Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Crunchy moos kill another.

Posted by thom_c 
Crunchy moos kill another.
December 11, 2014
https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/infant-dies-of-legionairres-disease-after-water-104936635732.html

Infant Dies of Legionnaires' Disease After Water Birth
Live Science

An infant in Texas died from Legionnaires’ disease few weeks after being born in a heated birthing pool at home, according to a new report from investigators at the Texas Department of State Health Services.

Legionnaires’ disease is a severe form of pneumonia and is caused by Legionella bacteria, which live in warm water and can be commonly found in hot tubs and plumbing systems, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The baby’s death, in January 2014, is the first and only documented case of this infection linked with water birth in the United States, and comes after a few similar cases of Legionella infection reported in the UK and France. But there could be more cases that haven’t been reported, the researchers said.

Severe Legionella infection is not highly common (it sends about 8,000 to 18,000 Americans to hospital every year), but infants are at particularly higher risk for developing severe complications if they get infected with this bacterium.

The 6-day-old infant was taken to the hospital with breathing problems and other signs of an infection. The doctors tested for some more common bacteria, but they also suspected the infant might have Legionnaires’ disease because the infant was exposed to heated water. Tests showed the infant was indeed infected with Legionella. After a 19-day hospitalization, the baby died.

rest at link

Because feeling good and self duhsteem is more important than science and experience...

That's awful. I be willing to be that there are indeed many more of these cases that have gone unreported/undiagnosed.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Re: Crunchy moos kill another.
December 14, 2014
Right now where I live we have one child dead and a few others seriously ill after parents ignored health warnings and gave their kids raw milk. It is illegal to market it for human consumption here in Australia and it can only be used for cosmetic reasons, and is sold as 'bath milk'. They know it is unpasteurised and yet some people think it is natural and therefore must be healthier. Not all things 'natural' are healthy. Botulism and salmonella are natural, as is the legionella bacteria.
December 15, 2014
I find this funny, did the moo know that this could happen, did she even look into the risks involved with a water birth? because if she did, could she to be jailed for killing her baby? so many moms are jailed for killing there kids either intentionally or unintentionally, so if she was aware that her home bath tub wasn't the safest place to be trying to give birth, wouldn't that count on some kind of attempted murder charge.

but in all honesty, as far as breeding go's, I always thought giving birth in water was a strange option, I mean yes it probly takes away some level of pain and tension, instainly washes the baby and blood away, but humans arnt fish, were ment to be born on dry land with air present.

im also in australia
December 15, 2014
Exile, although we live on dry land, we are highly aquatic. Babies can even swim underwater. They put their tongue between their lips to keep from getting water in their mouths. And this is actually a response to being in water for months. I just thought is was cool so that's why I brought it up.

If I was insane, I would probably choose the water, but in a hospital. You can apparently do that. Although If I were insane but smart about it, I would probably elect for a c section.. You know.. Like OBs do..
December 15, 2014
I bet OBs opt for C-sections because the position women are in to give birth vaginally is optimal for OBs and L&D nurses to see what's going on, but is a terrible position to be in to give birth because of the way we're built, hence all the nasty crap that happens from vaginal births. The best birthing position is a squat, but it's impossible for doctors and nurses to see.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 17, 2014
I hope this moo feels gratified by her home birth. And avoiding a medical (rape) birth. How selfish can they be, to choose a method they prefer, regardless of the risks to the larva.:bdid Oh, I forgot, it's all about them, after all.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login