Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ATC Trainee Negligence Causes Horrific Death, Trainee Plays the Moo Card

Posted by cfchevygirl 
ATC Trainee Negligence Causes Horrific Death, Trainee Plays the Moo Card
December 18, 2014
I've done a little reading on the backstory to this, since the latest story doesn't have all the info.

Apparently this woman was an Air Traffic Controller trainee, working under a supervisor. She decided to give this Oil big-wig's plane clearance to take off in low visibility, with a snow plow on the runway. Inevitably, the plane's pilot doesn't see the plow, clips it on take-off and the plane bursts into a ball of flames, killing everyone onboard.

Afterwards, the snow plow driver, supervisor and trainee were detained. The trainee was put on home detention, and then claimed to find out she was in-pig. Of course, now, she's claiming the stress of being held accountable for her actions has caused her to have a miscarriage, and she is looking to be allowed to walk on the charges because of it.

Mind you, she could have been put in jail, instead of house arrest. Her negligence contributed to the death of 4 people; but she just wasn't comfy enough being home, and the stress of being held responsible for her actions cause her to 'lose her baybee'.

So, obviously she should just be allowed to walk, because she's suffered enough, eh?

The young female Russian air traffic controller accused of causing the death of French oil boss Christophe de Margerie has has lost her baby due to stress, her lawyer has revealed.

Trainee Svetlana Krivsun, 23, currently under house arrest, faces up to seven years in jail if found guilty of giving the order to Total boss's Falcon business jet to takeoff at a Moscow airport when a snowplough was on the runway.

The plane clipped the vehicle moments after leaving the ground, exploding in a fireball and killing de Margerie and the three crew.

'My client had a miscarriage as a result of the continuous nervous tension,' said her lawyer Sergey Isaev during a court hearing to prolong Krivsun's detention.

He told a judge that she had been pregnant on the day of the air crash but at the time did not know she was expecting a baby.

Her house arrest made it difficult for her to see a doctor when her pregnancy became evident, he claimed.

'Because of the delay in seeking medical help, she lost the baby,' he said, saying she was unable to attend the court hearing.

'Now she needs long-term treatment, including psychological.'

The judge ordered that she remain under house arrest until April 23 pending a trial into the tragedy.

Link

While I don't doubt that, in Russia, it's possible the equipment wasn't the best, it doesn't mean that she (or anyone else) can slack off on their responsibility. It's one thing to say, the equipment sucks and I can't do my job properly. It's another to say that "I'm inpig, and so I shouldn't be detained, even at home. And now that I've had a miscarriage, I should be relieved of any responsibility."
Re: ATC Trainee Negligence Causes Horrific Death, Trainee Plays the Moo Card
December 18, 2014
And what exactly could have been done to prevent a miscarriage if she was as early term as this whole shitshow suggests? Liar liar pants on fire. They don't just shove a cork up in there. There are drugs to stop early labor, but they only work so well, and aren't a lot of help if separation of the placenta has begun. It wasn't stress, it was defective. A well formed loaf can hold on through a mother starving herself entirely in an attempt to starve it out of her uterus.
I don't believe her "suffered enough" whine for a second.
I don't know if she's primarily at fault here, or if her supervisor is. I would feel sorry for her because she has to live with this (though less so than for the victims and their loved ones). But, playing the piggo card makes it hard to have sympathy.

The crash only happened on October 20 and she didn't find out she was inpig until after so it must have been an early miscarriage. The clump probably had some extra chromosomes or something. Miscarriages aren't the same as early labor—they can't really be prevented if they're going to happen or already in progress. So while she should have seen a doctor after the fact, I highly doubt that a delay in medical treatment actually caused her to lose the clump. She is totally looking for sympathy so she doesn't get punished. spanking with a whip on the ass
I think the onus is on the supervisor for not supervising a trainee. However, this is Russia and not here. They may all be equally culpable there.

Playing the missed period card (because a six week miscarriage is exactly that) is low rent, though. Four living people are dead and you are using this to keep your ass out of hot water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 18, 2014
Funny how our ancestors before us have been having children without fucking things up for thousands of years.

"Oh, by the way dear, I haven't tended the vegetable garden or watered/harvested for two weeks. Must be because I'm expecting, so it looks like we'll all starve this winter, teehee!"

"Oops, baby brain, forgot to put out the campfire and now the entire valley is on fire, there goes our wagon and the horses, too. LOLZ!"

"Left the barn door open and wild animals got in and ate all the chickens and goats. Not my fault because baby."

It's a fairly modern trend to use pregnancy as a disability and this stupid bitch needs to be tried to the full extent possible. You lost your cell clump? Big deal, four people are dead and they had lives and families, too.
December 18, 2014
Shiny
Funny how our ancestors before us have been having children without fucking things up for thousands of years.

"Oh, by the way dear, I haven't tended the vegetable garden or watered/harvested for two weeks. Must be because I'm expecting, so it looks like we'll all starve this winter, teehee!"

"Oops, baby brain, forgot to put out the campfire and now the entire valley is on fire, there goes our wagon and the horses, too. LOLZ!"

"Left the barn door open and wild animals got in and ate all the chickens and goats. Not my fault because baby."

It's a fairly modern trend to use pregnancy as a disability and this stupid bitch needs to be tried to the full extent possible. You lost your cell clump? Big deal, four people are dead and they had lives and families, too.

That is exactly the right way to put it!
But Russia is pretty crazy breederific, wonder how that'll play out...
Shiny
It's a fairly modern trend to use pregnancy as a disability[...]

I'm waiting for this line of thinking to start reaching its natural conclusion. If you want to be treated like a retarded invalid because you're knocked up/have children, okay we'll do that. You want to avoid adult responsibilities and consequences because baby, then you don't get the rights and freedoms that come with. You can be 100% dependent on your husband. Hell, you can't even go have a moo day out at Starbucks. You don't have a car and that doesn't matter because you can't even drive and you don't have a license. And with what money? Your husband gives you an allowance and that's only for necessities. A special moo bus will come around at regular intervals so you can run errands, so you're not taking up room on the normal buses where the working people need the seats (and certainly not taking up the disabled/elderly/wheelchair area). No Internet time for you while at home. You're a busy mom, remember? And your husband has the password to log into the computer anyway. You need to be maintaining house cleanliness, cooking proper meals not based on prepackaged convenience items, maintaining your and your children's personal appearances, stimulating your children, etc.

No chance of you fucking up a job and killing people and trying to absolve your responsibility because pregnancy/miscarriage when you're barely allowed to leave the house.

I swear, moos don't know what they want. They want to be taken seriously, but then once shit hits the fan, they want special treatment and be exempted from the standards everybody else is held to because they're inpig/have kids. Bitch about the wage gap (and let's not even get into how their data completely leaves PoC out of the mix because then that really takes away a lot of their steam), but demand ample amounts of moo leave (and expect that to be paid despite the fact that they aren't working for a personal choice). Want their job to be there waiting for them and not potentially replaced by a better candidate, but will half-ass by coming in late, leaving early, needing pumping breaks in 5-star luxury, and expect a lot of leniency. Will claim how busy they are as stay-at-home-moms and understand what's truly important in life, but have the time to stage nurse-ins at businesses that won't cater to them (on a weekday afternoon when functional people are at work).

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
paragon schnitzophonic
Shiny
It's a fairly modern trend to use pregnancy as a disability[...]

I'm waiting for this line of thinking to start reaching its natural conclusion. If you want to be treated like a retarded invalid because you're knocked up/have children, okay we'll do that. You want to avoid adult responsibilities and consequences because baby, then you don't get the rights and freedoms that come with. You can be 100% dependent on your husband. Hell, you can't even go have a moo day out at Starbucks. You don't have a car and that doesn't matter because you can't even drive and you don't have a license. And with what money? Your husband gives you an allowance and that's only for necessities. A special moo bus will come around at regular intervals so you can run errands, so you're not taking up room on the normal buses where the working people need the seats (and certainly not taking up the disabled/elderly/wheelchair area). No Internet time for you while at home. You're a busy mom, remember? And your husband has the password to log into the computer anyway. You need to be maintaining house cleanliness, cooking proper meals not based on prepackaged convenience items, maintaining your and your children's personal appearances, stimulating your children, etc.

No chance of you fucking up a job and killing people and trying to absolve your responsibility because pregnancy/miscarriage when you're barely allowed to leave the house.

I swear, moos don't know what they want. They want to be taken seriously, but then once shit hits the fan, they want special treatment and be exempted from the standards everybody else is held to because they're inpig/have kids. Bitch about the wage gap (and let's not even get into how their data completely leaves PoC out of the mix because then that really takes away a lot of their steam), but demand ample amounts of moo leave (and expect that to be paid despite the fact that they aren't working for a personal choice). Want their job to be there waiting for them and not potentially replaced by a better candidate, but will half-ass by coming in late, leaving early, needing pumping breaks in 5-star luxury, and expect a lot of leniency. Will claim how busy they are as stay-at-home-moms and understand what's truly important in life, but have the time to stage nurse-ins at businesses that won't cater to them (on a weekday afternoon when functional people are at work).

I'm waiting for this to happen. I would like to separate motherhood from womanhood FIRST. Lest women be enslaved for no reason. But seriously though.. It seems that mommies can't function in a society that is two steps ahead of them. It may be beneficial to encourage their staying at home, if not forcing it as law or anything like that. I would go in a merit system, where if you fuck up, you have to stay home. There ARE still PNBs that do their best and are considerate. Why fuck over those who need no intervention?
you know, Victorian society used to send pregnant women into a period of confinement from the minute they started showing to about a month after the kid was born, and then it was not referred to in polite company.

I am beginning to think they had the right idea. :litebulb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login