Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kyd points fake gun at people; pays with his life

Posted by rudeawakening 
Kyd points fake gun at people; pays with his life
November 23, 2014
http://fox8.com/2014/11/23/12-year-old-boy-shot-by-police-officer-outside-rec-center-has-died/

According to Cleveland police, witnesses first reported around 3:30 p.m. Saturday that a male was in the playground area outside Cuddell Recreation Center, waving a gun and pointing it at people.

One 911 caller said the suspect was “probably a juvenile” and that the gun was “probably a fake.”

When two officers arrived, they found the boy and ordered him to raise his hands. He did not comply with the officers’ orders and reached into his waistband, according to police. Shots were fired, and he was hit in the torso.

It's too bad the kyd had to die, but he was being a jackass. The officers were just doing their job. They had no way of knowing for sure whether or not the gun was real, and the safety indicator had been removed. If they took the time to figure it out and it had been real…it might have been too late.

Cue the lowing: "How could they shoot a CHYULD?!?!" :drool
Re: Kyd points fake gun at people; pays with his life
November 23, 2014
Shouldn't have been a dipshit. When a police officer tells you to put your hands up and point guns at you, you fucking put your hands up, particularly if you are innocent of any actual wrongdoing. You'll get a better turnout if you arent resisting. Provided that cops in your area AREN'T corrupt, in which case forget all I said.
November 23, 2014
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! :bedmadelie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
November 23, 2014
Oh there's been plenty of the usual "But how could the cop shoot an innocent CHILD?" statements going around. What was the cop supposed to do? Look up what the kid had in his hand in a gun field guide and try to identify it before taking action? Or maybe read the kid's mind?

People are being ridiculous and making it out like the cops were just out for blood. This kid was old enough to understand what they were asking him to do. If they want to blame someone, blame the person who bought him the gun.
November 23, 2014
The orange tip was removed from the gun.

This is a side by side view of an Airsoft Glock 19 and an actual Glock 19 Semi Auto Pistol.

Pull off the orange tip and in a perceived decide or die situation the end result is predictable.

I'm surprised there hasn't been pressure on Airsoft to just make them all orange. That still wouldn't stop some moron from then coloring them black. It goes back to parental responsibility. These things shoot plastic projectiles. Anything like that should be controlled by / monitored by the parents. Anything that shoots a projectile is not a toy. Ever.

Darwinism in action.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 23, 2014
Guess he won't do that again.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
November 23, 2014
That is nuts, Tom. Somehow they should alter the body of the gun so it doesn't resemble a Glock so much. Whatever happened to toy guns that looked fake and plastic?

People are still going on about how horrible the police are. Kids shooting people is hardly unhead of these days. Practically every few months some young kid goes on a rampage.

I'm not going to praise cops for everything because they do plenty wrong, but these people who are so upset about what happened should never call 911 for anything. Deal with it yourself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/23/boy-fake-gun-shot/19438005/
November 23, 2014
Having worked with young offenders, I could point you to criminal case-files several inches thick of some twelve year old boys.

I personally knew clients in that age range of 11-13 years old who raped senior citizens, set buildings on fire with people inside, beat other kids to the point of hospitalization, held an ice pick to someone's throat and much more.
November 23, 2014
The song "Another One Bites The Dust" seems appropriate in this case.

Yeah, I'm going to hell grinning smiley
November 24, 2014
I don't consider a BB gun to be a fake gun since they can hurt someone. Anyone who points a gun at a police officer is not innocent.
November 24, 2014
thom_c
The orange tip was removed from the gun.

This is a side by side view of an Airsoft Glock 19 and an actual Glock 19 Semi Auto Pistol.

Pull off the orange tip and in a perceived decide or die situation the end result is predictable.

I'm surprised there hasn't been pressure on Airsoft to just make them all orange. That still wouldn't stop some moron from then coloring them black. It goes back to parental responsibility. These things shoot plastic projectiles. Anything like that should be controlled by / monitored by the parents. Anything that shoots a projectile is not a toy. Ever.

I hope they don't try to blame airsoft for this. In all reality, air guns are not toys. Why was such gun in kid's hands without a parent present is a very good question. Real looking guns - not for kids.
November 24, 2014
Why did he reach for the airsoft gun? Pretty sure you can still hurt someone with those and he must've been planning to do something with it. Police are obviously trained for this very scenario and reacting on a reflex which has been trained in is just what you do if someone is threatening you with a weapon you are unsure is real or not.
November 24, 2014
KitsNotKids
Why did he reach for the airsoft gun? Pretty sure you can still hurt someone with those and he must've been planning to do something with it. Police are obviously trained for this very scenario and reacting on a reflex which has been trained in is just what you do if someone is threatening you with a weapon you are unsure is real or not.

They are going to fault everyone but the kid himself in this one.
November 24, 2014
my airsoft guns look fake as hell, ON PURPOSE. I bought a really nice big yellow monstrosity that was perfectly weighted in just the right places, small kickback, plenty of accuracy and fits just right in my hand.. :drool

But it's big and yellow. If someone shot me over it, then they're a dick. Although, I wouldnt be dumb enough to point a gun at COPS. And yes.. yes you can hurt someone with an airsoft, depending on its range and power. My yellow one raises welts and my little colt couldn't strike down a quite diminutive lizard. Not that I would shoot a lizard because I totes love lizards.
November 24, 2014
It's not like twelve-year olds NEVER shoot people. The cop was doing what he was trained to do. The kyd pointed a dangerous-looking weapon, and the officer did what he was supposed to do.

It doesn't upset me too much, because sometime down the line, that kyd would have pointed a real gun at someone, and probably killed them.
November 24, 2014
That little tiny bit of "safety orange" is going to be a BIG help at night. (snark) I agree, the kid screwed up BIG TIME and paid a BIG TIME price. The cops did nothing wrong. I knew better than to make a finger-gun at a policeman, let alone point a physical gun at one, by the time I was five. If my dad had caught me at this, I'd have wished fervently that all I had to deal with was the cop blowing me away. Dad was small, but his rage was unbelievable. What's this dumb kid's excuse?
November 24, 2014
Yeah, I'm not going with ya'll's knee-jerk reaction to this. I've been seeing conflicting accounts between this and eyewitness accounts (including the fact that the boy's sister was there when he was shit and understandably freaked out and she was thrown to the ground and then the brother came out and he was thrown to the ground) and with recent events showing that cops are full of shit and protecting their own comes first before the people they swore to protect, I'm saving my opinion. Plus, somebody else just got shot to death by cops a few weeks ago in a toy store because a 911 caller lied his ass off and said the guy was pointing a gun at people until the security tapes came out and showed that the guy was doing no such thing. He had the toy gun at his side and wasn't playing with it at all.

And quite frankly, when somebody who shoots up a movie theater full of people and kills a bunch of them and somebody else kills two state troopers and they're both somehow managed to be taken alive, I fail to see how a kid playing with a toy gun needed to be shot to death.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 25, 2014
I see this as the inevitable result of gun culture which both influences the police officer's readiness to shoot and the idea that it is possible for something like a gun to have a 'toy' version for children. The US seems completely out of control in this regard, with the number of mass shootings, police shootings, and individual gun murders. It isn't just access to guns, since Switzerland has high levels of gun ownership, it appears to be something about the way people think about guns.

I don't see the kid as a fully innocent victim here, but I think he was caught up in something that went far beyond him. He behaved stupidly given the culture in which he lives, a culture that at 12 he should have been aware of (and by this I also mean the racial culture, which makes it more likely that he'll be judged dangerous), but to cast the entire blame on him ignores the fact that there are some seriously fucked up things about the culture he's in.
November 25, 2014
I am going to venture that the militarization of the police has a lot to do with the trigger happy egomaniacs the field is attracting these days. Case in point: Ferguson. He had a baton, a Taser and was sitting in a car and immediately reached for the last resort weapon and shot away.

To compare, I have a hard time getting my security badge off my pants pocket when I am trying to drive out of the parking garage. And that is small and in front.

While the alleged gun may have looked like a Glock, I too will reserve judgment....Ferguson, Baltimore dog killing cops, and countless others show that the police forces are not attracting the best in class. And they have the full protection of the court system.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
November 25, 2014
yurble
I see this as the inevitable result of gun culture which both influences the police officer's readiness to shoot and the idea that it is possible for something like a gun to have a 'toy' version for children. The US seems completely out of control in this regard, with the number of mass shootings, police shootings, and individual gun murders. It isn't just access to guns, since Switzerland has high levels of gun ownership, it appears to be something about the way people think about guns.

I don't see the kid as a fully innocent victim here, but I think he was caught up in something that went far beyond him. He behaved stupidly given the culture in which he lives, a culture that at 12 he should have been aware of (and by this I also mean the racial culture, which makes it more likely that he'll be judged dangerous), but to cast the entire blame on him ignores the fact that there are some seriously fucked up things about the culture he's in.

Same. Getting a gun in Italy is not that hard neither (you do need to have a permit, but it is not particularly difficult to get) but people simply don't think the same.

This kind of culture is poisonous and dangerous.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
November 25, 2014
Bottom line- comply with the fucking cops, don't act like a little thug, and ya won't die.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 26, 2014
peace-n-quiet
Guess he won't do that again.

spewing water due to laughingwaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious:
November 26, 2014
KitsNotKids
You can even kill someone if they are close enough and they are shot through certain areas of their head. There are a ton of news articles filled with parents getting their kids some bb gun, and finding out too late when their kid shoots a sibling, that yes, it needs to be treated as if it's a regular gun. Although it seems to be the mainly derpy parents who think bb guns are a harmless kid's toy. :gun1
November 26, 2014
Techie
They are going to fault everyone but the kid himself in this one.

A hell of a lot of the blame lies at the door of the idiot parunts for letting the kyd carry the thing round, or even to give that to a 12 year old in the first place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login