position not considering 'pump in advance, wear pads in the bra, leave pumped milk home in fridge or take it to the BABYSITTER where loaf should remain for the entire 3 days the exam runs'. They just don't think.. or they don't plan .. or, doG forbid little loafleigh may just curl up and expire without her. If that's the case... moo shouldn't even BE a lawyer. She's too stupid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login