Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"They want to make Soho all about families"- another music venue bites the dust

Posted by screaming sausage 
Madame Jojo’s, legendary Soho nightclub, forced to close

They want to make Soho about families - shopping, going out to eat, going to the theatre. The bars shut at 11 and you’re home by midnight.

The official reason Madame Jojo's was closed down was a fight between the bouncers and a customer, but plenty of rougher clubs see that sort of thing all the time and manage to hang on to their licences. It looks like the real story is a developer wanting to "gentrify" Soho further and the council only being too happy to help them. Nope, Madame Jojo's is probably the latest victim of well-to-do breeders moving to a vibrant area and then complaining that it's too vibrant so they can set about spoiling it for everyone else. No doubt developers wanting to attract famblees also want to get rid of all of the sleazy places, the gay bars, the cabaret nights and everything else that makes it Soho.

I moved to London in 2000. I spent just over a decade there, during which I saw countless bars, markets, clubs etc shut down to make way for "luxury apartments" and "retail developments". Plenty of other clubs and bars were shut down when famblees moved into the new luxury apartments nearby despite knowing the clubs and bars were there forst, then got worried about the noise lowering the value of their famblee home and complained to the local council to get them shut down.

It's not enough that businesses are already bending over backwards to accommodate breeders and their screaming spawn, oh no, they also want to ruin things for the rest of us who chose not to fuck up our lives the way they did. They can't have nice adult things anymore, so they want to make sure we can't have them either.

We need a child-free city and we need it NOW!
Oh my dog this has literally shocked me! Madame Jojo's was one of the first places I went to after moving to London, I remember it was an indie night called 'White Heat'. Lots of people I know have performed burlesque at Mme Jojo's over the years. This is just so sad! London is rapidly turning into a snoozefest of Pret-A-Manger and Costa Coffee.

Hell yeah, we really need a CF city, and the sooner the better!
Bitches! Why can't people see that breeders ruin everything they fucking touch and stay the hell away? Like really! WHY.
I was in Soho for a hen night in the summer, and I was shocked at just how smug it had become, and how many damn famblees everywhere. In the place we went to at lunch time, they seated a table of ladies on a hen party next to a fambalee birthday do - I mean, how stupid can you get. Needless to say, we did not moderate our drinking or language, even some of the hens who have kids were like "hell no, this is my weekend of freedom" and got plenty of dirty looks from the famblee table, but it was the restaurant's fault for putting those two tables together if you ask me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login