Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder Professor? :wtf

Posted by addiea raine 
Breeder Professor? :wtf
November 24, 2014
Yes I'm trying to finish school....again. Going for my Master's this time. There is no way in the 9 levels of Hell I can do traditional again....I did my time....so I'm doing it online. We have a discussion board and I don't know if she just didn't really read my response or just did the throw something in there.

The question was:

"Although women occupy more than half of all management and professional positions, they have fewer developmental opportunities at work than do men (Northouse, 2012). In addition to having fewer responsibilities in the same jobs as men, women are less likely to receive encouragement, be included in key networks, and receive formal job training than their male counterparts. Why do women face these differences? What can be done to make these outcomes more equal?"

My response:

"It's very simple: women are different from men and the majority of management positions are filled by men. We just had a manager ask to be moved from his position at PC because he just didn't know how to handle women. It sounds odd but for the most part men just can't deal with women in a job position, they have never been trained and for some they are scared to because of news events of women screaming harassment. I believe many find it easier to overlook women for higher positions because of the perception that women are weak, will scream harassment at the slightest provocation, will use any excuse to shirk their jobs and are generally feeble minded. For these males extra training so they are more comfortable with the idea of giving women responsibilities would be best.

For the rest though there is no help or hope.

There is the other side of this and its as ugly as anything: misogyny.
These men believe that women have no place in the workforce, many times they will even cite bible verses stating so. One of my engineers is like this. He and one of his friends made several uncomfortable statements when they thought no one was around. Very unpleasant but not surprising. Among these men belongs another segment of misogynists that are few but sadly growing and that is the group that believes women should be nothing but slaves to men. If man demands she should be violently violated and humiliated then that is what she should be. This idea of "rape culture" is spreading among the younger generation and even seeping into the older generation. There are even websites dedicated to the eradication of women who think for themselves and to make the rest of women into virtual slaves. They are small but they are growing thanks to the internet. With the internet, hate-mongers of anything can meet in anonymity without any fear of reprisal. The most recent example of this was the video of the young woman walking in New York City for 10 hours and was harassed while just minding her own business. When it was posted, she was threatened relentlessly with threats of violence ranging from rape to the murder of her and her whole family. Even the gaming world where anonymity is key is not safe from these people. A game developer was recently threatened with her life and the person threatening her posted her address and told her he was on his way. Emma Watson was threatened for speaking at the UN on feminism. In her speech she defined it "For the record feminism by definition is the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities. It's the theory of the political, economic and social equality of the sexes." (Dassanayake, 2014). This was enough for the good people at 4CHAN to threaten to release nude photos of her for daring to speak on equality for all. This is pack mentality that can never truly be phased out.

These ideas are growing. They are found everywhere from school, work, even in churches, is the idea that women should be nothing but a wife and mother. Any goals she has for herself are to be considered selfish and undesirable. Women are to be objects for the use of men was once upon a time the way things were. We have come so far only for this generation to take it for granted that things can never return to what they once were and they are sadly mistaken. Our own governor violated his promise to not sign anti-choice restrictions into law. Whether you are for or against abortion is a deeply, personal choice. But for many this is something that they face whether because they just don't want a baby or for the most part medical. Our own governor is doing everything he can to close down the only women's health clinic in the state because he believes that "women need to be protected" (The Guardian, 2014). It's this idea that we don't know what we want and how dare we even try to think for ourselves even in matters as personal as this is how women are losing equality every single day. This younger generation doesn't remember having to submit to harassment just to keep a job, or being terrified to get pregnant because of probably losing said job. Even getting pregnant out of wedlock, the woman bared the brunt of the shame while the man who got her pregnant went his merry way. What's scary is we still believe this way. Men are studs when they have sex with anything, but women are nothing but the dirt on the ground if she has sex even once.

There is no training in the world that is going to change this. There is nothing that can be done with this younger generation. This is how SOCIETY is now and until SOCIETY changes there will never be a change. "

My Professor's response?:

"Thank you for your response, Angie. As a mother, I know how difficult the work/life balance can be. What programs do you think organizations can implement to relieve this stress for their female employees? I personally believe an onsite daycare would be very beneficial."

Has breeding made her lose her mind or am I just seeing it out of text?

Thoughts?
Re: Breeder Professor? :wtf
November 24, 2014
I can't see how she thinks a daycare helps with any of the issues you addressed in your response. :eyebrows
November 24, 2014
Woah, lol! I think she agrees that the rape culture segment of society DOES want to enslave women as breeding stock only, but perhaps if workplaces have daycare, broodmares can still get a little time off from the cuntnuggets and be productive in other ways than merely taking a load.

I've officially had an overload of impregnation fantasies for today. Gag!
November 24, 2014
Presto
Woah, lol! I think she agrees that the rape culture segment of society DOES want to enslave women as breeding stock only, but perhaps if workplaces have daycare, broodmares can still get a little time off from the cuntnuggets and be productive in other ways than merely taking a load.

I've officially had an overload of impregnation fantasies for today. Gag!

Business exists to make a profit. End of story.

My company is not different.

Guess why we don't have a daycare? Because we're not a goddamn daycare center.

I'm tired of "family friendly" bullshit in the workplace. It has no business in the workplace. The same goes for breeder charities, LifeScript event parties, etc. etc. etc. I'm tired of all of this bullshit. I go to work to earn a living and most of the ladies I work with do the same. Typically your "family friendly" women are the ones that are dragging everyone else down, slowing down the wheels of commerce and bogging down productivity.

I've got a few good ideas and thought about starting my own company but quite honestly two things stop me: 1. Government overregulation, and more importantly, 2. Breeders.

I'm not interested in hiring them. I don't care about their childcare issues, endless demands, charities, fundraisers, etc. And I'm not interested in hiring moms who need a maternity leave every 18 months so they can have another kid.

None of this is personal. It's just best that I don't manage my own company because as I get older, I have less and less patience for the bullshit.
November 24, 2014
addiea raine

"Thank you for your response, Angie. As a mother, I know how difficult the work/life balance can be. What programs do you think organizations can implement to relieve this stress for their female employees? I personally believe an onsite daycare would be very beneficial."

Thoughts?

Translation: I was too infested with breeder brain to read a single fucking word of what you just wrote. :drool
November 24, 2014
I like your response, but I (and some other folks here, I imagine) think your professor - or any woman - loses all credibility when she begins her retort with "As a mother." Sluicing does not make you an expert on anything besides maybe pregnancy symptoms and how contractions feel. WTF does her Mooing have to do with anything? That's probably also a big reason why women aren't taken as seriously in the workforce: they mix famblee bullshit with work, and their work suffers as a result. And since you can't legally ask women about their reproductive choices/plans during interviews, employers have to assume that all women are breeders and wanna-breeders who will put baaaaybeee first and work second. As opposed to breeder men, who will likely put work first and family second because he has to work to support his brood and house monster wife. So, for Duhs, they also put family first, but in a productive way. If that makes sense.

I kinda wish it wasn't illegal to inquire about reproductive status because, if it meant I'd have an advantage over my breeder peers in the hiring process, I'd gladly tell an employer, "I have no kids and never will, so I won't need maternity leave EVER."

But back to your discussion. I fail to see how a daycare on the premises would help female employees. That might help with babysitting costs, but I don't see how it would help male employees to better accept women in the workforce and give them greater chances to advance up the professional ladder. A daycare would be dandy for breeder women, but what the fuck will it do for parents whose lives don't revolve entirely around their kids, or for childless and childfree women? How will a fucking daycare redeem them in the eyes of their peers and managers? Work is for work; not for reading Facebook, playing on your phone or calling your kids every fucking hour. Your kids are your problem, not your employer's.

Unfortunately, I don't think changing attitudes about working women is something that has to happen in the workplace... at first, that is. It would involve an entire cultural shift. I don't know why it's so fucking hard to just pay someone what they're worth, regardless of gender. Then some people get huffy when they see a lady working in a "men's" profession, such as tech support or car repair. Just my two cents.
November 24, 2014
Cambion
But back to your discussion. I fail to see how a daycare on the premises would help female employees. That might help with babysitting costs, but I don't see how it would help male employees to better accept women in the workforce and give them greater chances to advance up the professional ladder. A daycare would be dandy for breeder women, but what the fuck will it do for parents whose lives don't revolve entirely around their kids, or for childless and childfree women?

And once again it's worth pointing out that economics will rear it's ugly head if daycares are installed.

Here's the essential question: Who actually pays for the daycares? Remember, this stuff isn't free.

Will it be the workers through reduced wages?

Customers through increased costs?

Management through reduced salaries?

My guess is that your run-of-the-mill workers and middle management will receive less in compensation to make up for the cost of the daycare. That's the bottom line. The CEO isn't taking a pay cut, and the customer will simply buy their goods/services from a competing, cheaper firm.

And so, at the end of the day, you'll have the vast majority of employees without children subsidizing the child care of those who do. Yet another reason why catering to breeders in the workplace is counterproductive and insane.

The counterargument is that, "workers are so much more productive when they aren't worried about childcare!" And that's easily refuted when you examine the fact that childfree people have more hours that they can work, don't complain about the lack of childcare, and are more productive because they don't drain a company's time and resources for nonsensical "perks," which by the way bring down the morale of everyone else who know that they're getting slighted to provide such "perks" for the breeding class.
November 25, 2014
Clearly, the personal is political. If femoonists would see that childcare isn't a woman's issue but a parental issue and insist on their partners taking equal responsibility before they breed and stick with it after breeding, having children wouldn't drag women down any more than it does men.

To this I would respond that it is obviously an issue that goes beyond childcare. If we assume that lack of childcare is the reason that women don't succeed, and 1/4 of women end their reproductive years without children, we would expect to see a 4:1 ratio of men to women in the top positions. But that's not the case, is it?

The only way to argue against that point is to suggest that women who become mothers differ from women who do not become mothers in terms of how driven and ambitious they are, and that mothers are the more ambitious of the two. Anyone who makes that claim doesn't get to rely on mommy bloggers talking about their mad multitasking skillz but must instead directy address why women without children are portrayed as career-driven.
November 25, 2014
Wow, your prof's answer completely sidestepped so much of what you brought up. That's mind-boggling.

As for her mommybrain suggestion: Yeah, I guess an onsite daycare would be handy. It would give the childed a convenient place to park their kids, and eliminate one parental excuse for running late/leaving early. If Sneauphlaikke is only two floors down and the daycare's open when the office is, no need to leave early to get to daycare in time. Parents would have to put in their full day. But don't make it free. Or subsidized. At all. Parents can damn well pay for it.

I'm still stunned by your prof's non-answer, by the way.
November 25, 2014
rudeawakening
addiea raine

Thoughts?

Translation: I was too infested with breeder brain to read a single fucking word of what you just wrote. :drool

After everything OP said, all that the teacher can think of is onsite daycare? saying 'wtf' ranting
November 25, 2014
addiea raine

...and employers, politicians etc always seem to think of "women's issues" as being all about babies as if that's all we want and all we care about. Where I work I'm not interested in free daycare, flexible working, maternity pay etc- just give me training, travel opportunities, conference grants, extra responsibility and useful experience, etc- all the things you'd expect the men to demand!

When the UK's 2015 general election rolls round I'm sure us women will get more politicians trying to court us with breederiffic famblee-friendly crap. Great. smile rolling left righteyes2
November 25, 2014
I think it would be worth it for you to send a private message to your professor and ask her about her response. She was so off base that I wonder if she got her wires crossed and thought that she was responding to another student's post. I would just politely point it out. After all, I am assuming that you are paying for that education, call that fucker out! If she didn't get her wires crossed, it may have been a canned response, which means she DIDN'T read your post and is not engaged in actually teaching at all.
November 25, 2014
It sounds as if this woman shat her brains out with the placenta! Either she's too stupid to answer your question, or she feels that every woman's (read moo's) problem is fixed with onsite daycare. sarcastic clapping

Anyone who says, "As a moo..." I would take with a grain of salt, because you know they aren't going to give you a very good answer.

Typical breeder-brained twunt.
November 25, 2014
Gah, how I LOATHE the "as a moo..." line. Everything else after that just becomes a big "wah wah mooooo" to me. It is obvious she totally did NOT get the great response you gave. I am reading "The Baby Boon" right now...it has some great stuff in there about catering to the breeders and leaving the childfree/childless in the dust.
November 25, 2014
mumofsixbirds
It sounds as if this woman shat her brains out with the placenta! Either she's too stupid to answer your question, or she feels that every woman's (read moo's) problem is fixed with onsite daycare. sarcastic clapping

Anyone who says, "As a moo..." I would take with a grain of salt, because you know they aren't going to give you a very good answer.

Typical breeder-brained twunt.

Sorry for quoting myself, I meant to say, "reply to your response".
Slight brainfart.
November 25, 2014
Thanks guys for the support :yr.

I really thought that maybe I was taking it out of context...maybe I put something that led to this....thanks for making me less crazy :beer

Here is my response:

Hi Professor.

No I don't think having an onsite daycare would solve the problem of men objectifying and seeing women as nothing more than wives and mothers. If anything this would reinforce the stereotype that women are being typecasted into as nothing but objects. I refuse to have children, why should I be considered nothing if I don't have kids like this role that is slowly being forced onto society states? I am more than that. I have done so many different jobs in my short life, and to have someone basically assume that I am nothing more than a wife and mother is appalling. Yet this is what we see. Nor would I think that having an onsite daycare in any facility is a good idea due to the increase of workplace violence and of course cost. Daycare center's are typically not on any list that madmen normally choose to dispense their favorite brand of violence on their unfortunate victims. Places of worship, schools and places where business is conducted are the usual victims that are picked out. Let's also not forget the Oklahoma City bombing and of course the Trade Towers. People thought it was a wonderful idea to have onsite daycare, and the outcome was anything but wonderful. I cannot imagine my employer having the irresponsible decision to have a daycare within a mile of the shipyard. When things go bad, they go bad FAST the worst thing that could possibly happen would be to have someone think of checking on their kids in the daycare instead of doing their job to keep whatever happened from getting out of control. Not all that long ago we had a shooting in my building. Two people were killed. What if the shooter had decided to hole up with the kids in the daycare? Now you have an unstable man with a room full of perfect hostages. One of the places I worked at had the perfect saying: "Work stays at work, home stays at home." If women want to be taken serious, if we want to stop the objectifying, then we need to leave home at home and prove the culture wrong.

We'll see what happens grinning smiley
November 25, 2014
I think you raised a bunch of great points in your response AND were far more polite than I could have been. thumbs upup I would be interested to see how she replies, if she does and you want to share.

I hadn't thought of the violence aspect, but since you mentioned it, I remember visiting the Oklahoma City bombing memorial and they had an area with a bunch of chairs, with each big chair representing an adult who was killed and each small chair representing a chyuld from the daycare…19 kyds died. Since chyldrun's lives are so much more important to breeders, they don't want to risk that happening again, do they? :eyebrows
November 25, 2014
If breeders can demand a kiddie daycare, I can demand a doggie daycare on-site at my job. Mr. T: I pitty tha foolongue2
November 25, 2014
Your response to her ignorant, breeder brained drivel was concise and accurate. My one critique is that you told her you were child-free. She's too stupid to read anything other than "this person has no children (the fiend) and thus is not a mother and so their response carries no weight". Granted, all it does is show what we already knew, but I would have kept it secret. I also liked the emphasis on you being more than just a mom and wife. Very riveting and sure to piss on her Cheerios.
November 26, 2014
Somehow I don't think you're getting a good grade in this class...start your documentation now with screenshots of this conversation. Now that you've said you don't intend to become a mother and failed to show deference for her being one (instead of sticking entirely with the "it puts children at risk" approach which most of the public will swallow), she'll be a rare breeder who can keep that from influencing her opinion. The fact that she already mentioned "as a mother" indicates she's not going to be remotely objective.
November 26, 2014
While on the one hand I agree that saying that one is CF may be problematic in some cases, on the other I don't think that being closeted will advance the CF cause. The world needs reminding that we exist, that we come in all shapes, sizes, colors etc. Just my two cents

Yurble has the right idea, document everything in case things go badly.
November 30, 2014
I think the onsite daycare comment could be typical lazy moo prof response, especially if this is an online course. The fact you called her out on that she might be worried she could get in trouble for that response.
November 30, 2014
So far she hasn't responded at all to that comment...think she is a bit miffed but we'll see what the verdict is in the next couple of weeks. It did take her almost 2 weeks to grade one of my assignments, so methinks she's too wrapped up in her own world. Could be worse, I could have the "don't even think of speaking bad about politicians!" teacher I had for the last class :nerd
December 01, 2014
Your thoughtful response was essentially mommy-jacked...by your PROFESSOR! moo with baybeem
December 24, 2014
Update:

I've passed the class with a B. Very happy she didn't hold it against me that I'm CF. I really hope that was the last of them but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login