Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Would you like to donate to help out an animal for the holidays?" "Sure!"

Posted by Anonymous User 
Just got back from making a Petco run. This is the first time the cat has been able to directly see a Christmas tree (we've either not had one or had a tabletop one before), and of course she's drawn to the shiny dangling ornies. So, off to the shop to get some repellent and a new toy to distract her.

As happens everywhere this time of year, the checkout girl asked if I'd like to make a donation to help out shelter animals. The amounts are tiered-- $2 buys a toy, $5 buys vaccinations, etc. I'm telling myself some poor, sweet critter has a new bed ($10) because of me.

The other day at Safeway, I refused to donate $1 to "help a needy family" (merely the most recent instance of holiday "faaaaamily" begging). I enjoyed reminiscing while giving ten times that to help an animal.

I can *taste* your petulant rage, lurking moos. It's DELICIOUS. devil with smile

Parunts get insane amounts of financial and social breaks for spawning, even the "needy families". Pet owners get zero... not even a tax deduction for food or vet care. Pet owners are freely discriminated against when it comes to renting or vacationing-- because yeah, my 13-year-old cat is so much more destructive than your three small boys... And let's not forget how you fuckwits treat a "beloved" pet once you've grunted out a DNA replicant.

This time of year, we CF are magically on a level par with breeders, because everyone's expected to "help a neeeeedy family have a Christmas". Well, I use this time of year to give back what is heaped upon us during the other 11 months-- and I relish it. Just my way of "paying it forward". bouncing and laughing
Yeah, just thinking about all the government handouts breeders get makes me stabby. angry flipping off

Why should I fork over my AFTER TAX dollars to subsidize other people's lifestyle choices? :sbx

Can't feed 'em, shouldn't breed 'em.

Edit: Pets are cuter than kids.
The place I am working at right now (an outdoor volunteering/conservation centre) is dealing with a LOT of service users and volunteers who are totally destitute. I'll tell you who the destitute ones are - the lone, single adults with no kids. There are multiple safety nets for families, all kinds of help and handouts you can't get if you don't have brats. Try being a single adult male and see who wants to help you, closely followed by being a single adult female, and then an adult couple with no kids.

My workplace is donating a day of our time just before X-mess to take food from our community cafe to one of the homeless shelter in the city, which they do every year, and help them prep for the Christmas meals, and this particular shelter is adults only - no families, but they will cater for dogs thumbs upup. There has to be somewhere that offers help to singles and couples with no children in dire straits - you'd be forgiven when you read the news for thinking that austerity only hurts families, but the ones suffering the most are the ones who don't have kids. We are feeding people twice a day so they don't go hungry, and packing them sandwiches or a portion of soup from the cafe and a piece of fruit to take home with them, because otherwise they wouldn't eat, and it is more difficult to get a food bank referral if you don't have children.

So, I won't donate to any fambalee begging at this time of year, and I am sick of families whining about how hard it is when most of the brunt of the cuts have been borne by people without children.
"Why sure, I'd love to help out a needy family"

*disappears to personal care section, reappears with a mega-size box of condoms*
A needy family? Sure, I'll help. *pulls out scissors*
KitsNotKids
"Why sure, I'd love to help out a needy family"

*disappears to personal care section, reappears with a mega-size box of condoms*

Hmmm. Maybe I'll make a donation to Toys for Tots this year after all... devil with smile
I see shit like this a lot even on eBay. When I buy something, there's almost always the option of donating to a charity and 99 percent of the time, it's something brat- or famblee-related. Just in the last two months, I've seen at least four different charities pop up on my checkout screen, none of which I donated to because it was kid shit. Only TWICE in the entire time eBay has had the option to donate (it's been at least 2-3 years since they started doing that) have they offered animal charities. One of those times was when I sold a ton of shit and could automatically send a fraction of a final auction bid to a blind cat sanctuary, and I sent anywhere from 20% to 100% of the proceeds from each auction to that charity. Funny story about this: one item was a $3 Hello Kitty trinket, out of which 100% of the bid cash was being donated and I said as much in the auction in the hopes of getting a few extra bids for the kitties. Some cockbag messaged me and tried to haggle with me over my asking price, but only after insisting I send them photos of the toy from all angles. Cheap much?

I don't give a flying fuck about families. They always get all the help and all the sympathy, and rarely are they ever grateful for it anyway (like every single item on a wish tree being an iGadget or the latest XBox/Playstation). Breeders get all the perks, all the tax breaks, all the government benefits and freebies, they're first in line for any sort of charity/giveaway/food, and they get preference in just about every single way. Meanwhile, all those unchilded people and animals can just go fuck themselves. It's a load of bullshit.

If I have money in my wallet, I'll always donate to an animal-related charity. Unlike breeders, I actually LIKE animals, and you'll never meet a dog that has a tantrum because its bed is the wrong color or a cat whose food isn't shaped like fish. Meanwhile, I am more than happy to refuse to donate a dollar to FucksToGive Chyuldren's Foundation because, in the words of George Carlin, "Fuck the children!"
Re: "Would you like to donate to help out an animal for the holidays?" "Sure!"
December 09, 2014
Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou :beer

I usually donate at petsmart or petco when I go there to get kitty litter.

I prefer animals, especially my own over most people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
Hmm. I need to burn 30 bucks for the FSA. Maybe condoms will be a worthwhile investment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Cambion
I don't give a flying fuck about families. They always get all the help and all the sympathy, and rarely are they ever grateful for it anyway (like every single item on a wish tree being an iGadget or the latest XBox/Playstation). Breeders get all the perks, all the tax breaks, all the government benefits and freebies, they're first in line for any sort of charity/giveaway/food, and they get preference in just about every single way. Meanwhile, all those unchilded people and animals can just go fuck themselves. It's a load of bullshit.

If I have money in my wallet, I'll always donate to an animal-related charity. Unlike breeders, I actually LIKE animals, and you'll never meet a dog that has a tantrum because its bed is the wrong color or a cat whose food isn't shaped like fish. Meanwhile, I am more than happy to refuse to donate a dollar to FucksToGive Chyuldren's Foundation because, in the words of George Carlin, "Fuck the children!"

:yr

Thank you.

Shit happens; some things happen to people that elicit deserved sympathy; but IMO humans are largely in control of their destinies and bad things happen because of shitty or selfish decisions. I'll be damned if I'll expend any of my resources to help them with that. Animals, on the other hand, are truly victims at the hands of humans and can do little to improve their own circumstances. I budget my contributions to help them.
December 10, 2014
navi8orgirl
Hmm. I need to burn 30 bucks for the FSA. Maybe condoms will be a worthwhile investment.

Too late:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
I'll be making a donation to my local no-kill cat shelter this holiday season, too.

You know (I know that we all know but the breeders don't) that domestic animals really do not fare too well when left out in the wild, left on their own, needing someone to come along give them a home and TLC. Human beings, ahem, OTOH, have the in-built resiliency, to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.

Oh did I forget to mention animals have no concept of entitlements? LOL
I also donate at Petsmart, in memory of my shelter kitty who died a year ago. Work is pushing the help famblees in need have a great xmas by "adopting" one or three. These aren't random people, but those who work at the company who have "fallen on hard times." Which granted could mean anything. But I overheard my supervisor mentioning some of the stuff the kids asked for: like special dance shoes, higher end clothing, toy trucks and cars, etc. My supervisor mentioned in passing I still had time to donate, I just smiled and walked off. Fuck 'em. Yes I am a Grinch, no I don't give a shit if you don't like it.

----------------------------------------------
Do not annoy the author, for she may put you in a book and kill you.
bitchyauthor
I also donate at Petsmart, in memory of my shelter kitty who died a year ago. Work is pushing the help famblees in need have a great xmas by "adopting" one or three. These aren't random people, but those who work at the company who have "fallen on hard times." Which granted could mean anything. But I overheard my supervisor mentioning some of the stuff the kids asked for: like special dance shoes, higher end clothing, toy trucks and cars, etc. My supervisor mentioned in passing I still had time to donate, I just smiled and walked off. Fuck 'em. Yes I am a Grinch, no I don't give a shit if you don't like it.

The shitstains should be more concerned with food and clothing, you know, NECESSITIES, instead of the latest consumer crap. smile rolling left righteyes2
And we have had about 15 Pugs given up so people can go on vacation. The shelters are getting 50+ animals A DAY since around mid-November.

I always do at least a buck at Petco or PetSmart. If there is a drive for the elderly I will do it too.

My last experience with angel trees was in our mall: there was one for kids and one for senior citizens. Seniors want simple things like socks, peppermints and crossword puzzles. The most expensive thing may have been a throw blanket. The kids want expensive shit. I think ONE little girl wanted a plain Barbie but it was all iPod Touches (this was a few yrs back) and XBox/PlayStations.

Needless to say the senior tree had no items left. The kid tree was still full.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
navi8orgirl
And we have had about 15 Pugs given up so people can go on vacation. The shelters are getting 50+ animals A DAY since around mid-November.

I always do at least a buck at Petco or PetSmart. If there is a drive for the elderly I will do it too.

My last experience with angel trees was in our mall: there was one for kids and one for senior citizens. Seniors want simple things like socks, peppermints and crossword puzzles. The most expensive thing may have been a throw blanket. The kids want expensive shit. I think ONE little girl wanted a plain Barbie but it was all iPod Touches (this was a few yrs back) and XBox/PlayStations.

Needless to say the senior tree had no items left. The kid tree was still full.

It makes me see red when people abandon their animals. angry flipping off Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that adopting a pet is a COMMITMENT, just like having a kyd? They aren't disposable. People who willingly violate their pets' unconditional love and trust make me sick. :hardcore

The elderly are 1000x more deserving than breeders and their entitled shitlings. Presumably, they have spent decades being productive members of society and paying into the system, and many of the needy ones have physical limitations that they didn't choose. THEY deserve society's respect and support…people who choose to breed in defiance of all logic and sound decision-making do not. I remember several years ago, our school did an angel tree for the local veterans' home. There were things on there like an AM/FM alarm clock and sweats, not fucking iPhones and $300 headphones. Jesus.
Why in the hell would I buy some stranger kid an expensive piece of technology that will be obsolete in 1-2 years? I wouldn't even buy that for my friend's kid, not that his mother would let me in the first place (he has to save up his money if he wants stuff like that. He just bought his own XBox after saving up for a year). Toys for Tots and similar charities are going to find themselves down the crapper because kids and their breeders are asking strangers to buy them expensive toys instead of being grateful for whatever they get. The breeders can go use their tax credits and unearned massive tax refunds to buy their kids this crap.

And no, it's not selfish if I buy myself said expensive piece of technology because I'll use it far past the point of being obsolete and not break it or stop using it after 6 months. I bought it with my own money that I rightfully earned at my job, I'll actually value it.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
rudeawakening
It makes me see red when people abandon their animals. angry flipping off Why is it so hard for people to comprehend that adopting a pet is a COMMITMENT, just like having a kyd? They aren't disposable. People who willingly violate their pets' unconditional love and trust make me sick. :hardcore

Like this poor bubby. Only 8 months old

Her description reads: OWNER SURRENDER "dog belongs to owners daughter who went back to school..cannot care for"

So some bitch pulled a Paris Hilton and adopted a cute little puppy that she probably thought would be a purse pet. Likely, knowing how temperamental chi's can be, it's probably not housebroken and the girl didn't want to deal with that. So, off to the kill house it goes.

The sweetie is quite likely to be rescued; she's listed on a FB network that makes for happy endings, especially for small, sad pupsters like this; but she shouldn't even be there in the first place.

rudeawakening
The elderly are 1000x more deserving than breeders and their entitled shitlings. Presumably, they have spent decades being productive members of society and paying into the system, and many of the needy ones have physical limitations that they didn't choose. THEY deserve society's respect and support…people who choose to breed in defiance of all logic and sound decision-making do not. I remember several years ago, our school did an angel tree for the local veterans' home. There were things on there like an AM/FM alarm clock and sweats, not fucking iPhones and $300 headphones. Jesus.

::purses lips and blows out a heavy breath:::

That concept, to me, shouldn't be as broad as we all make it. I dispense 'old people sympathy' on a case-by-case basis. Breeder parents turn into nasty old people with a toxic sense of entitlement. Sometimes they can be the proverbial 'sweet old lady' who *sighs* because she's alone and forgotten, but if you look closely into her background, you'll find a trail of damage from dysfunctional parenting. My grandmother was like that. A more evil woman never lived, at least in the minds of those of us who really knew her, yet she could fool a stranger into thinking she was helpless, abandoned, and suffering and she "didn't know why!"

Nevertheless, oldsters should be provided with basic, comfortable care, certainly. Old age can be pathetic and unfair. It's something we all come to and is a stage of life where a lot of people see in that vulnerability an opportunity to exploit or abuse, especially offspring who have a grudge against their parents.

I'd donate to an angel tree for an old person before I'd do the same for a kid, it is rare to see an oldster asking for anything elaborate, but ask me to do something like visit with them or become a friend and I'll say "I need to do an in-depth interview first." smile rolling left righteyes2 I've already been subjected to the behavior of a nasty old person, I know it sometimes takes time for them to drop the "pitiful old lady/man" act and let you see the real person they are
December 13, 2014
Organizers of these gift grabs would be smart to put a dollar value limit on requested items.
The greedy grabbers are really off-putting to potential donors.

If I had lots of excess money, I would rather donate to 20-30 modest gifts than give an expensive non-necessity 1-2 greedy grabbers.
Corporate-driven holiday consumerism is not a legit excuse for begging. Help someone eat or put a roof over their head? Okay, maybe. But buying toys, electronics and other shit for a kid who will discard them in 3 months is not worthy of donation. Toys are not necessities. If you feel they are, buy them your fucking self. :eh??
Double post, woops.
know what in high school, they used to make us to donate to straving children oversea's, so ok now as an adult, I could see how an entire privet school of 900 girls could be a good money pooling situation, probly make a serious difference, I get that. but as a teen, when I said no, I didn't want to donate because some woman got pregnant and had to many kids and now cant afford to feed them, I was put in counselling and told to wait outside of the class room during the donation seminars, detention and my perants were called to tell them how ungenerous I was, I don't know or care which country it was, It dosnt matter 10 years after the fact, point is when I was 15/16 I already knew I wasn't interested in supporting someone else's child, and was punished for standing up for what I belived in.

I do support animal shelters, as often as I can, I've been sick and unemployed for a year, and yet have still bought most of my pet supplies from my local shelter just to support them, I ask family and friends to meet me for lunch at the shelters café, which also funds them, I managed to get family and friends to get their new pets from the shelters, people who have the good situation to care for the animals needs for their entire life.

leading up to Christmas I know that the shelters are totally maxed out with abandoned animals that breeding humans just give up over Christmas, so they can go away for two months without paying a kennel or cattery to look after them, they dump them with the idea of, i'll just get billy a new one for Christmas, this was the first year the local shelter did a mass mail out, to everyone who has ever adopted or been a regular supporter asking if I could help take in animals over Christmas as a external carer, but after being sick all year, and unemployed, I cant afford it, I so want to, I know I have the room and time, but not the resources, which is sad.

yet at my local shopping centre, theirs a bolted down cage you can drop food into for feeding familys over Christmas, its filled up twice already and is about the size of a standard van. they used to have a second cage, for animal shelter donations, but I havnt seen it for 3 years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login